Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:18 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,584,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not going to lie - a Paul Presidency for me, would be heaven on earth -
politically. And, I'm an atheist

I was being facetious (KIDDING) See - when you see the wink
it represents "tongue n' cheek", e.g. response to Paul being
the Messiah I think the video of the animals should have given
you a clue

Seriously, Ron Paul won't change the world we live in now....
but he will put the USA on a direct path - anti militarism and
anti deficit.

Man could NEVER live that type of Utopia. We're too
war driven - and that, ... I am not joking about.

Is Ron Paul the answer? - as far as I can see - he's the best we
have for now. It will get better when we change the environment
of D.C. - a "REAL" message has to be sent.

I thought the videos were pretty - a good wake up - Good Morning

This post should be a wake up call for all of those who are Christian AND supporting Ron Paul. Ron Paul would push an atheist agenda.

It would be like jumping from the frying pan and into the fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,975,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
With a Ron Paul presidency, America would...

-Look like the early 1900s with smoke and toxins spewing into the air about every major city
-Companies would be allowed to pollute the environment without recourse
-Rivers and streams would resemble oil slicks
-8 year old children would be losing their little fingers working in factories and sweatshops
-Child abuse and child molestation would not be prosecuted
-African Americans and any one else who is not a White male property owner would be openly and actively discriminated against in housing and employment; movement would also be restricted
-Lynchings and other atrocities (rapes, assaults) would be commonplace and would go unprosecuted
-ANY and ALL Christian references would be removed from any government buildings, monuments, and from the currency
LOL, this really made my day. I sincerely hope you don't believe any of this crap.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,038,982 times
Quote:
This post should be a wake up call for all of those who are Christian AND supporting Ron Paul. Ron Paul would push an atheist agenda.

I am positive that Christians across the nation are secure in their faith,
as is Ron Paul

Paul follows Just Wars Principles, and the "Constitution".

Here's a definition and links to many "Christians" who agree. Paul
is in good company

Just War Principles

Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:
-Look like the early 1900s with smoke and toxins spewing into the air about every major city

FALSE

False

False

-8 year old children would be losing their little fingers working in factories and sweatshops

False

False

-African Americans and any one else who is not a White male property owner would be openly and actively discriminated against in housing and employment; movement would also be restricted

False

-Lynchings and other atrocities (rapes, assaults) would be commonplace and would go unprosecuted

False

-ANY and ALL Christian references would be removed from any government buildings, monuments, and from the currency

False

Talk about fear mongering with no facts!
Propaganda at it's finest. Goebbels, would be proud.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,593,580 times
He would be like President Grover Cleveland
“Simply put, freedom is the absence of government coercion. The Constitution established a very limited, decentralized government to provide national defense and little else. Any government coercion beyond that necessary to secure those rights was forbidden. This reflected the founders’ belief that democratic government could be as tyrannical as any King. Few Americans understand that all government action is inherently coercive. If nothing else, government action requires taxes. If taxes were freely paid, they wouldn’t be called taxes, they’d be called donations. If we intend to use the word freedom in an honest way, we should have the simple integrity to give it real meaning: Freedom is living without government coercion.”
- Congressman Ron Paul, 2006
"When more of the people's substance is exacted through the form of taxation than is necessary to meet the just obligations of the Government and the expense of its economical administration, such exaction becomes ruthless extortion and a violation of the fundamental principles of a free government."
- President Grover Cleveland, 1886

Following the veto of a bill to appropriate $10,000 to purchase seed grain for farmers, Cleveland said:
“I can find no warrant for such an appropriation in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the general government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit. A prevalent tendency to disregard the limited mission of this power and duty should, I think, be steadfastly resisted, to the end that the lesson should be constantly enforced that, though the people support the government, the government should not support the people. The friendliness and charity of our countrymen can always be relied upon to relieve their fellow-citizens in misfortune. This has been repeatedly and quite lately demonstrated. Federal aid in such cases encourages the expectation of paternal care on the part of the government and weakens the sturdiness of our national character, while it prevents the indulgence among our people of that kindly sentiment and conduct which strengthens the bonds of a common brotherhood

and he was a strict non-interventionist.
Is Ron Paul the Reincarnation of Grover Cleveland?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:11 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,944,594 times
Quote:
Return to sender
Business as usual, government can't deliver.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:27 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,944,594 times
Quote:

That's not true. Learn about property rights and how someone can sue a company when that company isn't protected by government. We were founded on property rights. You should understand instead of making things up.

Quote:
You have no proof of that. Is it because family members or people you know do it and get away with it? I cannot see how else you could draw that conclusion.

Quote:
You have no proof of that. Big government caused that mess. Trying to run peoples lives. Not respecting the individual and property rights. Yet you are for more of that very same disease? Big government can save us, they can make decisions about your life better than you can. What does that say about your thinking?
Quite often your posts are racist/sexist in nature. You come across as someone anti white and anti male. Try judging the individual on their accomplishments instead of this disingenuous group think mentality.

Quote:
You have no proof of that. Is it because family members or people you know do it and get away with it? I cannot see how else you could draw that conclusion.

Quote:
Government needs to be nuetral when it comes to religion. It shouldn't force itself on people.

Funny how you think it's okay to use force for things you are in favor of but dont want force used against you when you disagree with Big Government.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,584,019 times
Ron Paul would burn down the White House because it is symbolic of "big government".

Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM

4,089 posts, read 2,421,401 times
Ron Paul presidency would look like "Alice in Wonderland." He reminds me of the Cheshire cat, smiling all the time,lolol. Ron Paul=pure fantasy!!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,775,328 times
Quote:

You have confused freedom of religion, which Paul supports as written in the US. Constitution, with freedom from religion, which is an atheist agenda to turn government into our faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections