Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times

Advertisements

PRINCETON, NJ -- More registered voters say they would definitely vote for Mitt Romney or might consider doing so (62%) than say the same about his two main rivals in the 2012 presidential election, Democrat Barack Obama (54%) and Republican Rick Perry (53%).

More Voters Considering Romney Than Obama, Perry

People are watching their homes fall in value, co-workers dismissed, jobs dry up around the country. There is fear out there and Obama wants to demonize the rich and raise their taxes. People don't care, they want solutions, not ideology, and IMO they are going to start looking harder and more favorably at Romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 10:37 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
And what solutions has Romney offered?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:54 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
romney hasnt opened his mouth yet, so of course he'll be the most favorable.

i dont mind romney though.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:03 PM

498 posts, read 1,456,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
And what solutions has Romney offered?
He released a 59-point economic plan a few weeks ago, for starters. I guess you missed it.

I'm not confident anything he tries to do will solve anything. But he's a smart guy and has some good ideas. I don't see what the point is of continuing the status quo when it has clearly screwed us over the past 5 years.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Romney has offered more in the way of solid plans than anyone from what I have seen. He released his jobs plan before the actual President did and it made far more sense.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamborgotti View Post
He released a 59-point economic plan a few weeks ago, for starters. I guess you missed it.

I'm not confident anything he tries to do will solve anything. But he's a smart guy and has some good ideas. I don't see what the point is of continuing the status quo when it has clearly screwed us over the past 5 years.
romney is the status quo, thats the problem.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I know this next time around, is very important, for all of us. We need to weigh our options so very carefully. I am so afriad from Obama, you will get pretty much the same. And can we afford another 4 yrs of negative, downhill sliding down the river economy. And his politics.
I do not like where we are as a Nation right now, i know we can do better then this. I know too many People who for whatever reason they have, feel that Obama is keeping us down, and that is their right also.

Where is the improvement. Do not vote based on the color of one's skin that will get you absolutely nowhere my friend, or religion, but ones point of view, his stance on the most important issues this Country faces, and how they each will get us as a economy booming and thriving once again.

Having a good structural business sense, cannot possibly hurt the next candidate running for President, infact that should be needed, with this economy, someone that will know how to get us out, but also act on that issue and not just talk about it. Talk is cheap, we need action.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know this next time around, is very important, for all of us. We need to weigh our options so very carefully. I am so afriad from Obama, you will get pretty much the same. And can we afford another 4 yrs of negative, downhill sliding down the river economy. And his politics.
I do not like where we are as a Nation right now, i know we can do better then this. I know too many People who for whatever reason they have, feel that Obama is keeping us down, and that is their right also.

Where is the improvement. Do not vote based on the color of one's skin that will get you absolutely nowhere my friend, or religion, but ones point of view, his stance on the most important issues this Country faces, and how they each will get us as a economy booming and thriving once again.

Having a good structural business sense, cannot possibly hurt the next candidate running for President, infact that should be needed, with this economy, someone that will know how to get us out, but also act on that issue and not just talk about it. Talk is cheap, we need action.

so more status quo then.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:02 PM

498 posts, read 1,456,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
so more status quo then.
Why don't you actually look at his jobs plan?

Old 09-22-2011, 06:26 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Every time Perry opens his mouth, Romneys gap over Obama vs Perry, the TP lune, widens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections