Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:04 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Barack Hussein is the first black to get elected to be President of the United States. He has proven to be in way over his head. I think the reason why the very accomplished and successful Hermain Cain is being ignored is the electorate does not want to make the same mistake again.

Hermain Cain has a resume that any employer would covet. Obama was elected with no experience or accomplishments. Even this time around Barack is the least experienced person running for the job and he has had a three year head start.
Only a rightie would even ask this question, nice try at diverting your real point with the second paragraph. One More Time, President Obama did not get elected Because he is black. Moderates and Liberals are not ignoring Cain but do not believe they won't vote for him simply because he is Black, their votes are not based on the color of ones skin, unlike some people here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 01:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,533,829 times
Quote:
I mean executive , work, and business experience. Obama had none of it and may have ruined it for a real qualified black like Herman Cain. Without Obama's abortion of a term, Herman Cain would be leading by double digits and a shoo-in for the office.
Are you kidding me? You would not even know cain if Obama loses in 2008. Black candidates would still be the joke of the race like Jesse Jackson was. Cain should fall down on his knees and thank Obama for pulling up old black men like him where they would have never been allowed before the One.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:36 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Barack Hussein is the first black to get elected to be President of the United States. He has proven to be in way over his head. I think the reason why the very accomplished and successful Hermain Cain is being ignored is the electorate does not want to make the same mistake again.

Hermain Cain has a resume that any employer would covet. Obama was elected with no experience or accomplishments. Even this time around Barack is the least experienced person running for the job and he has had a three year head start.
Well, I guess that notion would only apply if you thought all black men looked alike, as well as thinking they have the same thought and decision making processes

But, then we've studied MLK and Malcolm X to know better

BTW, I agree with your assessment of Obama, but it has nothing to
do with the fact that he is part black...
But, I did wonder why Cain played it up though:

Herman Cain said that the media is scared "a real black man may run against Barack Obama."

In response to a question as to whether he could unseat Obama and become the second black president:

Cain said "voters a chance to be batting .500" with black presidents. "Get rid of him and elect me."

Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM

995 posts, read 1,116,144 times
Since I've already voted for one black man running for high office, why would voting for another black man make any sort of difference?

My personal take on Cain, is that he's a typical go-getter CEO. He knows what's best, he knows what needs to happen, and you better not get in his way.
Compared to Obama who has no backbone, that may be refreshing to some, but I think going to the other extreme would be just as bad considering the extremely divided Congress we currently have.

We need someone like the fictional Obama we thought we voted for. You know, a leader.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Having eaten Godfather's pizza before is enough for me to never vote for Cain. That stuff tastes like it was dropped on the floor

Old 09-30-2011, 03:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Having eaten Godfather's pizza before is enough for me to never vote for Cain. That stuff tastes like it was dropped on the floor

1985 Godfather's Pizza Commercial - YouTube
Commercial 1985

When Pillsbury made Cain CEO of Godfather Pizza in 1986, they
told him to turn it around/make a profit - the mission was:
GET RID of that free soda

Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:

I'm not certain why you assume Cain is being ignored. Heck, he gets more coverage than Ron Paul.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:36 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
You are listening to the urban NY - DC elite media who is trying to convince you who is unelectable as they do every presidential election cycle in order to get you to support their choice from their area. The problem with Herman Cain is he's not a businessman from New York not his color.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:

I don't care if Obama had never had experience or not, I doubt this has much to do with peoples hesitation with Cain. Cain has never been elected to public office, not even mayor of his city. This has to be of concern to many. Will it keep me from supporting him? I don't know, I am still a Perry backer, but I will back the Republican nominee regardless of who he/she is. I just don't think you go from a upper middle class private sector person to becoming Pres of the USA overnight. In some ways he is more experienced that Obama, at least he has executive experience.

Nita

Old 10-01-2011, 08:38 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't care if Obama had never had experience or not, I doubt this has much to do with peoples hesitation with Cain. Cain has never been elected to public office, not even mayor of his city. This has to be of concern to many. Will it keep me from supporting him? I don't know, I am still a Perry backer, but I will back the Republican nominee regardless of who he/she is. I just don't think you go from a upper middle class private sector person to becoming Pres of the USA overnight. In some ways he is more experienced that Obama, at least he has executive experience.

Nita
Actually, right now Obama has more executive experience than Bachmann, Santorum, Paul and Gingrich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections