Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:26 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,877,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Roy, I'm afraid you are the one in the dark here. I don't care whether it's a joke or not, it plays to the most base stereotypes and prejudices that there are about black people.

Maybe you find that humorous but most self respecting black people wouldn't.

I guess we should just laugh it off like the watermelon, fried chicken, and monkey jokes, typical for you..

Btw...it's not a joke.
That is one giant chip you have on your shoulder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 04:13 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Herman Cain ,why most Black people won't support him.

Same reason most people won't support him...cuz he's crazy.

Btw, I don't understand why someone is just supposed to love a candidate bc he's the same race as they are.
How does that even make any sense?

Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,342,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Ex. Fuel prices would go back down if ppl would park their car to show they are fighting for what's right and they are tired of being bullied out of what's in their wallet. How many ppl would step up to that plate so as to create a panic for the oil companies? Yep, that's what I thought.
I would do it, but I have this pesky thing called a job...and they expect me to show up, like, whenever I'm scheduled. I know! So uncool!

Other than that, I don't ever go anywhere, so there's not much other driving to curtail.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
What you fail to see is the soft bigotry of low expectations.

That is all laid at the feet of lib/progressives.

The amazing thing is, you don't even know it.

Herman Cain is a self made man.

All I hear from left wing black radio is that he's an "uncle tom" or that "he forgot where he came from", or my favorite from yesterday, "he's too stupid to know that he's a failure".

You would figure that his success would be lauded in the black community.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Not surprised that you and most blacks won't support Cain. He represents the exact opposite of what passes for Black intellectual thought these days. He is a self made man who persevered against the odds through his own efforts. not a popular story these days in the black community.

Nowadays Blacks are taught this country is racist therefore why try? Just line up for the government handouts. All good until a killer hurricane comes ashore and your given three days notice to leave then you're on your own.

Quote:
The temporary darling of the Republicans/Conservatives makes a habit of telling Black Democrats how they are trapped on the Democratic Plantation due to their inability to intellectually make the "wise" choice to vote Republican.

Republicans continually ask why Black people will not vote Republican, and we give the same answers over and over again. We don't like to be referred to as monkeys, chimps, apes, Simians. We don't like to be called thugs, drug dealers, less moral, less intelligent, or less capable. We don't like the constant portrayal of Black people that lose their minds over watermelon and fried chicken. We don't like the continuous drone of "if a black person makes it, it's not due to his ability, it's only due to affirmative action".

Well, ole Herman takes the cake with this one. In this ad black men haven't fought for this country, Black men don't nurture their children, Black men have "Hos",Black men are quick to get an abortion for their hos, and black men won't vote Republican because all of these things aren't things Republicans would indulge in.

"I Don't Snuff My Own Seed": 2006 Radio Ad Featuring Herman Cain - YouTube

Old 09-30-2011, 05:22 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,899,548 times
After seeing this ad, Cain may not even have the support of those who would consider a Republican.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
The temporary darling of the Republicans/Conservatives makes a habit of telling Black Democrats how they are trapped on the Democratic Plantation due to their inability to intellectually make the "wise" choice to vote Republican.

Republicans continually ask why Black people will not vote Republican, and we give the same answers over and over again. We don't like to be referred to as monkeys, chimps, apes, Simians. We don't like to be called thugs, drug dealers, less moral, less intelligent, or less capable. We don't like the constant portrayal of Black people that lose their minds over watermelon and fried chicken. We don't like the continuous drone of "if a black person makes it, it's not due to his ability, it's only due to affirmative action".

Well, ole Herman takes the cake with this one. In this ad black men haven't fought for this country, Black men don't nurture their children, Black men have "Hos",Black men are quick to get an abortion for their hos, and black men won't vote Republican because all of these things aren't things Republicans would indulge in.

"I Don't Snuff My Own Seed": 2006 Radio Ad Featuring Herman Cain - YouTube
looks to me like you might have a chip on your shoulder. I know a lot of educated black people who happen to be Republicans and conservatives.
As for being called monkeys, etc, of course you don't like it, no one likes to be put down or made fun of, but if you are under the impression only Republicans say these things, you haven't lived very long. Being a Republican or a Democrat has little to do with how one feels about minorities. I have probably meant as many or more Democrats that are racists than Republicans.

Nita

Old 09-30-2011, 06:19 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm sorry you find my statements to be accurate, perhaps even personally.
I guess when you don't have an argument, all you are left with are insults.

Sad, really.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times
How much more smug can you be? That is it really. Smug. Let's see. There are two classes of whites. The more intelligent, sensitive and caring progressives. Then, there are the conservative, but necessarily mouth breathing, lower intelligence, useful idiot whites.

That is how you view the world? How sad I am for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Well said. When you are considered an equal you will feel welcome in the Republican Party. I think the overwhelming majority of blacks realize they are not considered equal. The irony here is that the poor whites who make up the bulk of the GOP are not considered equal either, rather, they are viewed as useful idiots by the moneyed elite and their elected servants in Congress.

It's just the whites are not smart enough to realize this.

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-30-2011 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: added couple of words EF

Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Not surprised that you and most blacks won't support Cain. He represents the exact opposite of what passes for Black intellectual thought these days. He is a self made man who persevered against the odds through his own efforts. not a popular story these days in the black community.

Nowadays Blacks are taught this country is racist therefore why try? Just line up for the government handouts. All good until a killer hurricane comes ashore and your given three days notice to leave then you're on your own.
What are you talking about? How does he represent the opposite of black intellectual thought these days. Sheesh do you know any black people? He's the epitome of what blacks are trying to achieve in this country. He just happens to be a republican. How is being a self made man who persevered against the odds through his own efforts not a popular story these days in the black community? That's a popular story in any community. How would black people be any different? Black people aren't taught this country is racist, they experience it for themselves. No need to address the rest of your post because it nonsensical.

To stay on topic, most black people wouldn't vote for him probably because some of his comments like calling the democratic party a plantation is stupid at best. You know black people can think for themselves and tend to vote for what they think their best interests are. You know, just like anybody else who votes. Now if he was the republican presidential nominee, which you guys should make happen, it will make for a very interesting election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections