Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
The implosion of Rick Perry’s presidential campaign has opened the door for Congressman Ron Paul to move up into second place and go head to head with Mitt Romney – that’s the prediction from The Hill, one of Washington’s most respected political newspapers.

» The Hill: Perry To Drop Out, Ron Paul To Be Romney’s Rival Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Hey HC. It seems this is a duplicate thread. I started the same one linking to the primary sources and hour before this one launched.

The Hill: When Perry Drops out Ron Paul could be in second place
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 05:35 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
I also thought Perry would fall apart because his lack of speaking presence.
But, if that were the only criterion, Gingrich should be way ahead of the pack.
Cain is going to be up there for a while and may get the nod.
I don't want Christie to run, but, being the blowhard that he is, his campaign would have some legs.
I'd like to see Bob McDonnell get in the race. VA is doing better than other states.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,049,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I also thought Perry would fall apart because his lack of speaking presence.
But, if that were the only criterion, Gingrich should be way ahead of the pack.
Cain is going to be up there for a while and may get the nod.
I don't want Christie to run, but, being the blowhard that he is, his campaign would have some legs.
I'd like to see Bob McDonnell get in the race. VA is doing better than other states.
Cain has some good points... but he will be exposed as the Bilderberger that he is...

Old 09-26-2011, 05:45 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Moderator: As you can see, this duplicate thread was copied an hour later here at this URL:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-ron-paul.html

Can you move the posts from the above immitated (whether intentional or not) over here beneath the ones here?

Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Cain has some good points... but he will be exposed as the Bilderberger that he is...
I thought pretty much everyone in politics winds up a Bilderberger, Trilateral Commission member, and other pointy-hatted club invitee.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,773,321 times
I agree with a post stating that Perry threw up on himself in the fox/ google debate. Even I might slur words from speaking quickly in instances but not on natinoal television.I was just surprised when I saw Perry mix up words; especially when he was speaking to Romney. He just doesn't seem that comfortable being televised.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
I'm hardly a Perry fan, but the race has only started and people are writing him off all ready. Lets wait and see how it goes.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofseasons View Post
I agree with a post stating that Perry threw up on himself in the fox/ google debate. Even I might slur words from speaking quickly in instances but not on natinoal television.I was just surprised when I saw Perry mix up words; especially when he was speaking to Romney. He just doesn't seem that comfortable being televised.

He is not quick witted and he is not comfortable being put on the spot. This is good preparation for the general election, because if you can't hold up for these debates, there is no way you can get through one with the democrats throwing at you.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'm hardly a Perry fan, but the race has only started and people are writing him off all ready. Lets wait and see how it goes.

I am not a fan either, but I agree. All of these fickle people are really amusing. They fall in love the first time a name is mentioned, without even knowing anything about these people. Then when they are not exactly the perfect candidate, they want to kick them to the curb and go find a new hero. Now they are going to put poor Chris Christie out there. Sheesh...that might not be pretty either. I hope he is smart enough to not let them do that to him. He is not ready.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:15 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post

OK, We'll give him till sundown tomorrow, to pack his bags, an git outta Dodge!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections