Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
YES! 3 18.75%
NO! 13 81.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:10 PM

23,995 posts, read 15,096,054 times

Advertisements

Anybody who is trying to be the leader of the free world should be able to answer the non gotcha question.

I took Cain to say he could not know if he agreed or not as he was not privy to same information as Obama. If that is true, it would make it hard to be critical of any decision made by POTUS. Don't know what you'd do unless you have the same information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 04:15 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,553,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Can I change my vote?

I want to vote that it was a gotcha question and Cain got got.
Does that mean you just got got by the gotcha question question?

Old 11-15-2011, 04:21 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Im not a Herman Cain fan nor am I a Republican but sometimes I wonder. Does our insistence that candidates have all the perfect answers all the time deprive us of meaningful dialogue that could yield even better and more concise solutions?

Id rather have a poor speaker who actually gets things done than a fantastic speaker who gets nothing done-oh wait.

Oh who am I kidding, Im voting for Obama again but only because the GOP is too stupid to make Huntsman their nomination.
let's be fair.

your guy isn't a rocket scientist, either:

obama...stumbling about healthcare - YouTube

and there are plenty more on you tube if you look.

the problem for cain is that the media wouldn't let him slide if he was the nominee, but they would let obama-so slipping up is a bigger handicap for cain.

as far as huntsman, anybody who pays energy bills would NOT want huntsman, because he can't wait to get his hand in your pocket.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Poor Herman, I just wish people would leave him alone. No wonder nobody wants to run for President anymore.
WHAT?? Leave him alone? LEAVE HIM ALONE? He's running for PRESIDENT! We didn't go to his house as a private citizen and but him with "gotcha" questions about CURRENT EVENTS, he's running for President of the United States of America. The "leader of the free world!" He can't even remember what said his own country is on in a war that was started while he was running for President! My god, I'm not a populist by any means, I never subscribed to the creed of "the first 100 people in the Boston phone book could a better job," but I feel really confident I could pull a stranger off the street and they could string together a much more coherent response than this joke! No, I hope NO ONE leaves him alone until he does the right thing and drops out. So long as one American looks at that clown and thinks "yeah, I'd vote for him," I fear for our country.

I don't really like Sarah Palin, but I'll admit she was asked some semi-off the wall questions. This however, was not an off the wall question, this wasn't "gotcha" in the least. This is a question about a current event and very relevant to our foreign policy. It's not even that he put out a poor answer, it's that he couldn't even answer it! Every time I hear Herman Cain speak this clip just plays in my head:

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon) - YouTube

Old 11-15-2011, 04:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Quote:
Im not a Herman Cain fan nor am I a Republican but sometimes I wonder. Does our insistence that candidates have all the perfect answers all the time deprive us of meaningful dialogue that could yield even better and more concise solutions?

Id rather have a poor speaker who actually gets things done than a fantastic speaker who gets nothing done-oh wait.

Oh who am I kidding, Im voting for Obama again but only because the GOP is too stupid to make Huntsman their nomination.
+1

Huntsman is the one who can beat Obama, but Republicans are too stupid to support him. Oh well, four more years!

Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
It painfully reminds me of being a 11th grader who has been called on but didn't read the assigned readings the night before and tries to bs his way through the question.
He should exit stage front... The front as in the 20 ft drop off...

Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,699,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Amazing to watch him stumble for 5 minutes responding to a very easy question about Libya. Something most school children would have probably given a better response to.

Can anyone after watching the video tell me Cain should still be in the race?
What an idiot Herman Cain was for not writing down answers on his hand a-la Sarah Palin.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
All the perfect answers? Hell with half the buffoons we run I'd settle for a coherent response, no one's demanding perfect.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Does that mean you just got got by the gotcha question question?

Are you referring to THE gotcha question, that got Cain then got me because I got confused as to what constituted a got you question? I'm asking so that we are clear about the gotcha question that you are asking because right at the moment all these gotchas are buzzing around in my head.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Are you referring to THE gotcha question, that got Cain then got me because I got confused as to what constituted a got you question? I'm asking so that we are clear about the gotcha question that you are asking because right at the moment all these gotchas are buzzing around in my head.
It could have been "what is your name?" "Uhhh... Umm... Err... Let me be clear on this.."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections