Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,715,233 times

Advertisements

This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is worth to you.

I work in rural and I work in metro areas everyday and back and forth.
Politics comes up all the time with people I meet and people that are my clients for the day.

It can be a touchy subject, so the tactic you use discussing politics with a stranger may be not as forthcoming as it would be at home.

Everyone likes Ron Paul. They may not like one or two things, but they are not deal breakers. I just say "Ya, the Constitution is a little hard to understand at times, isn't it". The answer is always, "YES, it is".

I'm seeing way more support for Ron Paul than any other guy running for office and that includes Obama.

Ron Paul seems to be the talk of the town, when politics comes up.
The main part of the discussion is, why the media was not letting Ron's message out, because it is an awesome message of the Constitution, not to be heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,958,798 times
Here in Philly it doesn't seem like Ron Paul is getting much support. That is mostly because people are unaware. There's no negative talk about Paul (or Hunstman) like there is for every other Republican candidate. The only signs I have seen are for Ron Paul or Obama.

But everytime I talk to an Obama supporter I can convince them fairly easily that Ron Paul is the man they should be supporting.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:11 AM

106 posts, read 157,778 times
Ever since Cain dropped out and Perry has knocked himself into the bottom tier (and can't make a comeback), mainstream media has been determined to shove "Newt Romney" down everyone's throats as if they are the only two qualified candidates, and just write off everyone else with biased polls claiming "everyone else is polling in single digits". I don't take these polls seriously as the only votes that matter to me are the ones that actually count in the primaries/caucus, but Paul's support is obviously higher than 10% in Iowa, and we still don't know where the 30-40% of the GOP voter base supporting Gingrich is.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:24 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,506,724 times
He's going to surprise many people by the support he gets in the Iowa caucus voting.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:28 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
He's going to surprise many people by the support he gets in the Iowa caucus voting.
In Deed

Ron Paul Gaining Steam in Iowa - Interviews - Your World with Cavuto - Fox News

Old 12-15-2011, 07:47 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times
Is it just me, or is Ron Paul getting way more support than is reported?

I think he's getting WAY more support around here than they are reporting...his sticker is on the back of a third of the pickups running around here and his is the ONLY signs I see .....And I'm not a supporter of his,just an unbiased opinion.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:11 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,302,882 times
I think so, too. I think the media has been given the directive from their executive leadership to completely downplay any polling results that show him gaining traction or even coming out ahead, all under the guise of him being "unelectable".

Don't get me wrong, I'm no rabid supporter of Ron Paul, and I certainly don't agree with all his views. However, I admire his consistency and don't think he is is in the pocket of corporate special interests (like Newt, Romney and especially Perry) or the religious right (Santorum, Bachmann).

The only other candidate who comes close, I think, is Huntsman. I like the way he refuses to play up to lowest common denominators of the Republican base.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,299,175 times
The main stream media is owned by corporate Amerika who ignores anyone they have not bought and paid for.
The game is fixed.
Ron Paul tells the truth which makes him an enemy of the press.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:22 AM

1,147 posts, read 910,638 times
Hannity was clearly defending Newt last night. When that pundit, forget his name, tried to talk about how Newt got slammed, Hannity shut him up REAL fast.

This is why I have no respect for that guy. He's a relic that needs to go away.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:23 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,098,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I think so, too. I think the media has been given the directive from their executive leadership to completely downplay any polling results that show him gaining traction or even coming out ahead, all under the guise of him being "unelectable".

Don't get me wrong, I'm no rabid supporter of Ron Paul, and I certainly don't agree with all his views. However, I admire his consistency and don't think he is is in the pocket of corporate special interests (like Newt, Romney and especially Perry) or the religious right (Santorum, Bachmann).

The only other candidate who comes close, I think, is Huntsman. I like the way he refuses to play up to lowest common denominators of the Republican base.
I agree,but you see where it has gotten him...the lowest life forms are the current makers or breakers of the repub party.

You can always tell without fail who is the sleaziest politician in any political race,who did Rupert Murdoch donate to and who is FOX gushing over.That'll tell you within a few seconds who is your lowest life form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections