Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 07:09 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,985,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I totally agree and rep'd you for it!
they will only vote for Paul, which is one of the reasons we have the hack
we have today!
I will vote for ANYONE that is running against Obama, but it will not be Ron Paul
because he does not have a bats chance in hell
If you think that Obama has anything in common with Ron Paul you need rethink your position and do some honest research in lieu of saying things that just aren't so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:36 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Great post.

One of RP's big problems is his supporters. They think anyone who doesn't agree 100% with RP is stupid or ignorant. And they further believe RP is infallible. It's a scary combination.
Is this the latest angle? It's about his supporters and not policy?
Course I guess it's hard to discuss policy when the ones you back are failures.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
well stated!
I agree, Ron Paul's supporters are just as single-minded as Obama's
and a real turn off!!
But besides that, Ron Paul is a total FLAKE!
What is flakey about following the constitution?
What is flakey about having a stable economy? Like stopping Congress from manipulating the housing market which put us in this depression.
What is flakey about protecting our borders and only sending our troops into battle when we have declared war?

All those lives would have been saved. All that money spent in other countries would have gone to helping Americans.
but you call that flakey?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
If you think that Obama has anything in common with Ron Paul you need rethink your position and do some honest research in lieu of saying things that just aren't so.
of course he does
he has the same EGO, just like OBAMA!
and the very same wacked out supporters!! JUST LIKE OBAMA!
and he never knows when to shut up and sit down, he goes on and on and on
just like OBAMA!!
he is boreing as hell too, just like OBAMA
they are very much alike!!
but, I do not worry about him because he does not have a chance of ever running on a ticket!
So I can thank God for that one!!
but his supporters are a real turn off as well, JUST LIKE OBAMA!!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:40 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times
Quote:
of course he does
he has the same EGO, just like OBAMA!
and the very same wacked out supporters!! JUST LIKE OBAMA!
and he never knows when to shut up and sit down, he goes on and on and on
just like OBAMA!!
he is boreing as hell too, just like OBAMA
they are very much alike!!
but, I do not worry about him because he does not have a chance of ever running on a ticket!
So I can thank God for that one!!
but his supporters are a real turn off as well, JUST LIKE OBAMA!!
That is very shallow of you, and obviously more an example of your own weaknesses than it is of Dr. Paul's. (IMHO)

You obviously cannot comprehend what he is talking about, perhaps you should take time to understand before you judge him.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 10-20-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 10-20-2011, 12:27 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Amazing, one would think that with a title such as this:
Ron Paul haters, what is that you DON'T like about him? Let's clear it up if we can
one would expect an open and honest discussion on his positives and his negatives. As it turns out many Paul supporters are no different from most far right-wingers, disagree with thier ideal candidate and they revert to the same old tactics and the anger, hate and attacks come back to the forefront, showing their true inner nature. I will say some Paul supporters are good people but do not be fooled into thinking they are the norm. It was the same with the Tea Party bunch, many of the same people, in the beginning they had some good points and were a civil bunch, but once enough of the far righties joined in the entire movement turned hard right.

IMHO This Thread is a Major Failure

Old 10-20-2011, 01:33 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,814,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ron Paul haters, what is that you DON'T like about him? Let's clear it up if we can
one would expect an open and honest discussion on his positives and his negatives. As it turns out many Paul supporters are no different from most far right-wingers, disagree with thier ideal candidate and they revert to the same old tactics and the anger, hate and attacks come back to the forefront, showing their true inner nature. I will say some Paul supporters are good people but do not be fooled into thinking they are the norm. It was the same with the Tea Party bunch, many of the same people, in the beginning they had some good points and were a civil bunch, but once enough of the far righties joined in the entire movement turned hard right.

Not trying to pick a fight here, but yes, this thread is for some honest discussion, but if you already come prejudiced about Ron Paul and then just keep ranting, then it doesn't help either. You have to have an open mind.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Not trying to pick a fight here, but yes, this thread is for some honest discussion, but if you already come prejudiced about Ron Paul and then just keep ranting, then it doesn't help either. You have to have an open mind.
Actually until just recently I was very interested in learning more about Paul, then I read more of his ideas and was repulsed by some of them, many of which are show stoppers with me and will be for many other voters. But as you can see some of the classless bunch in your corner of the opinion spectrum seem to take major offense at others disagreeing with Pauls ideas and thier inner-selves are now showing for all to see. A Time Out for some is coming soon, maybe, once they have had time to reflect on their actionsthey will learn to act like adults for once in their lives. I leave this Thread having had my say on the subject, that was the only point in the first place. Good luck

Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,032 times
Quote:

If your going to disagree on something I want reasons in detail which you never offer. If your disagreeing on something with a candidate fine move one to someone else. If its over Abortion, foreign policy or whatever fine. The only far right wingers in here are those who want INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY and constitutional authority. Everything is up for DEBATE but the reality is Paul supporters want SMALL Government if your not willing to have EXTREME 180 views of Obama dont bother. We arent interested in playing games with people who have no idea what Paul supports or why Paul supports a position and those PRETENDING to be for small government ignore military spending and corporate welfare and think the printing of money is great.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,769,319 times
Quote:

Amazing how the only thing bad people can say about Dr. Paul is that he talks to much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections