Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
I admire the fact that Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney is really two people trapped in one body: a liberal, pro-choice, pro-gun control, pro-ObamaCare, pro-stimulus, anti-Reagan, self-described "progressive", and a conservative, pro-life, anti-gun control, anti-RomneyCare, anti-stimulus, pro-Reagan Republican.

Some people may think having split-personality disorder is a negative, but I like his flexibility. Perhaps he should debate himself one day. That would be fun to watch.
Isn't your sarcasum (spelling) breaking the rules the poster asked us not to do? Too bad, some people just can't find positives to say.

As for his stand on illegals and his hiring them to maintain his million $ mansion. I guess you didn't hear his side of the story, that, BTW was checked out.
Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
It is funny to watch the spin of the Romney troops. Touting all the "overflow" crowds at the venues he is stopping at. Of course, the locations are intentionally small. A few dozen makes the venue "overflow". Why is it Repubs eat this nonsense up?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
There are so many reasons he is the best candidate, but I will limit it to my top ones. Mitt Romney is a genius when it comes to business and turning failing vetures into successful ones. This country and it's economy are sort of failing ventures right now and it needs leadership that the business world has confidence in to come in and pump life back into it. It is amazing how much better everything else will look when the economy comes back to life. Mitt Romney knows what kills businesses and what stifles new growth and he intends to remove those barriers and put people back to work in this country.

My other top reason is that he is a good and honorable man with no skeletons falling out of his closet at every turn. He will not be an embarrassment to this country and will represent it with the dignity we should be represented with. He also has a lovely family that is very supportive and will be right there all the way with him for support.
I absolutely agree with you.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:24 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Too many people want to spend their time bashing other candidates and their supporters. How about a positive thread where those that hate one candidate can instead focus their energy on explaining why Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate and how he his platform is what the majority of the population want from our next POTUS.

Only rule is no trash talking other candidates, focus on Mitt and his positive attributes. I'm looking forward to an insightful and respectful conversation.
Hmm. What do I like about Romney? Oh yeah - I like the way he sings "Who Let The Dogs Out" when he's around a bunch of black people. I'm looking forward to hearing him sing the entire song on stage if he wins the Presidency.

Mitt Romney - Who Let the Dogs Out? - YouTube

Old 12-29-2011, 04:15 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Hmm. What do I like about Romney? Oh yeah - I like the way he sings "Who Let The Dogs Out" when he's around a bunch of black people. I'm looking forward to hearing him sing the entire song on stage if he wins the Presidency.

Mitt Romney - Who Let the Dogs Out? - YouTube
He sung it?

Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Yeah, one is federal and the other is state.

Huge difference.
There is a huge difference. Sorry if you don't see it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I like the fact that Romney seems pretty normal in spite of being brought up in a cult. He's probably the most mainstream of all the front runner GOP candidates.
I agree. Huntsman would be my first choice but I will gladly support Romney. And I like to think of myself as a rational, mainstream Republican.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
To elect Mitt Romney is to perpetuate the Clinton/Bush/Obama clone that has occupied the Oval Office. Different suit - same policies.
Nope.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:36 PM

231 posts, read 814,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Too many people want to spend their time bashing other candidates and their supporters. How about a positive thread where those that hate one candidate can instead focus their energy on explaining why Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate and how he his platform is what the majority of the population want from our next POTUS.

Only rule is no trash talking other candidates, focus on Mitt and his positive attributes. I'm looking forward to an insightful and respectful conversation.
Obama is the best president we ever had - Discuss

Old 12-29-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy22 View Post
obama is the best president we ever had - discuss
LMAO. Please explain.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:34 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
LMAO. Please explain.
President Obama will never beat GWB as the "worst". I would say that starting a vendetta war with Iraq by using the excuse of 9/11 and lying to America about WMD placing American soldiers in harms way (and losing the lives of over 4400) counts as the worst in my book....actually, more like the bottom of the barrel.

That pales in comparison to President Obama having to fight off the ridiculousness of the Tea Party, the birthers, that clown Donald Trump, that bimbo Sarah Palin and the "Do-Nothing" Congress/the GOP "Party of No"

The people who despise President Obama did so on day one before a single policy had been made, nothing new there. The ones who have "turned" were marginal supporters at best.

Almost any professional Black American has gone through (or knows someone who has gone through) exactly what President Obama has as far as having to walk that "thin line" when you are the "only one". "Only ones" know what it is like to be stabbed in the back by those closest. So I think that 2012 will bring out the side of Barack Obama that he rarely allows "other" people to see. Again, "only ones" generally do not like to "go there" because they will be labeled as "aggressive", etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections