Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:58 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,258,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
IMO, it would be soooo nice to has a leader that isn't a weakling.

At least he did not bow, like Obama.

Archived Blog: Obama bows down to Saudi King (updated)

There is not one thing wrong with respecting another's culture.

Americans, generally speaking are some of the rudest and most loud and obnoxious group of people when dealing with other cultures. Even ones within America, like Native Americans.

I have no problem with Obama bowing when it was the appropriate thing to do in that culture.

That's the difference between the obnoxious and arrogant and Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:03 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,471,125 times
Perry- "And the sekund reesun I kut funding fore edjukayshun waz..."

Paul- "Hmm, maybe you are as stupid as Bachman."

Old 09-08-2011, 09:09 PM

4,421 posts, read 6,287,279 times
Perry is like the dumb jock that made the nerds do his homework. He is a joke and he is aware of this. Clearly, he is not a serious candidate, just another GW clone making Texans look like morons. EMBARRASSING AND INSULTING TO TEXANS!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:10 PM

12,984 posts, read 13,448,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I don't trust statements like "A third man, said to be Paul’s security guard, is seen approaching the podium in the picture." Who said it? Any corroboration?

Granted, it looks like Perry is the emotive, physical type and probably pushy, but it's all speculation at this point as to what was going on. Perry holding Paul's arm in place looks bullying and disrespectful.
Perry just likes to touch guys (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Old 09-08-2011, 09:16 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,744,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Ouch - that hurt.
Really, you say you admire politicians
who are tough but not a bully.
Yes, that's right.

Quote:
You say Obama is not
tough, Perry is a bully and Paul is a lunatic.
So, I ask... what politician do you admire...
Can't think of any right now..........none that are currently active in politics, anyway. I do admire Obama, but I am not happy with his performance as President. Still, if he runs against Romney or Perry (can't think of any other Rep who will be there), I will certainly vote for Obama.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,058,824 times
Rick perry is done... The Social Security comment just ended his chances... Nobody wants that taken away... Except the elites...

Old 09-08-2011, 09:36 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,032,188 times
jeez I hope to Ron Paul fad would just hurry and pass over. Everyone knows this guy has no shot.
Everyone except the right wing conspiracy nuts who think he's not a "NWO" candidate.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:57 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,982,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
oh my gosh, good thing I wasn't drinking something when I read that - it would be all over my keyboard. love it
Even tho Rand says it was a friendly conversation, I don't believe it. Why would he be pointing his finger in his face, if that were so?
I think he was grabbing his arm and saying, "You know, I am attracted to old dudes too, BUT I have to be the man in the relationship". Then Paul responds back "That is not the way I role, Pink Cowboy".

Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,447,169 times
Default Perry is a grunt and a caveman

We don't need any still shots of Perry's "intimidation" attempts on Paul to realize that Perry is just another Neanderthal. Just a Dubya II, good ol boy who conducts himself as a grunt. A true modern day caveman.

We don't need another yahoo as President after Bush, especially with this supremely intelligent, dignified, classy, articulate, educated, and effective man of color at the helm in President Obama.

Perry represents a severe regression.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:08 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,825,326 times
Default Texas Governor Rick Perry attempted to physically intimidate Congressman Ron Paul

I would like to physically kick Rick Perry's ass, and would welcome the chance to do so.

"Pictures taken during a commercial break in last night’s GOP debate at the Reagan Presidential Library document how Texas Governor Rick Perry attempted to physically intimidate Congressman Ron Paul, prompting Paul’s security to intervene."

Prison Planet.com » Pictures Show Perry Physically Intimidating Ron Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections