Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,697,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Presidential hopeful and Texas Republic Rep. Ron Paul told a Spanish language news program he won’t “kowtow” to Hispanic voters.Speaking on “Al Punto,” a Sunday morning politics show on Univision, Paul said immigrants should be allowed to seek work permits, rather than enter the country illegally and be eligible for welfare programs. Paul said there is a difference between immigrants who will work and take care of themselves and criminals. (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/texas-on-the-potomac/2011/10/ron-paul-i-won’t-“kowtow”-to-hispanic-voters/ - broken link)
Politics 101 - Promise everyone anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 07:39 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Duplicate thread started days ago in the Election forum, with a full video of the conversation.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Politics 101 - Promise everyone anything.
I used to like Paul a lot more, but the more he speaks the less appealing he becomes.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,126 times
Great grandfathers watched as their friends died in the Civil War.

Grandfathers watched as their friends died in WW I.

My father watched as his friends died in WW II.

And I watched as my friends died in Vietnam .

None of them died for the Mexican Flag. Everyone died for the American flag.

Texas high school students raised a Mexican flag on a school flag pole, other students took it down. Guess who was expelled...the students who took it down.

California high school students were sent home on Cinco de Mayo, because they wore T-shirts with the American flag printed on them.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
pth

274 posts, read 462,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I used to like Paul a lot more, but the more he speaks the less appealing he becomes.
Not sure what you mean by this

Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtstockton View Post
Great grandfathers watched as their friends died in the Civil War.

Grandfathers watched as their friends died in WW I.

My father watched as his friends died in WW II.

And I watched as my friends died in Vietnam .

None of them died for the Mexican Flag. Everyone died for the American flag.

Texas high school students raised a Mexican flag on a school flag pole, other students took it down. Guess who was expelled...the students who took it down.

California high school students were sent home on Cinco de Mayo, because they wore T-shirts with the American flag printed on them.

None of those wars were for the American flag.

Civil war was all about the Constitution and someone trying to change the rules for the individual states sovereignty.

WW-1 war the war we are not going to get involved in, as Progressive Woodrow Wilson said to get re-elected. Who attacked us again? 1 week after re-election, we were in WW-1

WW-2, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, because we were restricting their oil supply. We go to the shores of Normandy. Germany didn't attack us, Japan did. Yes we finally went into the Pacific theater, but almost a year after the Pearl Harbor attack.

Korea... Bay of Tonkin... Really we wage a half assed war and lost lives over that **** ant nation.

Vietnam. How were we attacked again? Many many good men died in that mess.

Nation building is not about the American Flag.

National offense for no reward, is in no way national defense, keeping us sovereign.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM
pth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nation building is not about the American Flag.

National offense for no reward, is in no way national defense, keeping us sovereign.

Not to mention the trillions of dollars that could be spent Nation (re)building here in the US

Old 10-06-2011, 11:57 AM

242 posts, read 236,622 times
Quote:

yea he sounds best when he is not speaking.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
pth

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
yea he sounds best when he is not speaking.

tell me why you believe this

Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
unfortunately this can be the case with any candidate, in fact it usually is.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections