Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I'm assuming everyone has seen O'Reilly's show and know what he does to guests he doesn't agree with....

He twists their words and badgers them with statements about them that aren't true. Most importantly though, Bill O'Reilly interrupts you and does not let you speak. He asks a question that is lopsided, looks for something in your words to spin even more from the truth, and if he doesn't get that he interrupts you and changes the topic.

He's a terrible person to have a conversation with, and if you're trying to get a message out during a campaign, O'Reilly is just a waste of your time because he will not let you say anything.
not a waste of my time cause he never asks me anything. SOrry, I couldn't resist that one.

Seriously, I know what you are saying, but I really don't think he is all that bad. Did you see him either time he interviewed Obama? He was very fair, but yes, he does want answers. He will not stop harping if the person he is interviewing hedges at all. Am I a lover of O'Reilly? No, I wish Laura Ingram would replace him, I still don't think it would hurt Paul to appear on O'Reilly
's show. Of course this is a moot point cause it isn't going to happen. All we are doing now is argueing about O"Reilly...It is amazing how so many times we get off the subject. I know what we are discussing isn't totally off subject but it is heading that way.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 02:30 PM

14,532 posts, read 11,359,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
He's not a coward, he's smart. There is nothing in it for him except making Billo look like an idiot and that's been done umpteen time already. Do you think Billo fans are going to vote for him if he made their hero look like an AZZHAT.
Yes. Even O'Reilly would respect him for making him look foolish, but that is not what would happen.

Ron Paul says a lot of great things, virtually none of which will get him elected.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:08 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,277,688 times
What is with this high school dweeb "reporter" O'Reilly sent up to New Hampshire to talk to Dr. Paul?
O'Reilly needs to stick to doing puff pieces for the Romney/Perry types.
Oh, and calling those 900 numbers. "Oh, Bill, you're the biggest and the best". $5.99 a minute.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,990,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
I got chills when I saw this live
Yes, you have to love him for this.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:51 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
I know some who feel that he should. If he is so sure about himself, that he would hold his own with Bill, and some feel that he should.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:36 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know some who feel that he should. If he is so sure about himself, that he would hold his own with Bill, and some feel that he should.
wanted to rep you but couldn't. that is my feeling exactly.

Nita

Old 09-09-2011, 05:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wanted to rep you but couldn't. that is my feeling exactly.

Nita
Exactly so many i know who like Paul or don't feel that he should. Hek if your that sure of yourself as a Poltician, why not go on the show and prove Bill wrong. What a show, if Paul stood up to Bill, would that not be good for Paul at this stage of the game.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:09 AM

313 posts, read 836,536 times
He has been on his show before. He was talked over and interrupted throughout the interview. Why should he want to go back? O'Reilly is a neocon. There is no reason for Ron Paul to waste his time that he can use to go on shows where the host is respectful.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,941,632 times
His refusal to go on OR confirmed my suspicions, Ron Paul is a complete nut job who is unelectable. Getting behind him is a waste of energy. He has NO chance..!

Old 09-10-2011, 06:34 AM

250 posts, read 414,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is great, even Paul knows O'Reilly and Fox are just a bunch of trash

RON PAUL SLAMS BILL O'REILLY! "He's Not REALLY A Journalist" COMEDY GOLD! - YouTube

Yeah, well America must love trash because O'Reilly is still #1 in all news media
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections