Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times

Advertisements

I will be voting for Obama because he is doing a very good job on the economy. He has his faults but he is the best candidate in my opinion.

Since 2008, the US economy has created almost 2.5 million private sector jobs. This is more jobs created in the private sector than all 8 years of the previous admin.

At the same time, over 0.5 million public sector jobs have been eliminated.

Obama is growing the private sector and shrinking the public sector.

CARPE DIEM: Today's Employment Report: Since Jan. 2010, -500k Government Jobs, +2.5 Million Private Jobs

The President has pursued very good policies to encourage this healthy recovery. I will be giving him my vote in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 10:32 AM

1,147 posts, read 909,387 times
Anything positive he's doing is the equivalent of planting flowers in a landfill.

I'm not voting for him again because he has failed to take care of the existing problems. He is letting the problems continue, seemingly without any intervention whatsoever.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:37 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Obama = Bush 2.0

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-04-2012 at 11:19 AM..

Old 10-17-2011, 10:55 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Obama = Bush 2.0

Then Pubs should be lining up to vote for Obama. They elected Dubya. Twice.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:05 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
I voted for President Obama in '08 and I will be voting for him again in 2012.

Has he let me down in some areas? Yes.

Has he managed to get some things accomplished? Yes, he has. I am sure he would have gotten a lot more done if he wasn't met with the resistance by the republi-thugs at every turn.

For those of you who voted for him last time and who say you won't vote for him next year, please, please consider the ramifications of a Perry or a Romney or a Bachmann in the white house.

The most important thing in my mind is the makeup of the Supreme Court. During the next four or five years, it is very possible that two seats will open up, and if you want to see women's reproductive rights set back 100 years, then don't vote for him (whether that means you vote for the republi-thug alternative or you just don't vote - which is the same thing as voting for the person with the 'R' next to his or her name). Any chance of repealing the Citizens United ruling overturned will disappear with the election of a republi-con president and the Koch brothers will continue to pull the puppet strings of every politician who will continue with their evil agendas.

So, please.....to all here who are considering voting for someone else (I heard the other day that Ralph Nader is considering another run), please remember that will be like voting for a republican and there is just too damn much at stake for that to happen. You have to look beyond whatever your disappointment with Obama might be and look into the future and the Supreme Court and what that entails.

Please.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I voted for President Obama in '08 and I will be voting for him again in 2012.
I voted for Obama in '08, but will not vote for him in 2012, because he turned out to be a liar. His own friggin' platform was that he would end the wars, bring the troops home and close the Guantanamo bay. Not only did he not do any of that, he started NEW wars, and now is drumming it up for another one with Iran. Plus, there is the stimulus, bailouts, Patriot Act and many more. Simply put - he never lived up to the expectations and turned out to be worse than Bush.

He will lose the White House this time.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:58 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I will be voting for Obama because he is doing a very good job on the economy. He has his faults but he is the best candidate in my opinion.

Since 2008, the US economy has created almost 2.5 million private sector jobs. This is more jobs created in the private sector than all 8 years of the previous admin.

At the same time, over 0.5 million public sector jobs have been eliminated.

Obama is growing the private sector and shrinking the public sector.

CARPE DIEM: Today's Employment Report: Since Jan. 2010, -500k Government Jobs, +2.5 Million Private Jobs

The President has pursued very good policies to encourage this healthy recovery. I will be giving him my vote in 2012.
This is all lie.

Obama did not eliminate any government job, at least not from the Federal level. The actually increase it. Especially on the executive branch.

The states are shrinking their payrolls. Why? Because they don't have a printing press. They only have two option on their budget, increase tax or decrease payroll Or maybe both.

Increase in so call private job mean nothing if employers have to fired one to rehire another one for the tax credit. We need new jobs created, not replacing existing jobs.

Assume we give him the credit for creating 2.5 millions after spending more than 1 trillion, so that mean $400k per job, and they are not even new job. He could have given each of these 2.5 million 50k per year for 3 years, that's only cost 3/8 of what he had spent.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
I did not vote for obama in 2008 because at that time, I still had half a brain. Since that time I have come down with alzheimer's and am unable to make an intelligent decision, so I will vote for the corrupt, incompetant scum because I think he is doing a really good job....

Old 10-17-2011, 12:15 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
I voted for Obama in '08, but will not vote for him in 2012, because he turned out to be a liar. His own friggin' platform was that he would end the wars, bring the troops home and close the Guantanamo bay. Not only did he not do any of that, he started NEW wars, and now is drumming it up for another one with Iran. Plus, there is the stimulus, bailouts, Patriot Act and many more. Simply put - he never lived up to the expectations and turned out to be worse than Bush.

He will lose the White House this time.
Funny, I voted for him in 2008 for the same reasons you did. In fact, if it wasn't for Obama being a liar and everything, I wouldn't have bothered to look at Ron Paul and break free of the stupid D-R political football game

Old 10-17-2011, 12:31 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I did not vote for obama in 2008 because at that time, I still had half a brain. Since that time I have come down with alzheimer's and am unable to make an intelligent decision, so I will vote for the corrupt, incompetant scum because I think he is doing a really good job....
Hey, a vote's a vote, so thanks!

(yes, I realize yours was a feeble attempt at sarcasm)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections