Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2012, 01:34 PM

730 posts, read 827,729 times

Advertisements

not ron paul, but this is a good interview that goes into detail about the root causes of the perceived threat with Iran:

Stephen Kinzer on US-Iran relations-1/3 - YouTube

Stephen Kinzer on US-Iran relations-2/3 - YouTube

Stephen Kinzer on US-Iran relations-3/3 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:20 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If agents of the gov't control our media, I don't know why it would be a stretch that they also use psyops online, to control the dialogue, of course they do. That's one of the reasons they hate alternative sites like Alex Jones, they can't control him, so they try to discredit him.

PROOF that CNN is a CONTROLLED BY PENTAGON, a PSYOP for CIA, PROPAGANDA, Wikileaks Video

» Pentagon Expands Propaganda Reach With Foreign “News” Websites Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Propaganda techniques - SourceWatch
Well I can tell you the state newspapers can be pretty guilty as well. I know for a fact that no newspapers in SC reported on the President signing the NDAA on New Years Eve as I went to the library and checked. The papers in the NE at least had something about it. I didn't check the whole country. One thing I did check is that the Post and Courier that is Charleston's (or the Low Country's) paper hasn't mentioned the NDAA since 2005. So we are being kept blissfully ignorant here in SC which might explain Gingrich's surge. Thanks heavens in the northern part of the state people know about Ron Paul. Too bad Jack Hunter's clout, considering he is from the Low Countru, doesn't carry more weight here. Perhaps he's seen as the kid with kooky ideas the way the MSM likes to spin Paul.

In the bookstore today, I did skim Sen. DeMint's book NOW OR NEVER that is just out and heard him on a Hannity rerun talking about the book and he thinks that if the American people don't get their act together by this election and vote in new blood in Congress and especially the Senate as well as a President who will do the RIGHT thing NOT the "status quo" thing, it may be too late.

Last edited by emilybh; 01-15-2012 at 04:29 PM..

Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Ron Paul supporter asks Mitt Romney some questions at Huckabee forum

This is pretty revealing. Judging by the applause at the comments made by the questioner saying he is more for Ron Paul (and half the audience claps), I'd say Romney wasn't doing so well with his flip flopped answers.

Mitt Romney Fails To Sway Ron Paul Supporter At Huckabee Forum - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_chalk View Post
I read faster than most people talk.

EDIT: Also, I like to listen to music and audio interferes with that.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:01 PM

I guess this cartoon debate just about nails it. Diane Sawyer tells Ron Paul, "Being Mainstream is more important than making sense".

Ron Paul Foreign Policy Vs Romney, Santorum - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM

This intelligence military officer who debated RP on Stossel's show thinks RP has the most realistic and accurate policy going forward on Iran.

Intelligence Officer: Ron Paul Is Right on Iran - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 PM

Confirmation of Ron Paul's surge in SC posted yesterday/

Ron Paul and Unelectable Mitt - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM

The latest on the race in SC

South Carolina Vote Fraud Ron Paul - YouTube

Old 01-15-2012, 06:21 PM

The MSM can no longer deny the Ron Paul phenomenon. Some recent comments about it:

....Fast forward a month and a funny thing is happening on the way to South Carolina. In the wake of his third-place in Iowa and significantly more impressive second-place finish in New Hampshire — kooky Ron Paul is beginning to matter.....
Jeff Creem, 44, spent 14 hours holding his Ron Paul sign outside a polling station in Nashua — all on the merits of Paul’s opposition to the Patriot Act and other post-9/11 legislation that encroaches on civil liberties. “It disgusts me that all the other candidates will talk about the Constitution but when it’s inconvenient they will toss it aside and make laws that go against it. Ron Paul may not be polished but he is real. I trust him. And I’m going all out to help.”

...............Paul’s followers say they sense in their candidate a guileless humility absent from the rest of the slate. He’s quirky but he’s real. Not bought and paid for. The little guy, literally and figuratively, in a roster otherwise inauthentic — and none more so than that fee-fi-faux-fum giant of a front-runner, Mitt Romney.
“The freedom Ron Paul stands for is coming again. It might happen in this election cycle, it might happen in the next one. But sooner or later, it’s going to happen,” said Leah Wolczko, 45, an unemployed schoolteacher from Manchester, N.H.

“What Ron Paul started is not going to go away. Republicans are in the midst of deciding what the GOP really is. He’s the only one standing on principles. And those principles are going to outlive Ron Paul. We’re going to make sure of it.”

Paul’s followers say they sense in their candidate a guileless humility absent from the rest of the slate. He’s quirky but he’s real. Not bought and paid for. The little guy, literally and figuratively, in a roster otherwise inauthentic — and none more so than that fee-fi-faux-fum giant of a front-runner, Mitt Romney.

“The freedom Ron Paul stands for is coming again. It might happen in this election cycle, it might happen in the next one. But sooner or later, it’s going to happen,” said Leah Wolczko, 45, an unemployed schoolteacher from Manchester, N.H.
“What Ron Paul started is not going to go away. Republicans are in the midst of deciding what the GOP really is. He’s the only one standing on principles. And those principles are going to outlive Ron Paul. We’re going to make sure of it.”

World News: Ron Paul: 2012 witnessing the rise of a guru to the downwardly mobile - thestar.com

Old 01-15-2012, 06:42 PM

These won't be edifying enough for slackjaw but the rest of you might like them. They are two new Ron Paul songs .., one sung by someone that sounds like Frank Sinatra.

Ron Paul is SURGING! Moneybomb for a SURPRISE VICTORY in South Carolina! - YouTube

May Palmer, The Queen of Ivory Soul Sings: "We Want Ron Paul" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections