Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:25 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,635,397 times

Advertisements

You know, I'd almost vote for this guy just out of morbid curiosity as to what direction the country would take. He's an outsider who can't be bought. This scares the crap out of all the people we as non-beltway insiders and ruling elites, want the crap scared out of. Democracy in this country has become a sham and we all know it. Obama plays too much golf with the beltway insiders and the ruling class for my taste. He's one of them and has proven it over and over again, despite all the lip service to the contrary that got him the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Mischief maker and anti-Israel politician Ron Paul has seen a spike in popularity in recent polls. But thorough analysis of his supporters reveals that only half of his support is from Republicans the rest is from democrats and independents.
Byron York reported at The Examiner:
Ron Paul is surging in the Republican presidential race. Just not among Republicans.
The Texas congressman is leading some polls in Iowa and is in a tie for second in New Hampshire. A candidacy once dismissed as sideshow is now being taken very seriously; the front page of Monday’s Des Moines Register featured a huge spread under the headline “COULD RON PAUL WIN?”
Given Paul’s views on the Fed, the gold standard and social issues, not to mention his isolationist foreign policy, the polls have left some politicos wondering whether Republican voters have somehow swerved off the rails. But there’s another question that should be asked first: Who are Ron Paul’s supporters? Are they, in fact, Republicans?
In an analysis accompanying his most recent survey in Iowa, pollster Scott Rasmussen noted, “Romney leads, with Gingrich in second, among those who consider themselves Republicans. Paul has a wide lead among non-Republicans who are likely to participate in the caucus.”
The same is true in New Hampshire. A poll released Monday by the Boston Globe and the University of New Hampshire shows Paul leading among Democrats and independents who plan to vote in the January 10 primary. But among Republicans, Paul is a distant third — 33 points behind leader Mitt Romney.
In South Carolina, “Paul’s support is higher among those who usually don’t vote in GOP primary elections,” notes David Woodard, who runs the Palmetto Poll at Clemson University.
In a hotly-contested Republican race, it appears that only about half of Paul’s supporters are Republicans. In Iowa, according to Rasmussen, just 51 percent of Paul supporters consider themselves Republicans. In New Hampshire, the number is 56 percent, according to Andrew Smith, head of the University of New Hampshire poll.

‘Mischief Maker’ Ron Paul’s Rise in Polls Comes From Democrats & Independents | The Gateway Pundit
Which in essence means he is the best man to beat Obama ... But you neo-cons and warmongers are too dead set and determined to perpetuate the war centric foreign policy and fraud, that you will not vote for anyone but a status quo shill who is in essence no better or different than Obama. I hope Dr. Paul wins the Nomination - if not i hope he runs independent, then i think he might well upset the entire system for the first time since Lincoln, or just another 4 years of the same policies whoever wins the election. Whatever the case Dr. Paul getting so much publicity has caused millions of people to start asking questions that the powers that be do not want to answer, and to wake up to the corruption in the system.

He is doing this nation a great service ...

Old 12-30-2011, 09:34 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,819,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You know, I'd almost vote for this guy just out of morbid curiosity as to what direction the country would take. He's an outsider who can't be bought. This scares the crap out of all the people we as non-beltway insiders and ruling elites, want the crap scared out of.
The fact that he can't be bought was my #1 attraction to him too. Then I started studying his positions and I found myself agreeing to him more and more.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Which in essence means he is the best man to beat Obama ... But you neo-cons and warmongers are too dead set and determined to perpetuate the war centric foreign policy and fraud, that you will not vote for anyone but a status quo shill who is in essence no better or different than Obama. I hope Dr. Paul wins the Nomination - if not i hope he runs independent, then i think he might well upset the entire system for the first time since Lincoln, or just another 4 years of the same policies whoever wins the election. Whatever the case Dr. Paul getting so much publicity has caused millions of people to start asking questions that the powers that be do not want to answer, and to wake up to the corruption in the system.

He is doing this nation a great service ...

I don't know who you are referring to as 'you neo-cons and warmongers' but YOU don't know or speak for me.

Ron Paul is not running as an Independent. I keep trying to tell you folks that, but you just won't listen.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Freedom.

Braveheart - FREEDOM - YouTube

Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Paul's foreign policy stance resonates better with Democrats than with war-mongering, interventionist Republicans, while his domestic agenda falls on sympathetic Republican ears and turns away big-government liberals. So he does cross over. Unfortunately, the total package has enough elements to turn off the majority on both sides and he has no chance of electoral success.

Ron Paul represents true progressive politics instead of the regressive politics of the professional "progressive" candidates and Obama. While all the other "progressive" candidates represent the worst policies of both parties, Paul actually represents the best policies of both parties.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-30-2011 at 10:38 PM..

Old 12-30-2011, 11:11 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,504,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Try Independents. You know, the vast majority of Americans?
You mean including all those post-Dubya Republicans that are so embarrassed they've now "re-invented" themselves as "Independents"...?

Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 AM

37,955 posts, read 17,980,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Mischief maker and anti-Israel politician Ron Paul
I like this part in the article. He agrees with the Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu on how American-Israeli relations should be yet he's anti Israel. Tabloid journalism at it's finest.
Too many people think they know how to run things better than the actual ones involved. More control freaks who have no problems forcing their will on others.

I suggest to every single person, when they hear these words, "American foreign policy states...." to run for their lives.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:50 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

I think you meant "end the partisanship" or bring about "bipartisanship" perhaps?

Ron Paul is showing the ability to draw votes from a wide spectrum, not just the "right" or the "left". I do not see another candidate with this ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

I see no other candidate that could end bipartisanship other than
RP. True signs of a Leader
Thanks I meant partisanship...
I see no other candidate that could end partisanship other than Paul...
myself...

Last edited by pollyrobin; 12-31-2011 at 04:53 AM..

Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
doesn't mean the mainstream believes his foreign policies are acceptable.

As for the 44% who didn't vote in 2008, what is unusual about that?

NIta
It does not mean Paul's foreign policies are not acceptable either....

Nothing unusual about folks not voting, but with almost half eligible
voting citizens NOT voting, it does give
raised eyebrows as to what you or I think represents majority thinking...

I feel that same way about polls, even when they lean in Paul's favor...

Last edited by pollyrobin; 12-31-2011 at 04:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections