Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 03:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I think this is a bad move pulling the Reagan card. Reagan was a godfather of the big government, massive spending, corporatist republican party that we have today, things Paul apparently was strongly against. He's also going to push away some independents, on the fence disgruntled democrats, and his liberal base.
I don't think so. His policies haven't changed. Ron Pauls point all along has been to quit relying on the ones who created the mess. Look where it got us.

When you say democrats and independents, you're talking about the finale and not the outcome of republican primaries I take it.

Perry is the front runner, that's who you go after. Romney was smart getting into South Carolina at the last minute because of that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,465,715 times
Quote:
I think this is a bad move pulling the Reagan card. Reagan was a godfather of the big government, massive spending, corporatist republican party that we have today, things Paul apparently was strongly against. He's also going to push away some independents, on the fence disgruntled democrats, and his liberal base.
Oh well, he'll just have to remind people that he didn't endorse everything Reagan did but Reagan did do some good. Fiscal Responsibility wasn't one of them however.

Here are a list of his accomplishments someone put together and highlights of what it was like here before he took office.

Reagan Administration Accomplishments 1981-1989 — The Forerunner

Old 09-07-2011, 05:41 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,819,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I don't think so. His policies haven't changed. Ron Pauls point all along has been to quit relying on the ones who created the mess. Look where it got us.

When you say democrats and independents, you're talking about the finale and not the outcome of republican primaries I take it.

Perry is the front runner, that's who you go after. Romney was smart getting into South Carolina at the last minute because of that reason.
I'm talking the primaries as well if Paul makes it that far. He's essentially trying to be Mr. Reagan, while bashing Perry for working with a democrat. While yes, he should go against Perry, he's not approaching it in the right way if he wants to gain independent and left votes.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I'm talking the primaries as well if Paul makes it that far. He's essentially trying to be Mr. Reagan, while bashing Perry for working with a democrat. While yes, he should go against Perry, he's not approaching it in the right way if he wants to gain independent and left votes.
I don't think there are that many states that allow dems and indis to vote in the repub primary.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,467,741 times
Anyone who "trusts" anything any politician has to say is a complete idiot, or a Ron Paul fanatic.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
Ron Paul reminds me a lot of this other 'wild-n-crazy' Texan, and he'll get just about as far.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Ron Paul reminds me a lot of this other 'wild-n-crazy' Texan, and he'll get just about as far.
I disagree. Ross Perot got 19% of the popular vote in 1992 and 8% of the popular vote in 1996. Whereas Ron Paul has never gotten more than 0.5% of the popular vote, ever.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:51 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
^^^ Thanks, that's amazing and I didn't realize his support was actually so thin. Which kinda brings up the basic fact that no matter how many "great ideas" Paul may have, what good is it if he can't lead...?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
^^^ Thanks, that's amazing and I didn't realize his support was actually so thin. Which kinda brings up the basic fact that no matter how many "great ideas" Paul may have, what good is it if he can't lead...?
It makes perfect sense actually. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, and Libterarians are nothing more than closet anarchists. Anarchists, naturally, do not vote. Which explains Ron Paul's dismal showing in the only poll that counts, the General Election.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
They have different policies. Ron Paul was the one who warned us about the housing collapse from the get go and told us exactly why it would happen. Ron Paul also told us 9/11 was going to happen and the reasons why.

Become informed, otherwise you'll get more of the same horrible policies that have crushed our once great nation.
Quote:
Why comment on an inaccurate post with no facts? How can one possible understand where a candidate stands without taking time to learn his policies? Ron Paul the same as Perot??? LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections