Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Perry vs Romney is kind of like McCain vs Obama....who's the least bad of the two poor options? It sucks that our options for president have been like this for at least the last 20 years.
I don't think they have been as bad as some think. Even though I am a Republican and I did not vote for Clinton, I do not think he was a bad Pres. I also am not sure why so many think Perry is not electable. I happen to think he is, but that is my opinon only. If he gets the nod, we will see how well he can do. Certainly he hasn't been bad for Texas..At least most of the people in Texas (except for the libs) don't think he has been bad and they keep re-electing him.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,536,797 times
GOP ponders a Rick Perry 2012 candidacy - Alexander Burns and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 AM

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Ohio: Perry vs. Obama

Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 AM

Pennsylvania (PA) Poll * August 2, 2011 * Obama Hurt, But Tops GOP In De - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1327.xml?ReleaseID=1630 - broken link)

I don't expect any right wing replies. It never happens but secretly you guys read this data and see the handwriting on the wall. I cant wait until the second term when the tea party is silenced by the republicans and Obama can get this Country going again.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,259,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Are we talking about Rick Perry the "Cowboy" or Rick Perry the Al Gore supporting liberal? Are we talking about Mitt Romney the free market champion, or Mitt Romney the state run healthcare advocate? You see with this insider globalist politicians you have to know which person they are on which day. Just figure out which way the political wind is blowing and you'll usually find them.
Massachusetts does not have state-run healthcare, and Romney does not favor that.

Please read up on the Massachusetts state plan and the plans that Romney had vs. what was passed. Then respond without purely erroneous rhetoric.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Pennsylvania (PA) Poll * August 2, 2011 * Obama Hurt, But Tops GOP In De - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1327.xml?ReleaseID=1630 - broken link)

I don't expect any right wing replies. It never happens but secretly you guys read this data and see the handwriting on the wall. I cant wait until the second term when the tea party is silenced by the republicans and Obama can get this Country going again.
In that poll, the majority of the voters stated that Obama does not deserve to be re-elected. Also, Obama is statistically tied with Romney and RICK SANTORUM to win PA.

This is supposed to bring confidence on Obama winning a second term?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
In that poll, the majority of the voters stated that Obama does not deserve to be re-elected. Also, Obama is statistically tied with Romney and RICK SANTORUM to win PA.

This is supposed to bring confidence on Obama winning a second term?
One problem he will not be running against either of them. He will be running against perry. And yes it does bring confidence because according to the tea party Obama stands no chance. Obama is up against much but thanks to the tea party he can still win. Romney is done. Santorum are you for real?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:28 AM

Any one remember the many articles like this
Bush's grim poll numbers. - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine

I know I do. The truth no matter how much I wanted bush to lose Kerry stood no chance of defeating him. Kerry could not carry any southern states bush won in 2000. Starting to sound familiar. I remember all kinds of talk about bushes bad poll numbers and how dissatisfied his base was with him. Guess what it wasn't about bush it was about Kerry. See the trend Kerry/Perry.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Any one remember the many articles like this
Bush's grim poll numbers. - By William Saletan - Slate Magazine

I know I do. The truth no matter how much I wanted bush to lose Kerry stood no chance of defeating him. Kerry could not carry any southern states bush won in 2000. Starting to sound familiar. I remember all kinds of talk about bushes bad poll numbers and how dissatisfied his base was with him. Guess what it wasn't about bush it was about Kerry. See the trend Kerry/Perry.
I actually have a scenario where a Republican could very realistically re-capture the Presidency. Not saying it is an easy battle, but very plausible.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I actually have a scenario where a Republican could very realistically re-capture the Presidency. Not saying it is an easy battle, but very plausible.
Of course it could happen. My post are to the tea party and right wingers who day in and day out post things like my dog could beat Obama. Any republican can beat Obama. It is ridiculous how they think anyone can beat Obama. That kind of thinking and allowing the right to take over the party is exactly why Obama is hanging touch in there. No one knows what will happen but to think everyone is ready for a tea party Party President over Obama is crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections