Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,081,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
We don't need any still shots of Perry's "intimidation" attempts on Paul to realize that Perry is just another Neanderthal. Just a Dubya II, good ol boy who conducts himself as a grunt. A true modern day caveman.

We don't need another yahoo as President after Bush, especially with this supremely intelligent, dignified, classy, articulate, educated, and effective man of color at the helm in President Obama.

Perry represents a severe regression.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Not a surprise at all. From what I've seen of Perry, I can even imagine him bringing a gun to the debate in order to intimidate the other candidates and "impress" his fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm sure it was *very* friendly. He was probably catcalling Ron and asking if he wanted to get together after the debate. Ron is too classy to call out his embarrasingly gay governor. Good for him.
Poor Lefties...can't seem to make anything stick on Perry, no matter how hard they try.

I guess you guys now have to call Paul a liar, right?

R.Perry v. R. Paul - Simi Valley Debate 9-7-11 - YouTube

As usual with the Left smears, much ado about nothing.....so says Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 09:20 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Both Perry and Paul are from Texas, so chances are pretty good that they are well acquainted.

My sources (who can't be named because they are not authorized to speak for either campaign) reveal that Perry is simply asking Paul to be his running mate for the 2012 election, and is driving each point home with his body language.

About as logical as the OP's position,....don't you think?
nope, they've never met. Their politics are so different even though Perry is talking small government now.
Too all the Perry supporters who think he's small government, don't you think he'd be acquainted with Ron Paul already if he really was?

Old 09-09-2011, 09:46 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,342,864 times
I'm glad to hear that Perry didn't go alpha on him.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:37 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,061,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Poor Lefties...can't seem to make anything stick on Perry, no matter how hard they try.

Uh no... Ron Paul is saving it for the next debate...

Old 09-09-2011, 01:28 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,990,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

The fact that paul can't remember what happened last night, may not be a good thing for Paul Supporters. Maybe he has alzheimers like Regan. That would be terrible, but it is possible considering his lack of memory of last nights events.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:58 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,374,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, because we all know that still shots of people in action tell the whole story.
Rick Perry and Ron Paul get intense during Republican presidential debate | World news | guardian.co.uk

Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM

838 posts, read 925,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Here are the Texas Two trying to shake down Huntsman for protection money:

Paul: "Now John, accidents happen... Podiums collapse, stage lighting falls... let my associate demonstrate."

The very mean look Perry is giving Paul is so telling. Perry is 100% globalist as are other GOP's and Paul is 100% non globalist. The GOP party of rhinos are so together on issues that you can't see real emotion of opposition in debates. By the way, Perry was so angry when a certain conservative judge got elected in Texas, that he launched ro bo calls in his voice to the public and got this judge ousted from office. Judge was a real conservative, Perry didn't like that.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:46 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,885,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you guys are all watching Tonya, the body language gal too much!!!!

Nita

um, yea - no.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Rand Paul is on TV and was just asked about the picture. He said he talked to his dad today, and that Ron said he and Perry were having a friendly exchange in the picture. So there you go.
Hmmm, Paul is such a gentleman, we shall see whether Paul stops exposing Perry's actions in ads and other venues. That will be telling. Hope Paul comes out that he tried to get Perry investigated for Bilderberg meetings, that is really the key to Perry and rest of the Rhinos.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh, I think Ron Paul can stand his ground and he doesn't look the least bit frightened or intimidated. Can't tell a lot from the photos, but it looks like Paul is handling it by being cool. As for what he and his son told the press about it being nothing - well, even if he did feel intimidated, no way in hell would a presidential candidate ever complain that another candidate was intimidating him! That would be the death knell. Too bad Perry doesn't have more self control, though. That's concerning. I don't like men who can't control their passions.

I agree completely. Paul is patient and listening, an example of true mental maturity. Won't vote for intimidating bully Perry. Not just this but his getting rid of conservative judge who he didn't suport in election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections