Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 04:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

that is not the middle class fighting back, that is public unions fighting back and nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 04:34 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because it was a bad proposal.
I don't understand why people are so against worker protections.
teapublicans are against worker protections because they believe in screwing the next person for your own personnel gain. They believe if you can get a slave you should. They got their brains beat out in the civil war and so now they are trying to slowly enslave others by reducing the poor and middle class to nothing but wage slave. Just like the people of Haiti who make .25 per hour. They want this for America. These are the same people as the old south Democrats. Different name same game. Only this time its not by race. They want slaves of all races. Wake up people.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that is not the middle class fighting back, that is public unions fighting back and nothing more.
There is no middle class with out the unions watching the republicans. We would be living like the people of Haiti if not for the unions. Oh I know the rich would let a crumb or two fall to their most loyal a$$ kissing peasants but no midle class would exist. Thats the war that must be won.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:40 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Oh, I got it now. 60% of the voters yesterday in Ohio were Union people. Hey, maybe even from out of state....

Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
A win for the middle classA big time loss for the tea party. Save em captain

Please try to follow along here because you may find this complicated.

Union benefits are outrageously expensive for taxpayers.

The middle class has to pay the bill for these benefits.

Most people in the middle class are not union members.

So.....How is this possibly a win for the middle class?

Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 AM

Default Another tea party defeat.........

Election measures against unions, abortion defeated | Reuters

I told you the tea party has woke up the middle class and poor to what has been happening to us from people like them for years. Thanks for the wake up tea party now don't try and run now. We see now why the Obama election made you crazy.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
if only that was true. Obamacare vote in Ohio was largly symbolic because state constitutions can not conflict with federal laws, but it does say a lot about what the voting public, in particular unions and middle class americans think of Obama and his bill.
The Supreme Court will make the decision about the Mandate. It is critical to the funding of the Exchange. Without it, HC Law will need to have a Public Option for people to choose..... Hmmmm.....?????

Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
You know, if this trend continues, I might actually thank the tea party for coming into existence and getting elected--and showing us just how ugly, twisted and hateful the far right really is.

The fact that they consistently vilify our country's firefighters, police officers, teachers and other regular Americans for doing their jobs while they treat the top one percent as objects of worship while some of them drove this country into a recession) astounds me. I hope this is the beginning of the end for these people.(

Old 11-09-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Please try to follow along here because you may find this complicated.

Union benefits are outrageously expensive for taxpayers.

The middle class has to pay the bill for these benefits.

Most people in the middle class are not union members.

So.....How is this possibly a win for the middle class?
The majority of the people see teapublicans now for what they are. Front lines soldiers in the war against the middle class and poor of this country.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
You know, if this trend continues, I might actually thank the tea party for coming into existence and getting elected--and showing us just how ugly, twisted and hateful the far right really is.

The fact that they consistently vilify our country's firefighters, police officers, teachers and other regular Americans for doing their jobs while they treat the top one percent as objects of worship while some of them drove this country into a recession) astounds me. I hope this is the beginning of the end for these people.(
I am grateful for them. Without their help it would look like Obama caused all this. Instead the tea party has shown the front line of the wage slave war fought by them for 40 years now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections