Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:51 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
I thought it was the black conservative position that there IS no racism in the US. Perry denounces hunting camp story; opponents pounce - The Washington Post
I don't know any conservatives black or white who would claim that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Perry is saying they tried to paint of the "offensiveness" of it. He will address it head long on the National stage and clearly on his RW stage(along with the wink,wink).

Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,549 times
The point of my post was to find a picture of the friggin rock . Now that you have shoved it in with this other thread , that will not happen .
PLEASE , PLEASE don't let people know what a fake story this is.

11,531 posts, read 10,301,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I think I will listen to rap music so I can hear the n-word 100 times today .
Obama
or you can listen to right wing radio

Dr. Laura's N-Word Rant - YouTube

3,826 posts, read 3,392,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Cain was the one that brought the issue up.

WRONG!! He was asked about it by the interviewer. He did not initiate the subject.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:56 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,392,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Delivering pizzas? Thanks but we have enough of those jobs already.

Community organizing?? I would rather have a job that does not pay me under the table.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,392,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
The point of my post was to find a picture of the friggin rock . Now that you have shoved it in with this other thread , that will not happen .
PLEASE , PLEASE don't let people know what a fake story this is.
This story was all over the Wahington Post Sunday. It's not "fake". The story I linked to makes it clear the rock is still there. It has RECENTLY been painted with whitewash, but the offensive slur is still visible beneath the white paint- whoever painted it over did a half-assed job, apparently.

The story says that the word "******head" is, or was, colloquelly used in certain parts of the country to refer to rugged terraine, especially rocky hillsides. Lady Bird Johnsosn led an effort to have the word removed from maps of Texas.

Early on, Perry must have realized the name of the ranch was offensive, because he began using an entrance on the other side of the park when entertaining guests. The question is, at any point in the past 30 years, why didn't he have the decency (or at least the "smarts") to remove the damn thing

As to Cain, I don't blame him for feeling offended. I'm offended, and I'm white! I was surprised a little by his response though. Conservative blacks generally take the position that blacks in the US must stop being victims when it comes to "past injustices". I guess I expected some kind of statement from Cain along those lines.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,199,549 times
Have you SEEEEEN the rock , or even a picture ? It could be 10 thousand pounds .
Perry said his family painted over it in the 80s .
Its not his , and no one has a pic . Its GOSSIP .

Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 AM

45,631 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
As to Cain, I don't blame him for feeling offended. I'm offended, and I'm white! I was surprised a little by his response though. Conservative blacks generally take the position that blacks in the US must stop being victims when it comes to "past injustices". I guess I expected some kind of statement from Cain along those lines.
Let's get something straight.

When there is true instances of racism, it should be called out and dealt with. Yes - it is offensive whether liberal or conservative.

We have gotten to the point today where racism in most cases is a tool for liberal politicans to use to gain leverage over conservatives. When the claim is made that it is racist to dislike the health care bill because Obama is black - that's just a lie. The health care bill is terrible on its own lack of merit.

But what happens is because of all the false claims, the true instances of racism are not dealt with squarely because the immediate response is to look at it politically.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,521,775 times
so stupid...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections