Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 09:30 AM

293 posts, read 722,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
FYI, he was in Detroit Monday.

But anyways, there are 310 Million people in this country and blacks only make up 13% of the population. Fact of the matter is if he wants to be re-elected and stay on a good page with majority of the people he's going to have to visit more white people than black.
Just as a point of reference, during the Civil War 40K black soldiers out of a total 620K soldiers died in the war. The election of Obama was primarily catapulted by white votes. Primarily Liberals and whites with an unbearable degree of guilt trip. Sure! Hispanic votes helped, but they were not the primary factor.

Last edited by Ed Guitar; 09-07-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,349,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Why would blacks (or anyone else) want to vote for Obama this time?
Who should us black folks vote for Massuh?

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
For someone who looks out for the interests of the people. Then again, in order for you to know what those interests and policies are; you would have to do your homework. In addition, start learning things that otherwise would have not motivated you to know about if the economy wasn't in its current condition, thus affecting your future. Besides, if you still find yourself fixated over the race factor then Cynthia McKinney or Herman Cain could be good choices.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,504,366 times
Quote:
Poor whites voting against their own economic self-interest is one thing. But I'm impressed that the Church of the Raging Wingnut can transcend even black identity and self interests!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 AM

56,966 posts, read 35,349,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Guitar View Post
For someone who looks out for the interests of the people. Then again, in order for you to know what those interests and policies are; you would have to do your homework. In addition, start learning things that otherwise would have not motivated you to know about if the economy wasn't in its current condition, thus affecting your future. Besides, if you still find yourself fixated over the race factor then Cynthia McKinney or Herman Cain could be good choices.
LMAO....what are you even talking about.

I'll vote for whoever the hell i want at the end of the day. And no one is deserving of an explanation about my reasons for casting that particular vote.

Folks should just worry about their own vote.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
LMAO....what are you even talking about.

I'll vote for whoever the hell i want at the end of the day. And no one is deserving of an explanation about my reasons for casting that particular vote.

Folks should just worry about their own vote.
Indeed! That's is your right. Nobody asked for any explanation. In fact, you proposed the question, so you got an answer. Soooo... continue your fixation!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
While Obama's poll numbers are low, black turnout in major cities in battleground states could over power rural white voters. The black turnout was key in Obama winning unthinkable states in 2008 like North Carolina and Virginia. The democratic national convention will be held in Charlotte, NC in 2012. Clearly the Obama administration sees NC as a battleground state again. Obama won NC because of large black turnout in the state's three largest metro areas: Charlotte, the Triangle (Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill) and the Piedmont Triad (Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point). We will see this trend in other battleground states.
No one knows for sure, but there is a pretty good chance the blacks and the young people will not get out and vote the way they did in 2008. he was a novelty, they beleived in "hope and change" and they have been disappointed in many cases.

NIta

Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
Have you seen the other contenders lately?

Obama is a crown jewel compared to them.
you opinion and obviously the majority of the Americans do not agree with you. I doubt many think he is a Crown Jewel compared to anyone.

You mention he was in Detroit on Monday, did it occur to you, that might have had something to do with the Unions, Labor Day, looking for all the union support he could get? I would bet it had more to do with unions than the color of anyone's skin.

NIta

Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,210,839 times
How many people vote compared to the amount of people that don't vote? There are all kinds of people that have become apathetic because our politics, and politicians are a joke. That was the first thing I noticed when I started paying attention.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:04 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,446 times
I love how many on hear are hoping that blacks and young people don't exercise their right to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections