Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,003,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Good, it's about time we made things "fair". That's what liberals are all about, isn't it? Being fair? And fair is paying income tax like the rest of the 53% of Americans do.
I support broadening the tax base but 999 is silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 PM

29,917 posts, read 39,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Can you explain to me how you balance infinite money against limited resources?
They take more money...

But I know what you're trying to get at. Those resources are limited whether you have finite or infinite money.

If there is finite money then when the rich get it all the only way you'll be able to get any of it is by finding a mine and going digging for more gold if that's the limited resource you're going to use to back it up.

If the only thing limiting how much money is in circulations is growth, interest rates and money supply (maybe something else I can't think of right now) then you don't have a finite resource limiting the amount. It's elastic and can be adjusted.

Sure it sounds crappy to know someone else controls the value of the money you have but it's a hell of a lot better than you having zero ability to get anymore.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
DID YOU READ THAT? Really! You should actually read it again!

What? you disagree with the dark red points in Cain's stance?

.... and what exactly is wrong with that? SERIOUSLY!
Where did you get that? I disagree with a tax increase and a massive one at that. It's way way way more odd these days to see so called conservatives now up in arms about wanting a huge tax increase in the middle of a recession/depression.

By the way, he didn't lay out a single plan in any of that that he mentioned about SS. Nothing. It was lip service.

But I at least felt it should be up for everyone to see since we're discussing it and as far as I can see we're on page 11 (with a 40 post count per page) and not a single person actually stated his so called stance from his website.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:36 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Most of those states have eliminated, reduced, or offset the tax as applied to food for home consumption. The relief strategies include full or partial exemptions from the sales tax for food purchased for home consumption and credits or rebates to offset the food tax. Of the states with sales taxes:"

Thirty-one states and the District of Columbia exempt most food purchased for consumption at home from the state sales tax. Seven offer lower rates, five offer rebates. Two offer no compensation.

"Local governments, which in many states levy their own sales taxes, usually exempt food if food is fully exempt at the state level. Major exceptions include localities in Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Louisiana, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Grocery food purchases in those states are fully or partially exempt at the state level, but typically taxed at the local level."

11/4/09 Which States Tax the Sale of Food for Home Consumption in 2009? — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Your point? This is fully in keeping with "Many states and localities tax food and OTC drugs."

Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They take more money...

But I know what you're trying to get at. Those resources are limited whether you have finite or infinite money.

If there is finite money then when the rich get it all the only way you'll be able to get any of it is by finding a mine and going digging for more gold if that's the limited resource you're going to use to back it up.

If the only thing limiting how much money is in circulations is growth, interest rates and money supply (maybe something else I can't think of right now) then you don't have a finite resource limiting the amount. It's elastic and can be adjusted.

Sure it sounds crappy to know someone else controls the value of the money you have but it's a hell of a lot better than you having zero ability to get anymore.
You missed the last part of my question in the previous post which you answered above ... Before i respond to the above post i would like to hear your answer to the questions below.

Why do we need a private corporation to print our money and loan it to us at interest when the treasury can print the money instead of borrowing it?

The whole system is backwards, because how can you get out of debt if debt is money?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56453790090544

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ney-money-debt (broken link)

Old 10-14-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You missed the last part of my question in the previous post which you answered above ... Before i respond to the above post i would like to hear your answer to the questions below.

Why do we need a private corporation to print our money and loan it to us at interest when the treasury can print the money instead of borrowing it?

The whole system is backwards, because how can you get out of debt if debt is money?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...56453790090544

Nothing found for A Ney-money-debt (http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...ney-money-debt - broken link)
You have to have both for money to circulate through the world economy. You have to have creditors and debtors. It's part of the circular flow of capital.

The reason they put it in private hands is because they didn't want congress, who is subjected to all sorts of things political, to have control over the money supply.

At anytime a diligent U.S. population could change that because the FR is still subjected to congress via the constitution, even if people don't know that.

The real point of the FR, from the get-go, was to ease the decline of America as the rest of the world grows. That's what happens to post-industrialized nations. China will be subjected to it when all is said and done. The main problem with that is that if 2/3 of China were able to achieve the standard of living that Americans have, all the resources non-oil on the planet would be used up leaving the other 5.4 billion or so people with absolutely no resources.

In other words it's all downhill from here... (sorry to be the bearer of bad news)

Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,586,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Good, it's about time we made things "fair". That's what liberals are all about, isn't it? Being fair? And fair is paying income tax like the rest of the 53% of Americans do.

How much should a minimum wage burger flipper send to Washington in taxes?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Your point? This is fully in keeping with "Many states and localities tax food and OTC drugs."

Few states and localities tax food and medicine
corrected it for you
substance matters

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Where did you get that? I disagree with a tax increase and a massive one at that. It's way way way more odd these days to see so called conservatives now up in arms about wanting a huge tax increase in the middle of a recession/depression.

By the way, he didn't lay out a single plan in any of that that he mentioned about SS. Nothing. It was lip service.

But I at least felt it should be up for everyone to see since we're discussing it and as far as I can see we're on page 11 (with a 40 post count per page) and not a single person actually stated his so called stance from his website.
Sim City 4 can tell you

Herman Cain 999 Plan: Did It Come From SimCity?

Old 10-14-2011, 07:48 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,216,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Few states and localities tax food and medicine
corrected it for you
substance matters
19 out of 50 is not "few". It's 38%.
Substance matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections