Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,033,554 times

Advertisements

...his non-enforcement of immigration law, and his kowtowing to illegals?

I cannot get behind Romney, Bachmann is of course only there for entertainment value, and the rest are irrelevant.

Rick Perry seems like the only valid choice to run as the Republican candidate BUT the immigration-thing makes my blood boil.

(I'm a moderate, but nothing can make me vote for that in-over-his-head mistake who currently is in the Oval Office.)

Does anyone else feel this is Perry's one big flaw?

(Yes, if you are a liberal or an Obama fan or the like,
you will have all kinds of comments about the wonders of illegal immigration,
how horrible the Republicans are, how wonderful the prez is, etc etc etc.
However, this thread is not about that; please reread if unclear. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,655,283 times
The only thing about Perry that bugs me is the fact that he was speaking about government cutting spending yet he asks for federal aid.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,595,098 times
If Perry gets the nomination, Obama will coast in the next election. Perry is not a likable person and his views are a turnoff to many independents.

As a Houstonian, I can tell you that immigration will be the least of Perry's worries. Perry's biggest issue will be Perry being Perry and the Republican's biggest issue will be nominating a person that is such a turnoff to so many independents.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM

1,019 posts, read 591,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If Perry gets the nomination, Obama will coast in the next election. Perry is not a likable person and his views are a turnoff to many independents.

As a Houstonian, I can tell you that immigration will be the least of Perry's worries. Perry's biggest issue will be Perry being Perry and the Republican's biggest issue will be nominating a person that is such a turnoff to so many independents.
How has he won 10 election out the the last, let's see.... 10 he's competed in???????

You guys are way too transparent.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:56 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,934,365 times
gardisil and how he worked with them exclusively to forcefully vaccinate school aged girls is a big one for me.

if he pushed that once, he'll do it again.

the immigration thing is a big deal for me. im an american citizen. in texas an illegal gets more luxuries then an american citizen, including in state tuition, signed for by perry in 2001.

i think hes the flavor of the week right now.

he could win the nomination, but i dont think he can beat obama.

his past is his problem, and him being a big spending governor from texas is another problem, nobody wants bush again.

the party has the best shot of winning with romney.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:58 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,839,444 times
Perry is just another Texas big oil, corporate puppet, illegal loving republican just like Bush.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:02 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,483,446 times
How stupid is this thread? States can't enforce immigration laws. REMEMBER????? It's a federal thing! At least that's what the feds told Arizona!

Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,870,208 times
Quote:

You're a Houstonian but you're also a liberal Obamabot and you'll attack anyone who threatens him.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
gardisil and how he worked with them exclusively to forcefully vaccinate school aged girls is a big one for me.
You're right; I'd forgotten about that.
Add that one as well for me, then.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:

...Perry being Perry and the Republican's biggest issue will be nominating a person that is such a turnoff to so many independents.
I'm an independent.
What part of his personality am I supposed to be finding unlikeable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections