Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 10:31 PM

37,847 posts, read 41,209,489 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry has a new video out (President Zero is what it is commonly called but it is not the actual title of the video) that is getting acclaim for the evocative artistry of the video. It has an apocalyptic look (washed out color) to it. It was made by a 23 year old, Lucas Baiano, a person who also produced a Pawlenty video. I think more people will be talking about Baiano's video for Perry than Pawlenty's endorsement of Romney (and Pawlenty would have been my second choice).

To see the video:-

Rick Perry - Proven Leadership - YouTube

What do you think of it as a video?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Rick Perry has a new video out (President Zero is what it is commonly called but it is not the actual title of the video) that is getting acclaim for the evocative artistry of the video. It has an apocalyptic look (washed out color) to it. It was made by a 23 year old, Lucas Baiano, a person who also produced a Pawlenty video. I think more people will be talking about Baiano's video for Perry than Pawlenty's endorsement of Romney (and Pawlenty would have been my second choice).

To see the video:-

Rick Perry - Proven Leadership - YouTube

What do you think of it as a video?
as long as it says at the bottom, paid for my the Perry campaign. or I am Perry and I approve this message it is great..The ones I have a problem with are those YouTubes that could be produced by almost anyone.

As for endorsements, I pay very little attention to them. They are good for one thing, bragging rights, but I don't think many of us pay much attention to who is endorsing who.

NIta

Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times
Great video. I wish I could trust Perry, but I have my doubts.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:56 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times
This is a TV ad not just a video on YouTube. Or, is it a professionally produced video just for YouTube.

The problem with it is, besides it noting Obama has had zero results. It mentions zero of Perry's accomplishments for his so called "proven leadership" It also is VERY MISLEADING where it says he has "Served for Freedom"! He never served in the military, did he?.

What so called "FREEDOM" has Rick Perry served for. It certainly wasn't for parents right to choose whether their daughters were vaccinated with a toxic substance known to cause mental and nervous disorders. That was a MANDATE BY THE GOVERNMENT -- HARDLY any "freedom" there. You had to go to the trouble to OPT OUT to protect your children from that.

It would be a good lead in for a Ron Paul TV commercial where at the end the proven experience is actually listed (not just the words "Proven experience" like we see here.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:54 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
as long as it says at the bottom, paid for my the Perry campaign. or I am Perry and I approve this message it is great..The ones I have a problem with are those YouTubes that could be produced by almost anyone.

As for endorsements, I pay very little attention to them. They are good for one thing, bragging rights, but I don't think many of us pay much attention to who is endorsing who.

NIta

I tend to agree about endorsements. Sometimes they are helpful in some states, but sometime they are really more hurtful than helpful. Al Gore's endorsement always means you'll lose in Tennesse which is his home state.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is a TV ad not just a video on YouTube. Or, is it a professionally produced video just for YouTube.

The problem with it is, besides it noting Obama has had zero results. It mentions zero of Perry's accomplishments for his so called "proven leadership" It also is VERY MISLEADING where it says he has "Served for Freedom"! He never served in the military, did he?.

What so called "FREEDOM" has Rick Perry served for. It certainly wasn't for parents right to choose whether their daughters were vaccinated with a toxic substance known to cause mental and nervous disorders. That was a MANDATE BY THE GOVERNMENT -- HARDLY any "freedom" there. You had to go to the trouble to OPT OUT to protect your children from that.

It would be a good lead in for a Ron Paul TV commercial where at the end the proven experience is actually listed (not just the words "Proven experience" like we see here.

Perry was a pilot in the airforce and earned the rank of captain. Didn't they show him in his uniform in that commercial? Now that would be a big stretch if he was never officially in a uniform and they showed him wearing one...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections