Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:20 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Republicans get a two’fer with him. One, they get one of the furthest-out of the far-out tea party right-wingers, sort of a Michele Bachmann with better hair. And also though, they get the real Perry, which is the exuberant, corporate Republican who never met a corporate lobbyist he wouldn’t hug as long as that lobbyist had a campaign check and a wish list.
Hightower: There’s a ‘very ugly side’ to Rick Perry*|*Raw Replay

What I find amusing is that the more negative the facts are that emerge about Perry, the more that the right wing extremists will adore him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:21 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Come on, an article from Hightower? How much trolling are you going to do about Perry?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
oh so he loves lobbyists as much as obama

Old 09-08-2011, 08:32 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Hightower: There’s a ‘very ugly side’ to Rick Perry*|*Raw Replay

What I find amusing is that the more negative the facts are that emerge about Perry, the more that the right wing extremists will adore him.
There's nothing of substance there. Nothing.

And your statement about right wing people adoring him despite negative facts more describes liberals.

You guys defend Anothony Weiner, tax cheat Conyers, Bill Clinton, Hoffa, tax cheat Geithner, etc.

HW Bush lied about no new taxes and he was toast, Gingrich was removed, Larry Craig was removed - the right polices itself way more than the left.

The left usually waits for polling data before it removes someone in office. The right knows that their people won't stand for bad actions (in most cases, not all).

Old 09-08-2011, 08:46 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
“They say the higher the monkey climbs, the more you see its ugly side,” Hightower said. “Well, Perry’s got a very ugly side. He’s going to get the kind of media scrutiny that he’s not had.”

I am not a Perry fan, but the above quote (including the media scrutiny thing) would certainly have had the left (including Matthews) screaming if made about BHO.

Too much....this will be a really entertaining election.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There's nothing of substance there. Nothing.

And your statement about right wing people adoring him despite negative facts more describes liberals.

You guys defend Anothony Weiner, tax cheat Conyers, Bill Clinton, Hoffa, tax cheat Geithner, etc.

HW Bush lied about no new taxes and he was toast, Gingrich was removed, Larry Craig was removed - the right polices itself way more than the left.

The left usually waits for polling data before it removes someone in office. The right knows that their people won't stand for bad actions (in most cases, not all).
Speaking of "substance", how about a substance referred to as Toxic Waste???

Montecito’s Toxic-Waste King
Harold Simmons’s Campaign Contributions Bought Radioactive Waste-Dumping License from Presidential Hopeful Rick Perry

Montecito’s Toxic-Waste King
Harold Simmons’s Campaign Contributions Bought Radioactive Waste-Dumping License from Presidential Hopeful Rick Perry

The Santa Barbara Independent Montecito's Toxic-Waste King

You must be joking about the right and its intolerance for wrong doing. Do I really need to provide those links and facts? Give me a break!

Old 09-08-2011, 09:22 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
I know the neo-progressives get into a fantasy circle jerk with the idea that the Republican party is going to be fractured if we bring up Paul v. Perry arguments, but if I were a neo-progressive, I would be more worried about the libs staying home next November.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
but if I were a neo-progressive, I would be more worried about the libs staying home next November.
The left will keep slugging with all the silliness and outrage they can, but despite how the media likes to portray it, the GOP has developed a very interesting and experienced pool of talent running for president.

And without even a primary challenge, the Democrats are running a man who failed miserably for four years.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:27 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Talking There’s a ‘very ugly side’ to Rick Perry

Down here Texas way, we been seein' Perry's ugly side for awhile, now.

Time for the rest of the states to catch up.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I prefer President Obama's failures to any Republican's Theoracracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections