Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 10:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
OOps, I will camp in the back yard, and blow the door if you don't let me in, to tell you how to think.
No one is telling Iran how to think, that went out the door when the fanatics took charge there, thinking is no longer allowed there.
If you tried it with me my roses would get some new fertilizer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 10:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one is telling Iran how to think

Naw, no one is....

Sanctions, are an act of war, yet no one is telling Iran how to think...

Common sense just went out the window.
Are you being rational, or just combative?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Naw, no one is....

Sanctions, are an act of war, yet no one is telling Iran how to think...

Common sense just went out the window.
Are you being rational, or just combative?
Sanctions are NOT an act of war, they are put in place to get the atention of a Nation that is behaving in an irrational manner. I thought you were a Paul fan club member, meaning we have the right to trade with a nation or not as we see fit, as do other nations. I agree, Paul and his supporters have lost all common sense, anyone tha believes that if simply leave everyone alone that they will love us and leave us alone is delusional at best, crackpot crazy and a danger to the security of the Nation most likely.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Sanctions are NOT an act of war, they are put in place to get the atention of a Nation that is behaving in an irrational manner. I thought you were a Paul fan club member, meaning we have the right to trade with a nation or not as we see fit, as do other nations. I agree, Paul and his supporters have lost all common sense, anyone tha believes that if simply leave everyone alone that they will love us and leave us alone is delusional at best, crackpot crazy and a danger to the security of the Nation most likely.

Sanctions most certainly are an act of war, on another sovereign nation.

Sanctions have always led to retaliation, of violence.

Japan, Germany, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, now threats of bombing Iran, because they fought fire with fire and are going to apply sanctions to the Straights.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Sanctions most certainly are an act of war, on another sovereign nation.

Sanctions have always led to retaliation, of violence.

Japan, Germany, Korea, Vietnam, Kuwait, Iraq, now threats of bombing Iran, because they fought fire with fire and are going to apply sanctions to the Straights.
The only one of thise you listed that had anything at all to do with sanctions was Japan, and those were in place because they were attacking nations all across Asia, read more history, post less.
If they attempt to close the straights we and other natons will destroy their fleet and any other means they may have at their disposal. They can talk tough all they want but one should always be smart when talking tough, the other guy might just call your bluff and tear ya a new one.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
If they attempt to close the straights we and other natons will destroy their fleet and any other means they may have at their disposal.

So, I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.

Sanctions are an act of war. You proved it.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
So, I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong.

Sanctions are an act of war. You proved it.
Nope, wrong again, the act of war would be them attacking another ship from ANY other Nation, then the war is on, tarted by them, if they do nothing there is no war, see how simple it all is.

I am curious, if I remember corretly you served this Nation of ours and once understood that there are good reasons for us to have a very strong military and they serve us around the world as they are doing so right now in the straights. What on earth has changed your thinkig so much to believe that is no longer true?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:58 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,767,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I agree with the goals you state in principle, but history shows that that is not very likely.

I am not saying it can work TO SOME DEGREE but not to the point you are espousing.

Why? National interests will push some countries to use some type of aggression to achieve their goals. That is why, nations that end up being the top power do try to maintain that position because the moment they do not, somebody else will and that means to be at the mercy of that country.

I repeat, I praise your idealistic philosohpy. I wish what you want could be done but the reality does not allow it. Take care.

This is the most ridiculous thinking i have ever heard. You say Great nations have to become empires in order to defend their interests and remain the greatest nations , essentially by keeping others down.

Hmm, when was the last time a country tried this and failed ...? Russia? And before them ... Germany? And before them ... Britain? And before them ... Rome? And before them ... Greece? and before them ... Persia? and before them ... Babylon?

Who's next? America! Some people are incapable of learning from others mistakes, unfortunately those people seem to be running this country ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-03-2012 at 03:39 PM..

Old 01-03-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This is the most ridiculous thinking i have ever heard. You say Great nations have to become empires in order to defend their interests and remain the greatest nations , essentially by keeping others down.

Hmm, when was the last time a country tried this and failed ...? Russia? And before them ... Germany? And before them ... Britain? And before them ... Rome? And before them ... Greece? and before them ... Persia? and before them ... Babylon?

Who's next? America! Some people are incapable of learning from others mistakes, unfortunately those people seem to be running this country ...

And so what does all this mean, that as individual humans we in America should act like adults who pay our bills and live by our means and don't start fights with our neighbors, but as a nation we must spend beyond our limit and attack anyone we fear my not agree with our interests?

So its wrong for humans to bully other humans ans to steal other peoples wealth, but its okay for nations to bully other nations and steal their wealth?

Double standards are what make America great, right?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-03-2012 at 03:40 PM..

Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 AM

You and they make excuses ... There is no excuse ... You trust in your power and might, and not in the value of virtue ... and that is why you and they always fail, and will continue to do so ... that is why every kingdom on earth under the sun has always failed, because corrupt men think they can gather the world under their wing, and are willing to murder in order to accomplish it. They defeat themselves, they cut their noses off to spite their own faces. They do not love their neighbors, much less their enemies, so they are doomed to fail ... for ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections