U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,312 posts, read 42,418,708 times
Reputation: 7113

Advertisements

Biden campaigns in North Carolina | CITIZEN-TIMES.com | Asheville Citizen-Times

Quote:
Biden said the policies of running mate Barack Obama make his presidency even more urgent and declared this to be the most important election that any living person has seen in their lifetime. But he particularly singled out the meaning of electing someone who is black.

"That will be a transformative event in American politics and internationally," Biden said. "That all by itself will be significant."
Oh geez. Here it comes. They've already played and failed with the experience card, the ageism card, the cancerism card, the earmarkism card, now race card.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2008, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Beautiful Lakes & Mountains of East TN
3,454 posts, read 7,010,729 times
Reputation: 874
Brilliant!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
 
7,987 posts, read 12,015,408 times
Reputation: 2722
Pathetic remarks by Biden. Almost as bad as the Indians in 7/11 and Dunkin Donuts remarks he made in the past.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Wilmington, NC
8,575 posts, read 7,053,946 times
Reputation: 835
asheville is not a real part of NC. it's more of a laughing stock.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:04 PM
 
5,524 posts, read 9,443,986 times
Reputation: 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
asheville is not a real part of NC. it's more of a laughing stock.
You laugh at hippies?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Texas
8,062 posts, read 17,097,646 times
Reputation: 3716
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
You laugh at hippies?
Doesn't everyone?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Yes
2,660 posts, read 6,398,209 times
Reputation: 904
Quote:
Biden said the policies of running mate Barack Obama make his presidency even more urgent and declared this to be the most important election that any living person has seen in their lifetime. But he particularly singled out the meaning of electing someone who is black.

"That will be a transformative event in American politics and internationally," Biden said. "That all by itself will be significant."
I feel insulted for even having to point this out. Look at the quote you used above. Biden said it would be a significant shift and a transformative event because Obama is black. When did he say that we should vote for Obama because he is black? Also, from the way the answer was stated, it is quite obvious that a reporter or person asked Biden what he thought about Obama possibly being the first black president. Biden simply answered.

Never go into journalism.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 05:38 PM
 
Location: Came-by-Chance
1,793 posts, read 1,302,126 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I feel insulted for even having to point this out. Look at the quote you used above. Biden said it would be a significant shift and a transformative event because Obama is black. When did he say that we should vote for Obama because he is black? Also, from the way the answer was stated, it is quite obvious that a reporter or person asked Biden what he thought about Obama possibly being the first black president. Biden simply answered.

Never go into journalism.
Thanks for pointing out yet another misleading thread title by the dark side......+1
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,312 posts, read 42,418,708 times
Reputation: 7113
Quote:
I feel insulted for even having to point this out. Look at the quote you used above.
Follow along now.....that's why I always post.a.link.to.what.I.quote.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
NWS
 
Location: Port Orange, Florida
720 posts, read 1,559,846 times
Reputation: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Biden campaigns in North Carolina | CITIZEN-TIMES.com | Asheville Citizen-Times



Oh geez. Here it comes. They've already played and failed with the experience card, the ageism card, the cancerism card, the earmarkism card, now race card.
Total loss of what credibility you had. So sad.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:48 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top