Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Take a gander what Galveston Texas, did with Social Security and how that is working for them! I say the Ponzi Scheme gets eliminated, too.

Those that are employed, have no choice but to be robbed by the Federal Government.
Me being self employed, I have never paid into SS, except when I flipped burgers after school, in high school, but I have a retirement fund, that will pay 8 times more than SS would have paid me, had I been an employee and a slave to our federal government.

Galveston might be the success story, but three other counties in the state have been failures with this.
Self-employed people still pay social security tax if they have net earnings so unless you didn't ever make any money, how did you not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 05:24 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
When Perry states that SS is a Ponzy scheme, he is correct. Personally I am a Herman Cain supporter, but would I vote for Perry over the current resident of the white house. You dang right I would.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Galveston might be the success story, but three other counties in the state have been failures with this.
Self-employed people still pay social security tax if they have net earnings so unless you didn't ever make any money, how did you not?

Because I opt out and don't pay it.

My employer(Me) is not forced to take it out of my pay.

The Government can't force me to pay it, unlike income tax.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 PM

Perry has taken Ron Paul's stance on many things now, but there is only one true Constitutional Conservative running in this race to be the Republican nominee.

Ron Paul thinks it is a Ponzi Scheme too.

What is his saying?
The Federal Government hates thieves . They hate the competition.

Something like that.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:28 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,034,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you find it amazing that those who are anti Perry or Paul or anyone else seem to spend hours a day looking for negative stories about these candidates instead of finding positive ones about those they support?

NIta
How many times have the far righters (mostly the tea party types) with 15k-30k+ posts have posted stories from their personal examiner blog, blogspot, or some random republican site that no one has heard about, posted some anti Obama thread?
yep That happens daily.

But hey if you want to turn blind and ignore that...that's your choice...Anybody else take a take a look at the politics forum.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:29 PM

22,265 posts, read 19,585,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Do you find it amazing that those who are anti Perry or Paul or anyone else seem to spend hours a day looking for negative stories about these candidates instead of finding positive ones about those they support?

NIta
It doesn't exactly take much investigating to see what Rick Perry has said about social security considering he calls it a ponzi scheme and continues to boast about that. Now do you think Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme?? Do you believe Social Security and Bernie Madoff are the same thing??

I really am surprised you are supporting someone like Rick Perry. You have stated on multiple occasions you aren't fond of the gay bashing,, you aren't fond of the hard core social conservatives or the wearing religion on your sleeve type of stuff some candidates do, but you go ahead and support someone who is about as hardcore socially conservative and religious sleeve wearing as it can possibly get, someone who not only gay bashes, but believes gays having sex in the privacy of their own home should be jailed.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It doesn't exactly take much investigating to see what Rick Perry has said about social security considering he calls it a ponzi scheme and continues to boast about that. Now do you think Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme?? Do you believe Social Security and Bernie Madoff are the same thing??

I really am surprised you are supporting someone like Rick Perry. You have stated on multiple occasions you aren't fond of the gay bashing,, you aren't fond of the hard core social conservatives or the wearing religion on your sleeve type of stuff some candidates do, but you go ahead and support someone who is about as hardcore socially conservative and religious sleeve wearing as it can possibly get, someone who not only gay bashes, but believes gays having sex in the privacy of their own home should be jailed.
Well...at least Perry got something right!

But, he's DANGEROUS for America. Like liar...dubya bush was.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Well...at least Perry got something right!

But, he's DANGEROUS for America. Like liar...dubya bush was.

He is a Neocon, illegal alien pandering, Globalist, that is using the words of Ron Paul as his own, to win votes.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:53 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,353,135 times
It's funny to watch the tea baggers get so giddy over Rick Perry. They think that because he's from the Lone Star state that he's going to help them reclaim the WH. Newsflash: you've already got Texas, republitards. It's Florida and Ohio that you guys need, and I think the tea party talk is probably scaring the hell out of even the more moderate voters in those two states.

I'm an Obama supporter and even I can see quite clearly that he's beatable. All the GOP would need to do is to put someone out there with just a shred of intelligence out there. Mitt Romney ought to do the trick. Problem is, I think the right wing nutjobs have taken the party over. They're driving the party over the cliff.

Works for me. Perry for GOP nominee in 2012!!!

Old 09-10-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post

Taking from Peter, to pay Paul.

Our government says that is illegal.

Yet the government has a boot on the throats of the tax paying citizens, to do exactly the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections