Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Todays election I will be voting for...
Obama 11 28.95%
Paul 27 71.05%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:22 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,855,821 times

Advertisements

So the choice is between a nut and a lame duck? I don't believe I will be voting for either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He won't get the GOP nomination and he keeps shooting himself in the foot by continuing to talk, a common problem with conservative candidates. The more they talk the more likely people come to realize they are not fit to run this nation. Toss the entire GOP wannabe field and bring in a new batch, the current ones leave no choice to Independent voters, which means, Obama until 2017.
I find it unbelievable that you could be so stupid to want Obama for another 4 years! What? he hasn't sunk the country deep enough yet? Hell....maybe we can end up wigth a C + credit rating at the end of another 4 years!!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:25 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,025,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If the elections were held today and it was Ron Paul running against Barack Hussein Obama

Paul

Obama
I'd vote for Mrs. Paul, if she were the candidate, fish stink and all.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:41 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2four View Post
sorry dude...Paul will be back fishing in clute real soon...he has no chance of winning the repub nomination...none...
No chance (blah, blah, blah).....do you work for FOX News?

Ron Paul won the Value Voters' straw pole today, Cain a distant second, and the rest of the pack was extremely far back.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:05 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,520,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
So the choice is between a nut and a lame duck? I don't believe I will be voting for either.
cuz liberty is so nutty

Old 10-09-2011, 12:12 AM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I completely understand what you are saying though I do not agree on not voting, but that is your choice. My question was, when did Ca change the rules: I was rasied there, voted there for 30 years and never remember a place to write in a candidates name, yet you seem to think you can.

NIta
You don't have to be so condescending all the time. Things change, Nita. I said before, I'm not sure if there is a write in spot on the ballot for President but there are for other offices. It doesn't matter one way or the other. You want to pick at the details that don't really matter. Whether the write in space is there or not, no other Republican candidate besides Ron Paul will get my vote (and neither will Obama). I have always been your "typical Republican voter" and I no longer will be. The republican party is not conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to ask you a couple of questions and this is not to disagree with you necessarily but: 1-haven't the Republicans tried to balance the budget but the Democrats won't hear of it, do you think Paul will be able to change this? 2-states rights, most of us believe is state's rights, but to make a comment like, if you don't like the politcs of the state move to a different state, don't you think that is a pretty simplistic statement: most people can not just move at on a whim....??

Nita
Ron Paul has worked with people from all sides of the political spectrum.
I don't think either side has really tried to balance the budget. They like to put on a pretty show for the American people and then pretend to make a "compromise" with no real accomplishments.

If Ron Paul were to get elected, I think it would show DC that the people mean business and they better get working for us. I think Ron Paul would be signing a lot of vetoes. Right now our biggest concerns are adopting a manageable foreign policy, reducing our spending, freeing up businesses so they can get back to hiring and making our currency sound so us average Americans aren't losing the value of our incomes due to inflation.

It might be difficult for people to move to another state if they don't like the policies of their current state but it happens every day. We are looking at moving out of CA for this very reason. CA is a lost cause.

Most people could easily get involved in their state/ local governments to help shape the direction of their state. That is the whole point of having most of the decision making done as close to home as possible- it's easier to be involved and make a difference. Having most of the stuff done at the federal level makes it difficult for the average person's voice to be heard. The more power the federal government has the more corrupt it becomes.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:16 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,922 times
paul probably lost me when he made the idiotic comment about not being behind the assassination of that terrorist a few days ago.

this terrorist wanted us dead, and paul is running to defend him?

cant make this **** up.

i applaud obama for putting the bullseye on whatever his name is, and shooting him down.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:57 AM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
paul probably lost me when he made the idiotic comment about not being behind the assassination of that terrorist a few days ago.

this terrorist wanted us dead, and paul is running to defend him?

cant make this **** up.

i applaud obama for putting the bullseye on whatever his name is, and shooting him down.
Paul supports the Constitution so of course he apposed the assassination of a US citizen. This assassination is setting a dangerous precedence, who will they declare a "threat" next.

If this guy was such a threat why wasn't he brought up on charges and tried so this could have been done legally? That is all Paul is saying. It should have been done legally, by the Constitution.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Paul supports the Constitution so of course he apposed the assassination of a US citizen. This assassination is setting a dangerous precedence, who will they declare a "threat" next.

If this guy was such a threat why wasn't he brought up on charges and tried so this could have been done legally? That is all Paul is saying. It should have been done legally, by the Constitution.

True!

It would be one thing if he was killed trying to attack the US troops, or anyone trying to take him into custody.

Targeting a unmanned drone to kill him without due process is murder.
We have not officially declared war(congress). Only our Kings have, for the last 80 years.

From what was said about the Bin Laden deal, he too could have been taken alive.

If the US military and government were smart, they would not announce to the world their conquering prizes.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He won't get the GOP nomination and he keeps shooting himself in the foot by continuing to talk, a common problem with conservative candidates. The more they talk the more likely people come to realize they are not fit to run this nation. Toss the entire GOP wannabe field and bring in a new batch, the current ones leave no choice to Independent voters, which means, Obama until 2017.
I think talking is required to convey your message.

Ron Paul, unlike the other candidates actually has been acting as our window into what is going on behind the scenes in Congress. In order for us to learn what is going on, he needs to talk to tell us.

It doesn't make a difference if Ron Paul talks. He is consistent in what he says. Romney and Perry and the others have to remember not to expose their less desirable sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections