Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
You see but Cain's debate "style" feeds on the ignorance and soundbite driven culture of America. Cain never really says anything of substance, he just throws out crap (often times completely absurd) and says it a condescending and arrogant tone and for some reason people eat it up. Even though Newt "I heart individual mandates" Gingrich is an establishment neocon statist at least he has real policy ideas and is informed on the issues. Herman Cain is a completely empty suit.
whatever!!! You have one candidate and that is all you can see: Most of us are a little more open minded. We want to see and hear what they all have to say. If Cain has nothing of substance to say, it will show tonight.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 03:53 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,983,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
whatever!!! You have one candidate and that is all you can see: Most of us are a little more open minded. We want to see and hear what they all have to say. If Cain has nothing of substance to say, it will show tonight.

Nita
Yes "whatever" indeed, I've heard them all before. I've heard multiple-choice Mitt and his multitude of stances and positions, I've heard Herman Cain and 999 more times than I can count. Though I was young, I remember Newt Gingrich and the "Contract with America," he's a baggage filled establishment retread. This tells me all I need to know about Newt:

Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube

Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, these are all establishment neocon statists and their positions are indistinguishable from one another. None of these statists are offering anything different than what we currently have in the White House.

So "whatever" keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Open minded? There is little difference between the other candidates except for Ron Paul. All are for big government and none have offered up actual budget cuts. Just more money for Republican causes instead of more money for democratic causes. Fight fire with fire as we all burn.
Although some are at least talking about the Federal Reserve.

Since when has Cain said anything of substance? Although I would like to thank him for enlightening me on the Chinese nuclear program.
If I was a democrat and saw Cain as the front runner I would be howling with laughter.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM

400 posts, read 294,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Open minded? There is little difference between the other candidates except for Ron Paul. All are for big government and none have offered up actual budget cuts. Just more money for Republican causes instead of more money for democratic causes. Fight fire with fire as we all burn.
Although some are at least talking about the Federal Reserve.

Since when has Cain said anything of substance? Although I would like to thank him for enlightening me on the Chinese nuclear program.
If I was a democrat and saw Cain as the front runner I would be howling with laughter.
Well, I'm a Democrat (not technically, but I vote for them more often than I vote for Republicans) but I find Cain little more than interesting-- he has no serious campaign infrastructure and little more chance of being the GOP nominee than myself.

But he is a curious phenomenon...

Old 11-05-2011, 04:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You'd be very giddy indeed, as it would guarantee a win for Obama

Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Well, the debate is over. It will be rebroadcast later tonight (10:30EST). No rancor. Rule was no Cain scandal talk. The debate went as I expected. Where Cain has overall ideas, Newt has detail and in my opinion, won the debate...which was more like a conversation among friends There are things I don't agree with but clearly, it seems to me, Newt's ideas are more fleshed out than Cain's.

But the issue for me remains - Does Newt Gingrich have the ability to execute/implement his ideas? There is nothing in his history that suggests to me that he's ever even sought a job where he's had to run anything big, implement his ideas and deal with problems related to those ideas after implementation.

The time alotted for response, by the way, was a heck of a lot better than any "debate" we've seen thus far.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:34 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Don't you guys get it? This was no "debate". This was a farce and just setting the stage for Newt to be Cain's VP.

But as always, Cain's immense knowledge on matters was on display though.

Herman Cain Answer Fail At Houston Tea Party Patriots Pac "Debate" - YouTube

Old 11-05-2011, 10:57 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,813,448 times
Cain has started to remind me of Palin.

Back in 2008, Palin's incompetence and lack of knowledge was on brazen display during various interviews and speeches, especially foreign policy (sounds familiar?). For someone who was running for the VP slot, she could not even say what the duties of a VP were, when asked on 4 different occasions, months apart. While none of this fazed her devoted GOP base and only energized them, moderates, independents and anyone else with brains were absolutely scared off by her. It was this segment that the McCain/Palin ticket needed to win over and failed to, and I still think that the reason McCain lost the election was because of Palin. I see the same thing happening with Cain.

His brainwashed GOP base is not paying attention to how utterly incompetent Cain is, and is pushing him to be the nominee. In doing so, in the general election, the Republicans will be handing over the election to Obama. People who are pushing Cain in spite of his incompetence is not realizing that everyone else is watching this unfold too and would remember Cain's gaffes. And chances are, he will continue to commit them so they will never have to forget how bad he is. It takes years of experience to become competent in history, economics and foreign policy, and is not something you can learn on the fly in between running to speaking engagements.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
I caught some of it, this article sums it up. I like some of the ideas, but tossing out ideas is easy, the hard part is getting them implemented. I view Newt as a serious candidate, but can't consider Cain as anything other than somewhat entertaining.
Cain and Gingrich agree more than they debate | Rick Perry 2012 Campaign for President
I don't think either one of them gained much from this exchange.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:42 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Why in the heck do the republi-cons continue to think these idiots are credible candidates and that they can run our country? It's pathetic and it's scary.
Why in the heck do the dumbo-crats continue to think that Obama is re-electable when he has PROVEN that he CAN'T run our country?
It's beyond pathetic and scary for three years now. But stick with your idiot, you're useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections