Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Simple, he's not Barack Obama. Any questions?
Yes, many. Typically Ron Paul fans are smart enough to see through the false (R)/(D) divide. They are not usually "anyone but Obama" types. So I don't think the fact that Herman Cain is "not Obama" would have any bearing on a Ron Paul supporter.

Also, how different do you think the country would be under say Mitt Romney than Barack Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Yes, many. Typically Ron Paul fans are smart enough to see through the false (R)/(D) divide. They are not usually "anyone but Obama" types. So I don't think the fact that Herman Cain is "not Obama" would have any bearing on a Ron Paul supporter.

Also, how different do you think the country would be under say Mitt Romney than Barack Obama?
Well it's quite simple really. When you go to a typical voting booth, you usually have a finite list of candidates to choose from, the last time I went there. So hypothetically if the choices are:

1) Barack Obama - D
2) Herman Cain - R
3) typical random Libertarians or Communist party candidates

I absolute know already what I'll get if I vote Obama, so I'm pretty sure I'm choosing Cain over Obama. Does that help?

Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let me amend my earlier statement to say that neither Dr Paul nor Mr Cain will even get serious consideration for the VP post.
Dr Paul wouldn't consider it anyway unless it was to run with someone who agreed with him on all the important issues.

Since you have your crystal ball out, who do you think is more qualified and has the money and the support to go the distance?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,984,040 times
Quote:
Well it's quite simple really. When you go to a typical voting booth, you usually have a finite list of candidates to choose from, the last time I went there. So hypothetically if the choices are:

1) Barack Obama - D
2) Herman Cain - R

I absolute know already what I'll get if I vote Obama, so I'm pretty sure I'm choosing Cain over Obama. Does that help?
I guess you're under some illusion that a Cain Presidency would be vastly different than Obama's. But the guy's a FED insider, bailout supporting, MIC supporting bankster. He's not looking out of the nation.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:24 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Neither will be at the finish

If your hopes are on these two, then the GOP is in dire straits. Paul is in severe decline. Even the media is trying to save him the embarrassment by ignoring him. He's a lunatic, still around only because the field is historically weak. Matched up against the other candidates, he looks like he lives among the walking dead.

Cain puts up a good front, but people support him temporarily as a protest vote. Hard to see how he prevails as the representative of a party comprised of a large majority of people who opposed Obama simply because he is black, the same race as Cain. In fact, Cain is even more black. I even heard some West Virginia voters say that they would "never vote for a black man" during the last election. These are common GOP constituents, present in abundance throughout this country. Cain has this fundamental problem, yet is moving forward with confidence while suffering from delusions of grandeur. He needs psychological help, obviously.

Here's a good article on Cain and the rest of the GOP candidates.
Why losers have delusions of grandeur - NYPOST.com

Old 09-29-2011, 08:09 AM

Oh for God's sake, now everyone in the GOP is crazy.

Some CD posters who are thinking their cute and playing the politics game think they can just slander all the GOP candidates to make Obama look good.

I'm here as a public service to tell you all of you are wasting your time. As I alluded to in an earlier post, the most you will be able to do (which isn't much in CD anyways) is maybe possibly influence who the Republican nominee is. However, whoever is nominated from the GOP is going to beat Obama. As someone else likes to keeps saying, you're just going to have to get over that Obama is going to lose. He just disaffected way to many people by now, that even the constant propaganda from the main stream media won't be able to polish his presidency.

The only crazy people who are out there are those who make candidate decisions based on what CD posters make.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 PM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

You're right. There wasn't much difference between Bush and Obama and there won't be much difference between Obama and any GOP candidate other than Paul.

No One But Paul 2012!!

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,888,510 times
Quote:

1) Barack Obama - D
2) Herman Cain - R

You have a 50 percent chance of being electrocuted, a 45 percent chance at being shot, and a 5 percent chance of going free? You picked death.
vote conscience

Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have a 50 percent chance of being electrocuted, a 45 percent chance at being shot, and a 5 percent chance of going free? You picked death.
vote conscience
With all that I have said about Cain, I'm still supporting Ron Paul first!

Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
I'm here as a public service to tell you... maybe possibly influence who the Republican nominee is.

whoever is nominated from the GOP is going to beat Obama.

He just disaffected way to many people by now
Your absolutely right. I happily "want" folks to vote for Dr. Ron
Paul...

And, we even know - Obama will be a one term President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections