Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm well aware that Obama is for tea baggers, the gay rumors are likey true and I wouldn't blame him a bit if I had to come home to that hot ghetto mess.
Why do right wingers keep on insisting that teabaggers = gay?

I'd like to see a definition, surely there should be quite a few available
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 01:23 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,480,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well then I guess that makes the GOP "hypocridates" that have dropped out...duck droppings

You can watch President Obama leave the White House January 20, 2017 like the rest of us....cheers!

Send an e-mail to the WH on November 7, 2012:

Dear Michelle: Let's Move!

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,480,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Democrats are the parasites,.....or hasn't anyone told you? They steal from some to give to the others......

And Republicans steal in the other direction. Pick your poison.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:26 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,234,328 times
Funny, white voters for Obama felt no need to announce "I know it sounds crazy but this white person wants a black person to win!" Voting for Obama didn't seem contradictory, yet this Cain sticker revels in some perceived going against the grain.

Why do white Cain supporters need to emphasize race? Do whites for Cain think they're "mavericky"? Sounds totally like their accusation of Obama voters voting to say "see, I'm no racist" in fact is their own motivation.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:38 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,138 times
Cain isn't going after the black vote, he's going after the white vote, especially the racist white vote. How could a black man go after the racist white vote you may ask? Simple, by "knowing his place" Racists don't hate all blacks, just those who are "uppity" and Cain with his comments about blacks being stupid, or rather those "other blacks" being stupid, is clearly trying to show he's not one of them.

His "real black man" comments? That plays into the widespread con belief that blacks only voted for Obama because he was black. Which if it was tree would mean that they would vote for Cain in the general election (because he's even "blacker") thus pulling those votes away from Obama

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Funny, white voters for Obama felt no need to announce "I know it sounds crazy but this white person wants a black person to win!" Voting for Obama didn't seem contradictory, yet this Cain sticker revels in some perceived going against the grain.

Why do white Cain supporters need to emphasize race? Do whites for Cain think they're "mavericky"? Sounds totally like their accusation of Obama voters voting to say "see, I'm no racist" in fact is their own motivation.
I've often wondered about that too. If the Republicans are as diverse as they claim then how come they're always like hey look, we have a black man?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:40 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,749 times
Romney/Cain 2012..... America is open for business!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,251,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I've often wondered about that too. If the Republicans are as diverse as they claim then how come they're always like hey look, we have a black man?
I love this convenient "head I win tails you lose" scenario you folks have set up.

(asked ad nauseum) "Why aren't there any black people in the tea party movement?"

"There are."

"Why are you always like, 'hey look, we have a black man?"

"I dunno, maybe because your side won't ever shut up about it?" *shakes head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Cain isn't going after the black vote, he's going after the white vote, especially the racist white vote. How could a black man go after the racist white vote you may ask? Simple, by "knowing his place" Racists don't hate all blacks, just those who are "uppity" and Cain with his comments about blacks being stupid, or rather those "other blacks" being stupid, is clearly trying to show he's not one of them.

His "real black man" comments? That plays into the widespread con belief that blacks only voted for Obama because he was black. Which if it was tree would mean that they would vote for Cain in the general election (because he's even "blacker") thus pulling those votes away from Obama
For crying out loud, the man is running for President of the United States, and you think white people only like him because he's not "uppity?" How much more "uppity" can you conceivably get than actively seeking the most powerful office on the freaking planet?

Do you people ever listen to yourselves when you make this crap up? You might at least try to be coherent.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Some of "us people" are beginning to like Cain. Cain tells it like he sees it regarding the protests on Wall Street:
"Don't be jealous, don't be envious," Cain said as he signed copies of his memoir. "I don't have much patience for someone who does not want to achieve their American dream the old-fashioned way."
When asked about the thousands of people that have been protesting in lower Manhattan, Cain said, "They're basically saying that somehow the government is supposed to take from those that have succeeded and give to those who want to protest. He added: "That's not the way America was built."

Cain rails against Wall Street protesters - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/news/article/Cain-rails-against-Wall-Street-protesters-2204717.php - broken link)
I could consider voting for Cain.
As long as we're quoting Cain...
"[the Media] are doubly scared that a real black man might run against Barack Obama"
-Herman Cain, March 30, 2011

Obama is not a strong black man"
-Herman Cain, March 30, 2011

"A real black man is not timid about making the right decisions"
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011

"it is documented that [Obama's] mother was white and his father was from Africa."
Herman Cain, June 30, 2011”

Old 10-06-2011, 06:49 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Do you even understand how the primary process works? A lot of people jump in the race, people drop out until you get down to a core group of candidates who are then put in a primary election. Is this the first time you've ever been around a presidential primary?

It is pretty sad that the Democratic Party is so void of credible leaders that they have to run the same idiot again for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections