Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:33 AM

187 posts, read 181,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Speaking of imbeciles...pot meet kettle..lol. Isn't it interesting that if Reagan were demented when he took office (and he wasn't), he still did a much better job than Obama has. Doesn't say much for his leadership, does it?
Reagan (or the horoscope) was just another rerpublican tax increaser and big spender ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:44 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nixon was left of center by today's standards.
Only because congress at the time was overwhelmingly to the left compared to recent years.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Why should we be surprised that all the current presidential GOP candidates are just a bunch of imbiciles. I think you have to go all the way back to Nixon in order to find the last competent GOP leader, after him, we had Reagan, who was clearly demented since elected in 1980, making many of his decissions based on the horoscope, then we had Quayle- a picture perfect illiterate moron, crowned by baby bush the perpetrator of the worst presidency ever. I think it all stems from the base of the party which is made out of religious fanatics, racist and intolerant groups, the uneducated, radical haters etc., if you squeeze lemons, you should expect lemonade....
I pretty much agree with you. The first Bush was competent, though -- and Dole probably would have been competent too, but the party had already morphed into a cult by 1996, and he had to make promises to the cult leaders to do as they say to secure the nomination. So, his candidacy would have been bad too.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:15 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Why should we be surprised that all the current presidential GOP candidates are just a bunch of imbiciles. I think you have to go all the way back to Nixon in order to find the last competent GOP leader, after him, we had Reagan, who was clearly demented since elected in 1980, making many of his decissions based on the horoscope, then we had Quayle- a picture perfect illiterate moron, crowned by baby bush the perpetrator of the worst presidency ever. I think it all stems from the base of the party which is made out of religious fanatics, racist and intolerant groups, the uneducated, radical haters etc., if you squeeze lemons, you should expect lemonade....
I notice you make these kind of posts all of the time. Where's the substantiation?

Old 11-12-2011, 11:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
When are you going to start posting something that is postive and true about your pick instead of the negatives about all the candidates that you do not agree with? I am beginning to think you are related to A-Lexus.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 PM

187 posts, read 181,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
When are you going to start posting something that is postive and true about your pick instead of the negatives about all the candidates that you do not agree with? I am beginning to think you are related to A-Lexus.

Sorrry, I'm still trying to find something positive to say about these idiots, the only one I like is Huntsman, but he is intelligent, which is not an acceptable trait in the GOP, he should jump to the Democratic party.....

Old 11-12-2011, 10:14 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I pretty much agree with you. The first Bush was competent, though -- and Dole probably would have been competent too, but the party had already morphed into a cult by 1996, and he had to make promises to the cult leaders to do as they say to secure the nomination. So, his candidacy would have been bad too.
Agreed. Bush I was far more level-headed than Reagan. Dole was smart, and so is Romney. Reagan was no Einstein, but a superb politician and crazy like a fox. He also compromised on occasion. What a bunch of RINOs!

I really don't know why this crop is so terrible. I am calling it the Tea Party effect. Where complete far right lunacy is considered mainstream. Just axe all the government agencies you can think of, and even some you can't recall.

No indedendent would touch most of these folks with a 100 foot pole.

It's breaking my heart!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Agreed. Bush I was far more level-headed than Reagan. Dole was smart, and so is Romney. Reagan was no Einstein, but a superb politician and crazy like a fox. He also compromised on occasion. What a bunch of RINOs!

I really don't know why this crop is so terrible. I am calling it the Tea Party effect. Where complete far right lunacy is considered mainstream. Just axe all the government agencies you can think of, and even some you can't recall.

No indedendent would touch most of these folks with a 100 foot pole.

It's breaking my heart!
"and even some you can't recall" ...lol. Yep. It's insane. It's like the GOP has finally gone supernova with the John Birchers consuming the whole.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:51 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
The pro-illegal immigrant left on this forum can't post something that doesn't fall along the lines of "Democrats good, Republicans bad; Huntsman good, everyone else crazy"

Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
So you post a paragraph of raging hate, to denounce radical haters? Interesting.

And showing your fear of the current bunch of candidates. All you do is call them names, and mock them, with what amounts to a list of complete LIES.

Good for a laugh, though. The incoherent ramblings of the demented mind is always entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections