Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"Voters in Ohio are poised to vote no on a referendum on Gov. John Kasich’s (R) anti-union bill, according to a new poll.
Public Policy Polling (PPP) found that 59 percent of voters oppose SB 5, while just 36 percent plan to approve it during Tuesday’s election."

also because of the governor's attack on the middle class:

"Gov. Kasich’s own approval numbers have tanked since he has signed the bill. He was elected by a 55-37 margin over former Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland, but now only 33 percent of voters approve of the job he’s doing, making him one of the most disliked governors in the nation."

Looks like another win for the middle class over the fascist right

Poll: Ohio anti-union bill headed for defeat | The Raw Story
yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
hahaha... wishful thinking, chump!
well that should get you some time off CD.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Yes it is. These thugs want us to pay, and pay and pay for their luxurious life style, while we sacrifice for our families.

Well, I'm sick of these fat cat union employees.
You've got that backwards, it's the fat cat fascist right wing tea baggers that are destroying communities by giving lavish paying jobs on taxpayer dime and handouts to their corporate cronies, while trying to destroy hard working middle class families to pay for it,..

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
"Voters in Ohio are poised to vote no on a referendum on Gov. John Kasich’s (R) anti-union bill, according to a new poll.
Public Policy Polling (PPP) found that 59 percent of voters oppose SB 5, while just 36 percent plan to approve it during Tuesday’s election."

also because of the governor's attack on the middle class:

"Gov. Kasich’s own approval numbers have tanked since he has signed the bill. He was elected by a 55-37 margin over former Democratic Gov. Ted Strickland, but now only 33 percent of voters approve of the job he’s doing, making him one of the most disliked governors in the nation."

Looks like another win for the middle class over the fascist right

Poll: Ohio anti-union bill headed for defeat | The Raw Story
The fact of the matter is, the public cannot afford to keep paying these huge benefit and retirement packages to PUBLIC employees. They work for us. WE pay these people out of tax money.

If you want to see your taxes go UP, then vote no. If you want to put Ohio on sound fiscal footing, and restore responsibility and control spending, VOTE YES ON 2.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
It's "pro-taxpayer", not "anti-worker".

I'm all for it.

Then again, I hope it gets defeated. I hope that the municipalities in Ohio start going bankrupt and they all lose their pensions.

They are like pigs at a troth.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yes it is. These thugs want us to pay, and pay and pay for their luxurious life style, while we sacrifice for our families.

Well, I'm sick of these fat cat union employees.

I'm voting YES on 2!!! And so are my Ohio FB friends (Tea Partiers all and proud of it!).
Real popular group right there I tell you.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
You've got that backwards, it's the fat cat fascist right wing tea baggers that are destroying communities by giving lavish paying jobs on taxpayer dime and handouts to their corporate cronies, while trying to destroy hard working middle class families to pay for it,..
Um, the jobs you are speaking of are police, firefighters, and teachers.

Maybe you dont understand that this bill deals with PUBLIC employees, not private.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:46 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Maybe you dont understand that this bill deals with PUBLIC employees, not private.
That's okay.

The left won't be happy until all of us work for the state.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Not every government employee is in a union, but i'm sure you knew that
Scott Walker just for example gave a campaign donor's highly unqualified son a cushy government job to the tune of $81,500 all on taxpayer dime. This is how the right wing cronies work,...

Old 11-07-2011, 03:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Not every government employee is in a union, but i'm sure you knew that
Scott Walker just for example gave a campaign donor's highly unqualified son a cushy government job to the tune of $81,500 all on taxpayer dime. This is how the right wing cronies work,...
Wouldnt your "lavish paying jobs on the taxpayer dime" also apply to union employees, or is it only the pay of the non-union employees you think which come at a cost to the taxpayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections