Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 03:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
and......FYI..... because YOU say so doesn't make it so.
The US supreme court says it is not. Anyone to argue is wrong.

Otherwise while Paul is strongly pro-life, he also feels the federal government should not intrude on a woman's body, rather leaving it up to the states to decide.
Lets say Paul did make it to the white house, legislation to pass such bill would be nearly impossible and even it if did, you would likely only see possibly a state or two pass such a bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 03:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummm....you better talk to cyclone8570 about that....he is the one who brought animals into the discussion.

And.....yes.....the science of life is the same for animals as it is for humans.

Biology is biology.
Ummm....no I am referring to your post and what you posted.
And.....no..... the life of any animal in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is comparable to human.
Humans have rights, animals don't.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,059,960 times
Quote:
NO these women and YOU do not know what he is about. Otherwise you would have supported him and we'd be out of the Middle East and we would have avoided the Housing Crash, but you believe what you want to believe.
Do the lives of our Military personnel or the hundreds of thousands of lives lost by our hand in the Middle East mean nothing?

Recalling his personal observation of a late-term abortion performed by one of his instructors during his medical residency, Ron Paul stated, “It was pretty dramatic for me to see a two-and-a-half-pound baby taken out crying and breathing and put in a bucket.”***

“If you can’t protect life then how can you protect liberty?

NOW you know what he's about, hopefully.

and......FYI..... because YOU say so doesn't make it so.
*** see above
And there you have another reason why Ron Paul is not fit to govern.

The fact that late-term abortions are already SEVERELY restricted seems to have escaped him.

And yea, I know what Ron Paul is all about. He is all about using inflammatory, inconcise rhetoric to take away a woman's right to control her own body.

Ron Paul, and others like him, should stop trying to change a law that has already been decided by the Supreme Court and concentrate instead on ending our wars and improving our economy.....but that isn't what they are all about, is it?

NEWSFLASH: Women do not have to give up their rights to end war and save the economy.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
like prohibition?

Quote:
Otherwise while Paul is strongly pro-life, he also feels the federal government should not intrude on a woman's body, rather leaving it up to the states to decide.
wow you got something right about Ron Paul.

Quote:
Even lets say Paul did make it to the white house, legislation to pass such bill would be nearly impossible and even it if did, you would likely only see possibly a state or two pass such a bill
maybe. No more than that imo. I don't see that happening for a very long time. We still kill innocent people in the Middle East. It's going to take some time for people to believe in the sanctity of life.

Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Ummm....no I am referring to your post and what you posted.
And.....no..... the life of any animal in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM is comparable to human.
Humans have rights, animals don't.
A fetus is a fetus. It is nothing more than a potential human.....it has NO RIGHTS!

And yes, animals are certainly comparable to humans. Their bodies operate the same way ours do. Biology 101....sign up for it.

Last edited by Annie53; 08-31-2011 at 03:40 AM..

Old 08-31-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:

Lets say Paul did make it to the white house, legislation to pass such bill would be nearly impossible and even it if did, you would likely only see possibly a state or two pass such a bill
Yea....he just feels that state government should intrude on a woman's body. Gee, that makes me feel so much better about it.

Only the women in one or two states would lose their rights? And you think that is OK?

How about we ban football in only one or two states? How would you like that? LOL

As you said, Ron Paul is strongly pro-life.....and if he can use states rights as an underhanded, backdoor way to ban abortion he will. THAT is his agenda and we all know it.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,922,642 times
Quote:
And there you have another reason why Ron Paul is not fit to govern.

The fact that late-term abortions are already SEVERELY restricted seems to have escaped him.

And yea, I know what Ron Paul is all about. He is all about using inflammatory, inconcise rhetoric to take away a woman's right to control her own body.

Ron Paul, and others like him, should stop trying to change a law that has already been decided by the Supreme Court and concentrate instead on ending our wars and improving our economy.....but that isn't what they are all about, is it?

NEWSFLASH: Women do not have to give up their rights to end war and save the economy.
you don't seem to understand ron paul's position on abortion-which is that it is a state's rights issue.

speaking for myself as a woman (and certainly not speaking for ron paul) i would like to know where the rights of those who don't want to FUND abortions come in? where are their rights?

why do americans have to keep funding other people's irresponsible behavior?

could we just have a country that rewards good behavior for a change?

i am going to enclose a quote i read in a book by a physician just so people think about the subject of life itself:
I opened the speculum, and saw a tiny pair of white feet, the little legs crossed at the ankles. They were beautifully formed, with impossibly perfect toes. They looked like a little charm you'd see on a person's bracelet, or the pieces you see in a Monopoly set, the tiny cannon, racecar, and top hat. A thin umbilical cord protruded out with the legs. A tiny person, half in, half out of the cervix.

i just wish that we would give more thought to the issue as a country.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 AM

865 posts, read 676,540 times
Quote:
A fetus is a fetus. It is nothing more than a potential human.....it has NO RIGHTS!

And yes, animals are certainly comparable to humans. Their bodies operate the same way ours do. Biology 101....sign up for it.

So Annie, if you crash into a car with a pregnant driver, and the fetus dies, why are you held liable for manslaughter?

Old 08-31-2011, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
A lot of women agree with Ron Paul and believe life begins at conception, I think you were just talking to typical liberal women (I mean, this was in vegas after all)

I don't mean to hijack the thread by this: The other day I was eating at a vegan restaurant and it got me thinking... I love how all these vegan's (who are typically liberal) are all about animal rights, but when it comes to the rights of a child (i.e. abortion) they couldn't care less (pro-choice). It is a bit hypocritical...
Excellant post. This is true with many similar issues; one being capital punishment, but again, I am not hijacking the thread.

Nita

Old 08-31-2011, 05:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Not hypocritical at all. A fetus is not a child. A cat, dog, etc. fetus is not a cat or dog.

I am pro-choice. I have had kitten fetuses aborted when I took in a pregnant stray. I still have her. Friends of mine had pit bull fetuses aborted when they took in an abused {she had buckshot in her} pit bull. They still have her.

Babies, kittens, puppies that are BORN have feelings, they think and feel.

Fetuses do not think or feel, they are not aware.....they do not have rights until they are viable outside of the womb....be they human, cat, or dog, etc.
Bull, what do you call that little thing that is moving and breathing if it isn't a baby?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections