Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 07:40 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Perry's specialty is dirty politics from what I have read and he intends to make this one attackfest after another. The fear is that his campaign will go so brutal on the attacks against Romney that it will hurt him in the general election.
One of our local REPUBLICAN commentators recently wrote of Perry that a successful candidate can be dumb or mean but being both is a bad combination. Winning support of the entire country as a whole is different than winning in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 11:05 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
lets face it, your candidate dicided not to run so everyone is awful in your view...I have my doubts anyone would satisfy you.

NIta
Hey, don't have ANY 'doubts'........because NONE of these horrible choices for POTUSA will 'satisfy' me! And I hope and pray they don't satisfy you...or America either!

If you compromise and vote for any of these...you'll be a 'sucker' and have another 4 years of misery! That's where America is NOW...for getting 'suckered' by a con-man 3 years ago.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Hey, don't have ANY 'doubts'........because NONE of these horrible choices for POTUSA will 'satisfy' me! And I hope and pray they don't satisfy you...or America either!

If you compromise and vote for any of these...you'll be a 'sucker' and have another 4 years of misery! That's where America is NOW...for getting 'suckered' by a con-man 3 years ago.
so you think it is better not to vote at all, what kind of thinking is that?

Nita

Old 10-29-2011, 11:47 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:

Nita

LOL...Where has your 'kind of thinking' gotten us?

Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
One of our local REPUBLICAN commentators recently wrote of Perry that a successful candidate can be dumb or mean but being both is a bad combination. Winning support of the entire country as a whole is different than winning in Texas.

Well, I hope they are right, but this far from over. Perry has the right wing media doing a lot of his dirty work also and we have seen what the media can do to influence voters that don't read or research for themselves in the last election. I am afraid Mitt Romney has an uphill climb against a lot of odds that are not in his favor. Whatever happens, people will get what they deserve.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:27 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Well, I hope they are right, but this far from over. Perry has the right wing media doing a lot of his dirty work also and we have seen what the media can do to influence voters that don't read or research for themselves in the last election. I am afraid Mitt Romney has an uphill climb against a lot of odds that are not in his favor. Whatever happens, people will get what they deserve.
I did plenty of research on Obama and have been quite happy with him thus far. I will happily be voting him again next year.

As for Perry, there's nothing the media can do to save him now. Most Republicans down here in Texas can't stand him.

Romney has no uphill climb. The GOP establishment will force the Romney hand. I fully expect Ron Paul or someone to take plenty of votes away from Romney which will be yet another reason Obama wins.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,175,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I did plenty of research on Obama and have been quite happy with him thus far. I will happily be voting him again next year.

As for Perry, there's nothing the media can do to save him now. Most Republicans down here in Texas can't stand him.

Romney has no uphill climb. The GOP establishment will force the Romney hand. I fully expect Ron Paul or someone to take plenty of votes away from Romney which will be yet another reason Obama wins.

If you were a Romney supporter you would probably see it differently. People see things from their own perspective most of the time.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:57 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
He's done.

Perry backer in New Hampshire says Texan “isn’t going to beat Obama,” switches to Romney | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President

No way he can recover from this. I'd say a Romney nomination is inevitable, thus giving us a close race in 2012.

It won't be that close...

Old 10-30-2011, 07:13 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,627,441 times
Quote:

Nita
On the national level it is not worth my effort. That is right, both parties are insane..........they will run this country further and further into the ground. Welcome to a country that will soon resemble a scene from a Mad Max Movie.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:24 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,639,128 times
Would a Romney/Newt ticket be impossible ? Newt is smart and it would give him a chance to redeem himself although I think he is under the thumb of his current wife, which bothers me greatly.

I don't think I would vote for Ron Paul and I can't really tell you why ? He just doesn't resonate with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections