Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 09:56 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,518,483 times

Advertisements

change.

Why Ron Paul scares Rick Perry - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Brent Budowsky in this article in "The Hill" says he totally disagrees with the MSM. He not only thinks Perry IS afraid of Ron Paul but that he SHOULD BE afraid of him. Furthermore, he doesn't think Romney will end up benefiting from this AND he thinks Perry will self-destruct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,924,500 times
Rick Perry doesn't have to worry about Paul. With God and Corporate Masters, he has pretty much covered it all. His greatest challenge comes from likes of Romney, who might benefit from the "race to the bottom driven" Bachman and Santorum.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,040,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Rick Perry doesn't have to worry about Paul. With God and Corporate Masters, he has pretty much covered it all. His greatest challenge comes from likes of Romney, who might benefit from the "race to the bottom driven" Bachman and Santorum.
I definitely think that, unlike what the MSM pundits say, the race really is between Rick Perry and Ron Paul. I don't think Romney is gonna do well in this climate for being too moderate (and he's not the Bilderberger favorite), and both of them are trying to sneak in Ron Paul talking points. Bachmann is gonna fizzle out and is doing so, Santorum was never a factor at all so I'm wondering why you even mention him at all. The guy has support in the single digits, compared to Ron Paul's double digits.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,924,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I definitely think that, unlike what the MSM pundits say, the race really is between Rick Perry and Ron Paul. I don't think Romney is gonna do well in this climate for being too moderate (and he's not the Bilderberger favorite), and both of them are trying to sneak in Ron Paul talking points. Bachmann is gonna fizzle out and is doing so, Santorum was never a factor at all so I'm wondering why you even mention him at all. The guy has support in the single digits, compared to Ron Paul's double digits.
Bachman and Santorum have no chance, and I'm sure they know it. This means that they will not shy away from being themselves, going extreme with attacking whoever is ahead (or two of them). While Perry and Romney will continue to play Obama card, Bachman and Santorum will focus on the two, and especially Perry since he can be an easy target and is likely to be in lead. It is why I said, "race to the bottom".

As for Ron Paul, I think they know he won't have the republican popular support.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yes and before the debates, Ron Paul was in 3rd place nationally . Perry who was in first, must have lost some support after his performance. Also Perry and Romney were given by far the most amount of time anywhere form 3 to 8 minutes more than the others got.

I guess it is good for the others for Perry to get a lot of time since he seems to use it to stick his foot in his mouth.

Talking Time (mm:ss):
Perry 13:54
Mitt 10:56
Ron Paul 07:34
Bachmann 08:35
Newt 07:32
Cain 05:42
Santorum 07:06
Huntsman 07:50
Total 1:09:09

Stats for CNN Teaparty Debate 9/12/2011 | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/178357/cnn-teaparty-debate-9-12-2011-statistics - broken link)

Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,554,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
change.

Why Ron Paul scares Rick Perry - The Hill's Pundits Blog

Brent Budowsky in this article in "The Hill" says he totally disagrees with the MSM. He not only thinks Perry IS afraid of Ron Paul but that he SHOULD BE afraid of him. Furthermore, he doesn't think Romney will end up benefiting from this AND he thinks Perry will self-destruct.
Perry is not worried by paul at all. Bush 2.0 has it in the bag.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Here's another article about the same thing:

Paul Gets Under Perry’s Skin |* |* Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/09/13/paul-gets-under-perrys-skin/ - broken link)

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011...le-rick-perry/

Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM

We've reached the tipping point folks! I think Ron Paul has endured and not only survived but come out smelling like a rose on a LOT of issues. Now it isn't just Perry but it is all the other GOP candidates who a

re afraid of Ron Paul. It isn't surprising though is it? He is on the right side of all the issues.

There is plenty of time left to explain to those slow on the uptake out there who still don't get what his positions are so they will understand and agree..

Watch out, good things could actually be in store for our country like we've NEVER seen in our lifetimes! Would that be so hard to take --- except for the neo-con and neo-lib gluttons for punishment?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/08/gop-operatives-fear-lasting-ron-paul-problem (broken link)

http://www.nhinsider.com/richard-bar...-ron-paul.html
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...during-debate/

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ti...fear-ron-paul/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections