Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,092,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
remember donald trump? they all wanted him to run on this forum and at one time he was leading to win the nomination.

remember cain? he was supposed to be the real black president, won the fox debate, and was a leader in a couple polls.

remember bachmann? she won iowa and was on every network and was on top of the polls just a bit ago.

now perry, the illegal alien lover takes the top spot, and now the right adores him.

what this tells me. the right has no principles or beliefs it stands for outside of voting how the elite republicans tell them to vote and what the media says.
Trop, you so off on this one: there were a handful of Trump supporters but very, very few. This holds true with Cain and Bachmann, but I think a few more were behind her. Most of us who are supporting Perry absolutely never supporter the others you suggested. I did hope Daniels would run, but I respected his decision not to and I understand. Most would say the same.

The media has been Romney about all the way. There may have been some coverage on others because the they were new and did make a move, regardless of how small and Trump is a well known name that is a little nutty from time to time so it made news when he decided he might want to run. No, we conservatives did not just on the bandwagon for any of those you list, not the way people are supporting Perry right now. This is not to say, someone may not jump in the race and blow Perry's lead all to hell, it is not saying another candidate would not get the press excited, but as things stand right now: Perry is ahead, may very well get the nomination and that isn't because our leader said "do it my way" I am wondering who our leader you refer to is??? I guess I haven't met HER yet.
Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2011, 12:38 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,935,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
But if they both do the same thing, why single out the right? Why not title the thread, "The 2 major parties only back front runners and people who the media pushes?"

Also, just how many candidates could the media really follow? I mean, the upcoming GOP debate has 8 participants. There are probably a lot more than that, but can you really follow every single candidate who signs up to run?

I suppose there is a ladder that must be climbed before being able to run as a potential front runner; that ladder might include being a party member for a long time, raising a big amount of money for the party, holding an important public office, etc. Only then can you even have the chance of entering a big race like the presidential one and getting any attention.
because the dems arnt running to nominate a candidate, the republicans are.

im not ideological and could care less about obama or his republican partners in crime.

this is a larger point about the stupidity of the american voter and how they will vote for whoever 1. the gop establishment tells them to vote for 2. what the media says(fox, rush limbaugh, hannity to the right)

Old 09-04-2011, 03:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,007,626 times
Quote:
because the dems arnt running to nominate a candidate, the republicans are.

im not ideological and could care less about obama or his republican partners in crime.

this is a larger point about the stupidity of the american voter and how they will vote for whoever 1. the gop establishment tells them to vote for 2. what the media says(fox, rush limbaugh, hannity to the right)
This I agree with. The Left is also just as duped as the Republicans. You guys could have nominated someone somewhat principled like Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel (whom I backed in 2008) but you guys went for the black guy because the liberal media was all like ooooooh aaaaaaah the first black president. I know, because I all I watched back then was Olbermann and Maddow for news.

Fast forward to 2011 and the only candidate on the GOP side I've supported from the very beginning was Ron Paul, and I'm not wavering from that It's thanks to him I became a Paleo-Conservative/Classical Liberal. The only stance I don't agree with him is having a gold-standard. I think it's too easy for the billionaires of the world to manipulate the price of gold, thereby affecting the worth of our currency.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,197,970 times
Quote:
remember donald trump? they all wanted him to run on this forum and at one time he was leading to win the nomination.

remember cain? he was supposed to be the real black president, won the fox debate, and was a leader in a couple polls.

remember bachmann? she won iowa and was on every network and was on top of the polls just a bit ago.

now perry, the illegal alien lover takes the top spot, and now the right adores him.

what this tells me. the right has no principles or beliefs it stands for outside of voting how the elite republicans tell them to vote and what the media says.

Not all of us on the right adore Perry. I think the polls are misleading actually, but it is way early to know.

Old 09-04-2011, 06:30 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,041,951 times
That's how the elite establishment maintains control. Force-fed debates, you choose the lesser of two evils but your vote is still for the establishment. Obama ended up doing everything we were afraid of McCain doing. Continuing the Patriot act, starting more wars, hiring lobbyists, etc. We think we make a choice between the two but it makes no difference who we vote for as long as we're still voting for the establishment. You think they would risk putting a real candidate up for an actual chance to break the status quo?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:06 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,498,530 times
Quote:

You could say that about the Democrats too. They could have voted for somebody decent like Dennis Kucinich but the media pushed Obama, so Obama it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections