Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:17 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Yes I actually do have a way of knowing that, its called the "internets"

Pelley's political slant is very easy to discover. He has a man crush on Obama and is in love with Hillary C.

Pelley's Liberal Path to the Anchor Chair

Here is Pelley in 2008 with John McCain:

60 Minutes: Can't See Palin as President, 'Fact' Race Costs Obama --9/22/2008-- Media Research Center

Pelley is a total dufus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 10:24 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,831,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
It basically boiled down to supporting torture, more war, more assassinations of US citizens, more dictatorial powers for the Executive branch, and more trillion dollar War Machine vs. Ron Paul (and Jon Huntsman on torture).
LMAO.

If you don't mind I would like to rephrase your post slightly...

It basically boiled down to supporting torture, more war, more assassinations of US citizens, more dictatorial powers for the Executive branch, and more trillion dollar War Machine vs. 90 seconds worth of intelligence fromRon Paul (and Jon Huntsman on torture).

Both Paul and Huntsman got shut out. Paul only had 90 seconds of time in the hour that was broadcast in most of the country, I got to watch the second part live and he only had another question or so. Huntsman had about the same amount of time.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
LMAO.

If you don't mind I would like to rephrase your post slightly...

It basically boiled down to supporting torture, more war, more assassinations of US citizens, more dictatorial powers for the Executive branch, and more trillion dollar War Machine vs. 90 seconds worth of intelligence fromRon Paul (and Jon Huntsman on torture).

Both Paul and Huntsman got shut out. Paul only had 90 seconds of time in the hour that was broadcast in most of the country, I got to watch the second part live and he only had another question or so. Huntsman had about the same amount of time.

Huntsman actually had more time tonight than he has probably in any debate. Why??? I have no idea. Huntsman, Bachmann and Santorum all had quite a bit of focus and they are barely even polling enough to be at the debate.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:41 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,293 times
I swear, I simply do NOT understand the way the far right wingers minds work. How can anyone watch the debates and not realize that Huntsman made more sense in the 90 seconds he was given to speak than all the rest did put together. I will exempt Ron Paul from that statement because, though I disagree with him on most issues, he is clearly intelligent and consistent in his beliefs. But I would just think that anyone who actually cares about this country would want someone intelligent, thoughtful, and sensible who has actually well reasoned responses to the urgent issues of today. And yet Huntsman is ignored and the clowns are given all the attention. Maybe the media really does want the republicans to choose an idiot so there is no real contest at the time of the election in 2012.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM

535 posts, read 586,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I swear, I simply do NOT understand the way the far right wingers minds work. How can anyone watch the debates and not realize that Huntsman made more sense in the 90 seconds he was given to speak than all the rest did put together. I will exempt Ron Paul from that statement because, though I disagree with him on most issues, he is clearly intelligent and consistent in his beliefs. But I would just think that anyone who actually cares about this country would want someone intelligent, thoughtful, and sensible who has actually well reasoned responses to the urgent issues of today. And yet Huntsman is ignored and the clowns are given all the attention. Maybe the media really does want the republicans to choose an idiot so there is no real contest at the time of the election in 2012.

your pretty much correct, but the debating structure of 1 minute answers, does not give the candidates enough time to really explain much of anything, so they have to come up with their own short sound bites

Old 11-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Huntsman actually had more time tonight than he has probably in any debate. Why??? I have no idea. Huntsman, Bachmann and Santorum all had quite a bit of focus and they are barely even polling enough to be at the debate.
I don't think that you got to watch the last 30 minutes, but during that time the moderator actually said to Bachmann, "Don't worry theres a system in place" when she wanted to talk out of turn. What that system was I'd like to know. CBS shouldn't be allowed to have anymore GOP debates. Even CNN did a better job with their debacle, I mean debate.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I have no problem with Huntsman. He seems like a very accomplished and intelligent person, however he has run a terrible campaign. He was given a lot of attention when he announced and he floundered it. I wouldn't vote for him though, than again the only one on that stage tonight I would vote for is the peace candidate, Ron Paul.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I don't think that you got to watch the last 30 minutes, but during that time the moderator actually said to Bachmann, "Don't worry theres a system in place" when she wanted to talk out of turn. What that system was I'd like to know. CBS shouldn't be allowed to have anymore GOP debates. Even CNN did a better job with their debacle, I mean debate.
Your are right I didn't see the last 30 minutes and it was the most horrific debate I have tried to watch. I wonder what that system was myself. I sure couldn't figure it out. Pelley was cutting people off before their time was up and not allowing any rebuttal at times. It was terrible.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:58 PM

535 posts, read 586,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Your are right I didn't see the last 30 minutes and it was the most horrific debate I have tried to watch. I wonder what that system was myself. I sure couldn't figure it out. Pelley was cutting people off before their time was up and not allowing any rebuttal at times. It was terrible.

they said the structure before they started people... 1 minute answers, followed by an option 30 second response by another candidate or follow up question

Old 11-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:

It is not that Huntsman and even Ron Paul are not intelligent, it is that they do not represent what most conservative Republicans believe in supporting. Ron Paul, with the exception of his foreign policy ideas, might come closer than Huntsman overall. If they don't even want to get on board with Mitt Romney who is regardless of the propoganda, pretty conservative on most issues, how do you think they will embrace Huntsman or Ron Paul.

When measuring intelligence, most of those running are very intelligent people. Because they don't espouse your beliefs, doesn't make them less intelligent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections