Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Down here Texas way, we been seein' Perry's ugly side for awhile, now.

Time for the rest of the states to catch up.
The Perry lovers agree with his policies and ideas, so yes they will back him all the way to the bitter end, which is what they will get if they trot Perry out as the alternative. Unbelieveable that anyone would want this snakeoil salesman running this Great Nation, but then again there is no shortage of stupid when it comes to some voting blocks.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 11:56 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
In denial a bit? If you even addressed one of the issues that prove what a corporate w-**** and radical right winger Perry is, your posts would have some credibility, but when you chalk everything up to political bias, you do nothing for your cause and only prove your own partisanship and your total lack of voting the issues as opposed to a party line candidate.

Again, did you even address and debate one issue where Perry is proven to be a bad candidate...no you didn't. Which proves the point that I made in the OP. Thank you.

The same could be said of those that supported Obama and still do. The more that was brought out about the true candidate Obama and how far to the left he actually was, the better he did with his supporters. This election might shape up the same, just in the other direction.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The same could be said of those that supported Obama and still do. The more that was brought out about the true candidate Obama and how far to the left he actually was, the better he did with his supporters. This election might shape up the same, just in the other direction.
By the right wing fundamentalists, I must help you add. But this is about Perry and his disgusting behavior. I see you condone such action because he is your kind of politician.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM

20,478 posts, read 12,402,260 times
Well since that pile of vomit Hightower said Perry is bad, I am going to have to vote for Rick Perry.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:07 PM

105 posts, read 188,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I prefer President Obama's failures to any Republican's Theoracracy.

But...but...but..I thought President Obama had no failures???????

Yes, please be more specific about his failures.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Well since that pile of vomit Hightower said Perry is bad, I am going to have to vote for Rick Perry.
Such Deep thinking, exactly what many of us have come to expect from the far right these days, thanks for not failing to provide more of the same.
Casper

Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,842,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Such Deep thinking, exactly what many of us have come to expect from the far right these days, thanks for not failing to provide more of the same.
Casper
Thinking is unnecessary for those whose choices depend on others' opinion.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
Casper, I have been around Texas since the mid 80s. I know Mr. Hightower by his work. Why does one need to "think deep" when it comes to something you know, and have known for the better part of 25 years?

Unless of course we are using the term "Deep thinking" as code words for "they arent liberal so they are stupid"?

Is that what we are doing?

Mr. Hightower is a known quantity in Texas. He is kind of like Blue Bell Ice Cream in the since that we all know what he is. the difference is he is full of a very different bovine by-product.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Thinking is unnecessary for those whose choices depend on others' opinion.
LOL so now i am just an idiot who depends on others opinion? Unlike the OP who just provided a link to some rant by Jim Hightower a known Texas Prog ranter...

Yea that's it. Im just living on others opinions. I dont actually live in Texas. I have not been here since highschool. Im not raising kids down here in Texas...

NOOOO Im just some dumb southerner clinging to my AK-47 and while thumping my bible and listening to the radio for my marching orders.

real bright there Einstein.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:58 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You totally invalidate your post with this ridiculous remark. Obama has lost support with factions of his base for his moving way too far right to appease the radical right wing.

He would have allowed "The Bush Tax Cuts for The Rich" to expire and he would have pushed harder for "The Public Option", among other things, if he was "far to the left". Anyone that is not as radical and religion based as people like Perry are considered too far left by the wingnuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections