Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:57 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,031,166 times

Advertisements

Herman Cain might like to take Dave Chappelle to task, then, if one should not be using that word...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:16 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,370,547 times
gosh, Im just outraged.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,468,609 times
Isn't it strange that Obama can sit in Rev. Wright's church for all those years and not hear anything vaguely offensive or racist?

Why does Obama get a pass for bad judgement in his racial pandering and Perry gets crucified for this?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,511,811 times
I'm going to give old Herman the benefit of the doubt and suggest he's been set-up by the media to ellicit an over the top response as that is the only reason I can think of why this man, who has shown his ability to not get sucker-punched up to now, let himself be drawn into this whole debacle over a rock painted with a racially sensitive reference.

His response should have been: "I don't know anything about this rock other than what I've been told and if it has any bearing on my behaviour as a candidate for the highest of offices it will be minimal at best". "If the rock exsists, with the reference attributed painted on it; then let it rest on Rick Perry to explain it's presence and meaning to all those who would wish to know"?

That should have been the extent of Herman's response instead of any outrage or affrontry taken by him personally. I thought he was smarter than this little episode has displayed.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm going to give old Herman the benefit of the doubt and suggest he's been set-up by the media to ellicit an over the top response as that is the only reason I can think of why this man, who has shown his ability to not get sucker-punched up to now, let himself be drawn into this whole debacle over a rock painted with a racially sensitive reference.

His response should have been: "I don't know anything about this rock other than what I've been told and if it has any bearing on my behaviour as a candidate for the highest of offices it will be minimal at best". "If the rock exsists, with the reference attributed painted on it; then let it rest on Rick Perry to explain it's presence and meaning to all those who would wish to know"?

That should have been the extent of Herman's response instead of any outrage or affrontry taken by him personally. I thought he was smarter than this little episode has displayed.
The Republican/conservative backlash against Herman Cain has begun

(Could someone please pass the popcorn?)

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/10/******head_herman_cain_rick_perry.html (broken link)

Rick Perry family’s hunting camp still known to many by old racially charged name - The Washington Post

Old 10-03-2011, 11:05 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times
There may never be ONE thing that brings Perry's campaign down. But all these little controversies and gaffes collectively will eventually make people say he's damaged goods. We have a LONG way to go until November 2012 and at the rate Perry is going, he may not even win the nomination for the GOP.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 AM

45,636 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:

So should he react politically or should he speak what he thinks?

If anything - he should reserve any comments on the matter to Perry himself in a private setting - and get all of the facts beforehand.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:42 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,511,811 times
He should stifle himself when in campaign time frame and put the onus on the thinking press to ferret out the details of the damn rock.

Are we to believe they're not capable of finding attendess of that camp and asking them what was on the rock when they attended? Cartakers, local ranchers, service trades, telephone linemen working in the area, they can't find the hitherto unreported details of what, when and who.

Only when all the pertinent facts are availabe shoud anyone make a comment and then it shouldn't come from Cain but one of his underlings as a small snippet in response to a reporter's query. give the damn rock the traction it deserves, very little at best.

Would any of you seriously decide the fate of a candidate for the Presidency based on any of this crap? That is just infantile in the extreme and is exactly whats gotten you into this mess of inadequate, incapable, untalented, inept, puppets-on-strings leadership deficit you're currently enjoying.

Rick Perry speaks to God, Rick Perry uses Grecian Formulae, Rick Perry wears boxer shorts rather than "y" fronts. What does any of this have to do with his ability to LEAD.

Herman Cain has shown "outrage" (pretty strong word to describe his response) at the "rock".
Herman Cain plays the race card. All nonsense! Look at the man for his responses to intelligent and pertinent to the issues questions, not this crap.

Either of these gents should be judged as suitable or preferrable for their desired position based on their accomplishments that are factual and verifiable NOT what the idiotic and prejudiced media attribute to them. We've let the National Enquirer type of reportage assume such prominance in our decision making when it should be given very little credibilty if any.

Thoughtful voters will do their research and glean what they need to know instead of relying on the pap fed through the intravenous of TV sound/sight bits by talking heads whose job relies on the likes of a Rupert Murdoch's being happy with their work.

I favour "town hall" type of broadcasts where the creative editing isn't possible to give a completely different intent to a candidates response to a question Only those types of debates where the ENTIRE dialogue, from beginning to end is broadcast, should be given any credence. Anything less is simply being formatted to the reporter's dictated objective.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:55 AM

6,161 posts, read 7,237,827 times
From the Texas two step to the Texas backpedal....YEE HAW!!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:21 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Thoughtful voters will do their research and glean what they need to know instead of relying on the pap fed through the intravenous of TV sound/sight bits by talking heads whose job relies on the likes of a Rupert Murdoch's being happy with their work.
You're not from around these parts. It doesn't work that way. If it did do you think McCain and Obama, with all their failed policies, would be the last two standing?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 10-03-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections