Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are getting things that start out to say something like: latest story involves Perry and the feds or Romney can not explain (btw, I am para-phrasing) these are not the stories: open it and it is a push from Paul's campaign for donations. Hubby started getting them about a week ago and I have gotten 3 or 4 in the past week. NO, this isn't the same; btw, I have not gotten solicited for donations from any other candidate at this time, but that could just be me. If you guys are all getting them, my name must not be on any list::: sure!!!!!!!!
They are just using the latest horror going on in Washington or in the country as a reason to consider donating to Ron Paul. Putting him in office would end the nightmare.

I didn't like getting tons of letters asking for donations from Campaign for Liberty( which I've been getting since 2008) since they are just an educational organization inspired by Ron Paul but I don't mind getting them from Ron Paul's campaign.

I also really liked the video blogs Ron Paul sent out over the last 3 years keeping those of us that got them updated on what was going on in D.C and when we needed to be concerned about especially. A couple of those prompted me to write to my reps. I felt if anything bad was about to happen that the media was not going to disclose, I could at least count on Ron Paul to let me know ASAP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I am sick and tired of getting his emails asking for money, so is my husband. In fact it has turned me off even more....

Nita
It is unfortunate but Ron Paul has only his supporters from whom to raise funds since he cannot be bought by the corporations, unions, or special interest groups. You can always "unsubscribe". It is likely that the GOP sold the e-mail list to all candidates.

Too bad folks can be "turned on" by people who are easily swayed away from the US Constitution.

Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign Website
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections