Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:19 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,393,695 times

Advertisements

Barack Hussein is the first black to get elected to be President of the United States. He has proven to be in way over his head. I think the reason why the very accomplished and successful Hermain Cain is being ignored is the electorate does not want to make the same mistake again.

Hermain Cain has a resume that any employer would covet. Obama was elected with no experience or accomplishments. Even this time around Barack is the least experienced person running for the job and he has had a three year head start.

Last edited by LetsRock; 09-30-2011 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,186,706 times
I think that could be a drawback for some who have seen what has happened with Obama. However, with Cain's rise in the polls it's obviously not an issue for everyone.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Barack Hussein is the first black to get elected to be President of the United States. He has proven to be in way over his head. I think the reason why the very accomplished and successful Hermain Cain is being ignored is the electorate does not want to make the same mistake again.

Hermain Cain has a resume that any employer would covet. Obama was elected with no experience or accomplishments. Even this time around Barack is the least experienced person running for the job and he has had a three year head start.
Do you actually believe this? Are you implying that people wouldn't vote for Herman Cain because they couldn't get past the color of his skin because it correlates to President Obama's skin color? Really? What does skin color have to do with electing the President? To make a comment like this is basically affirmation of what some liberals think that republicans can't get past the color of a person's skin. Do you think that is true? Seeing that you are trying to call President Obama a failure, I'm curious as to what you consider experience and accomplishments because you know all of the Republican candidates have so much presidential experience. Right. Going by that notion, the only people actually qualified to be president (due to actual presidential experience) are Carter, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama. I'm pretty sure there is no job in the United States that can actually prepare you properly for being the President of the United States. IMO, its pretty much a crap shoot every election.

To conclude, I believe most Republicans can see past someone's skin color when it comes to voting.

Do you?

Old 09-30-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Do you actually believe this? Are you implying that people wouldn't vote for Herman Cain because they couldn't get past the color of his skin because it correlates to President Obama's skin color? Really? What does skin color have to do with electing the President? To make a comment like this is basically affirmation of what some liberals think that republicans can't get past the color of a person's skin. Do you think that is true? Seeing that you are trying to call President Obama a failure, I'm curious as to what you consider experience and accomplishments because you know all of the Republican candidates have so much presidential experience. Right. Going by that notion, the only people actually qualified to be president (due to actual presidential experience) are Carter, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama. I'm pretty sure there is no job in the United States that can actually prepare you properly for being the President of the United States. IMO, its pretty much a crap shoot every election.

To conclude, I believe most Republicans can see past someone's skin color when it comes to voting.

Do you?

I mean executive , work, and business experience. Obama had none of it and may have ruined it for a real qualified black like Herman Cain. Without Obama's abortion of a term, Herman Cain would be leading by double digits and a shoo-in for the office.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,480,923 times
Quote:
I mean executive , work, and business experience. Obama had none of it and may have ruined it for a real qualified black like Herman Cain. Without Obama's abortion of a term, Herman Cain would be leading by double digits and a shoo-in for the office.
However way you feel of President Obama's policies, are your opinion of course. But, how does that ruin it for a "qualified" black like Cain? I mean there have been plenty of white Presidents, some how had less than stellar careers. Did that turn off the voting public from voting in another white President? No, it didn't. Unless you believe that Republicans can't get past the color of one's skin.

Do you believe that?

Also, you do know that IF Cain gets the nomination, he's going to be going up against President Obama. So then, like in most elections, its going to be Democrat vs. Republican. And the mud will fling like planned. Do you actually think people are going to be so turned of by Obama, that they will shun both black candidates and vote for Ralph Nader?

The reason Cain isn't leading by double digits is because Republicans right now are torn between all the candidates and the Right's Main stream Media engine is trying the Push the Romney-Perry poo poo platter.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
However way you feel of President Obama's policies, are your opinion of course. But, how does that ruin it for a "qualified" black like Cain? I mean there have been plenty of white Presidents, some how had less than stellar careers. Did that turn off the voting public from voting in another white President? No, it didn't. Unless you believe that Republicans can't get past the color of one's skin.

Do you believe that?

Also, you do know that IF Cain gets the nomination, he's going to be going up against President Obama. So then, like in most elections, its going to be Democrat vs. Republican. And the mud will fling like planned. Do you actually think people are going to be so turned of by Obama, that they will shun both black candidates and vote for Ralph Nader?

The reason Cain isn't leading by double digits is because Republicans right now are torn between all the candidates and the Right's Main stream Media engine is trying the Push the Romney-Perry poo poo platter.
I agree that the media is trying to choose my candidate.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
The way so many people think this may resinate with so many people. But remember they are both different, with different backgrounds. Cain is smarter i feel with business sense, do not feel he will kiss butt for any reason, and will stick to his principles. They may be black but what we can see with White Presidents, they each are individuals with their own ideals. And not created equal.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:43 PM

14,041 posts, read 15,073,711 times
Or it's because no one knew who he was until 4 months ago.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Or it's because no one knew who he was until 4 months ago.
The media admitted that they knew nothing about Barack Obama even AFTER he won the nomination.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:56 PM

121 posts, read 133,298 times
Quote:
The media admitted that they knew nothing about Barack Obama even AFTER he won the nomination.
That's nonsense, Obama's train left the station after his DNC speech in 2004 and it didn't slow down until he reached the White House. So he was very much a household name.

Cain, not so much. I've got nothing against the guy and I love watching him in the debates but you can't enter a Presidential race with low name recognition and hope to have any chance of winning. It took Romney a full campaign cycle in 2008 before he had national name recognition and look where he's at now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections