Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times

Advertisements

I believe you will be able to listen on Sirius/XM as well...channel 113 on both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 PM

37,798 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
And why isn't this important debate going to be on any major channel???
Because Bloomberg is sponsoring the debate. The real question is why so many debates and why would candidates agree to debate on a network so few watch or maybe get? The only thing all of these debates do is keep candidates in the race who aren't raising much money. That's good in that we see more candidates (at first). That's bad because we see more candidates instead of more substantial debates between less people.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Because Bloomberg is sponsoring the debate. The real question is why so many debates and why would candidates agree to debate on a network so few watch or maybe get? The only thing all of these debates do is keep candidates in the race who aren't raising much money. That's good in that we see more candidates (at first). That's bad because we see more candidates instead of more substantial debates between less people.
Our choices are already limited pretty badly, I wouldn't suggest we cull the herd any further at this point. If anything more people need to be included, the questions need to be better, and they need more time to answer instead of just tossing out quotes that are sanitized for use as soundbites.

Old 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,868 times
Thanks for the channel info. I guess I will watch it online. For some of these candidates it might be a blessing that it's on a channel no one gets or has ever heard of.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
Quote:
I agree but we all know why they invite so many. It is to distract and confuse people and to make sure not to give Ron Paul too much time. Otherwise it would be obvious to even the most brain dead people of all that he is by FAR the smartest candidate on the issues. The MSM is a tool for the elites and they don't want someone who has his own ideas. They want a vacuous status quo puppet.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,863 times
Quote:
We should keep all the candidates in at this point. Candidates like Buddy Roemer and Gary Johnson get unfairly excluded because they're non-establishment beliefs, while insiders like Huntsman or (previously) Cain who poll just as low get included. The debates are rigged. They only include Ron Paul because he's got such a dedicated group of followers that they couldn't get away with it.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:57 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
WE will not be watching, checked and Bloomberg isnt available to us at the subscription level we have with DISH. Oh well, I am sure when we get back from our trip everyone will be more than glad to fill us in and I don't think missing one debate will change our minds much.

Nita

Old 10-11-2011, 05:02 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
The debate tomorrow night is on Bloomberg TV. I had to look up where Bloomberg TV is on my channels. It's Channel 251 in my area. That's like the nosebleed seats of cable TV. I don't think I've ever been that high on the dial. So, my question isn't about desiring to watch the debate, it's about "Do you actually get Bloomberg TV?"

There is a channel finder here. All you have to do is plug in your zip code.

Bloomberg TV: Channel Finder - Bloomberg

There's a Debacle, err. Debate tonight? It's always amusing to here them referred to as "Debates".

Old 10-11-2011, 07:56 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times
Grow up. Add something to the dialog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
There's a Debacle, err. Debate tonight? It's always amusing to here them referred to as "Debates".

Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 AM

37,798 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
WE will not be watching, checked and Bloomberg isnt available to us at the subscription level we have with DISH. Oh well, I am sure when we get back from our trip everyone will be more than glad to fill us in and I don't think missing one debate will change our minds much.

Nita
I'm going to miss the beginning of it. Have a nice trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections