Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times

Advertisements

I guess it means that the republicans in Florida think Perry sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 10:11 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,063,784 times
<This weeks popular GOP loon bag> for president! Don't mind <last weeks GOP loon bag> didn't make it.

<This weeks GOP loon bag> all the way!

Never mind Cain has never held a political office, ever. Even Palin has more experience then he does and she didn't even make it one term as governor.

I don't see why people who hate the fed like him, as he chaired the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank at one time.

Then commodity speculating at Aquila, where he settled out of court for $10.5 million for utilizing the employees pension funds to do it. Classy guy.

I hope he makes it, he would be amusing to watch circle down in flames and crash during a real election.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:37 PM

898 posts, read 828,536 times
Very good, only took five posts for the hatefest from the left to begin.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:44 PM

948 posts, read 1,387,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
Very good, only took five posts for the hatefest from the left to begin.
Thay have to. If Cain were to win the nomination the left would not have the race card in the deck.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:33 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,461,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Those old white Tea Party people cast a vote for a black man?! No way!
I know I thought they were racist!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,768,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Not a surprise, really. But probably means nothing.

Right?
Isn't he just what conservatives are saying Obama is? Yet another rhetorically strong black guy (or so it seems) without much leadership experience? I mean, Washington and politics in general do not work like a fast food business

Still, I think he might well become the Republican candidate. He won the straw poll with quite a margin. And let's be honest, looks play a big role today thanks to TV and other media. Most of the other candidates look old, worn-out, slimy, physically weak or weird, appear cold, have unpleasant voices, or are otherwise not appealing to at least a considerable part of the population...

Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Isn't he just what conservatives are saying Obama is? Yet another rhetorically strong black guy (or so it seems) without much leadership experience? I mean, Washington and politics in general do not work like a fast food business

Still, I think he might well become the Republican candidate. He won the straw poll with quite a margin. And let's be honest, looks play a big role today thanks to TV and other media. Most of the other candidates look old, worn-out, slimy, physically weak or weird, appear cold, have unpleasant voices, or are otherwise not appealing to at least a considerable part of the population...
Agreed. And unlike Obama, Cain has never been elected to any office whatsoever. He couldn't even win the senatorial primary in Georgia. He has no real idea how government works. He'll find out it's much different than running a pizza parlor chain.

Herman Cain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-25-2011, 07:00 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Agreed. And unlike Obama, Cain has never been elected to any office whatsoever. He couldn't even win the senatorial primary in Georgia. He has no real idea how government works. He'll find out it's much different than running a pizza parlor chain.

lol

Old 09-25-2011, 07:01 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Cain would be ok to put on the ticket as VP for some symbolic reason, but he would be a net zero asset when it comes to actually governing.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
He's a little cheeky, too, if you ask me. Never held elective office and he wants to be pres? Try for state senator, Mr. Cain. You might learn it's not so easy as it looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections