Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Cain is NOT a career politician (thank God) and tells it the way he feels (how refreshing is that). Bigoted statements about Republicans shows the level of ignorance one has about the other political party.
Cain started as a political analyst in 1996 and has been running for office since 2000. He has just never won any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 11:30 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Herman Cain will be branded as "just another whiny Black" and tossing out the "race card" by the Republicans even if the other candidates stood on the debate stage and called him, "ni%%-r, ni%%-r, ni%%-r" to his face.

He has to turn his cheek and look the other way when being racially insulted because the vote that he is courting views him with the same skepticism/scrutiny with which they viewed Barack Obama...and they are waiting for Cain to "slip" and "reveal his real self" as being just like the "rest of the blacks".

Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM

812 posts, read 595,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

I'd say Perry is all hat and no cattle! Cain is the real deal. I would say black folk can vote for him and get a job or vote for Obama and get a whack job.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,336,104 times
Quote:
You're seriously calling a reaction to the 'n' word playing the race card? What exactly does it take for someone not to be 'playing the race card' these days? Was James Byrd's family 'playing the race card' when they condemned Byrd's murder by white supremacists?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,083,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Cain is the real deal. I would say black folk can vote for him and get a job or vote for Obama and get a whack job.
Delivering pizzas? Thanks but we have enough of those jobs already.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:02 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
You're seriously calling a reaction to the 'n' word playing the race card? What exactly does it take for someone not to be 'playing the race card' these days? Was James Byrd's family 'playing the race card' when they condemned Byrd's murder by white supremacists?
I think this is just a question meant to provoke, since many of the right-wingers here get into such a tizzy over blacks playing the race card.

I don't think Savoir Faire thinks that the "race card" is a legitimate criticism, but rather is trying to see how conservatives reconcile their support of Cain with their hatred/disdain for any black person who claims an opponent to be racially insensitive or ignorant.

By the way, Taratova, how is this liberal race baiting? Herman Cain, a Republican candidate for President, basically claimed that Perry was racially insensitive. Do you agree or disagree, or do you just feel the need to deflect whenever faced with something like this?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM

812 posts, read 595,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
I think this is just a question meant to provoke, since many of the right-wingers here get into such a tizzy over blacks playing the race card.

I don't think Savoir Faire thinks that the "race card" is a legitimate criticism, but rather is trying to see how conservatives reconcile their support of Cain with their hatred/disdain for any black person who claims an opponent to be racially insensitive or ignorant.

By the way, Taratova, how is this liberal race baiting? Herman Cain, a Republican candidate for President, basically claimed that Perry was racially insensitive. Do you agree or disagree, or do you just feel the need to deflect whenever faced with something like this?
Repugs have idiots just like demwits. They are generally jus tnot as big of idiots. Perry is all hat and no cattle. Come off the reservation and vote for Cain. He has a great social program its caleed a job!

Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Repugs have idiots just like demwits. They are generally jus tnot as big of idiots. Perry is all hat and no cattle. Come off the reservation and vote for Cain. He has a great social program its caleed a job!
I'd never vote for Cain, nor am I going to waste my time with someone who tells me to "come off the reservation" (you really wanted to say plantation, didn't you?). I have a job, and I can think for myself.

I have no faith in the Republicans or the Democrats, and I have no interest in being patronized by a random internet troll who can't even spell.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,197,939 times
Quote:
That's a cherished Republican tradition.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,461,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Herman Cain will be branded as "just another whiny Black" and tossing out the "race card" by the Republicans even if the other candidates stood on the debate stage and called him, "ni%%-r, ni%%-r, ni%%-r" to his face.

He has to turn his cheek and look the other way when being racially insulted because the vote that he is courting views him with the same skepticism/scrutiny with which they viewed Barack Obama...and they are waiting for Cain to "slip" and "reveal his real self" as being just like the "rest of the blacks".
What skepticisim, for the most part, they made many exceptions for Obama, many as they still do.

As a human period not a color, people's feelings can and do get hurt, with insensitive words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections