Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 01:47 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You got the question
No I didn't get the question. That's why I asked, pay attention.

Quote:
(and no, it ain't a joke, just questioning the sanity). Now answer it.
I would have answered it the first time if I understood it. Can you wrap your head around that?

Quote:
And in case you're still wondering,
why would you think I wasn't wondering since I asked? How silly.

Quote:
here is the question again in about as simple words as I can come up with:

Why did they sign up?
here is the answer in about as simple words as I can come up with: Ask them. Directly ask the ones involved. That is who I look to for my answers.

Why do most young people join the military ?

"Some join in order to fire some unique weaponry: pistols, rifles, automatic weapons, artillery, tanks, etc. Some join to travel the world. Some join for unique opportunities like flying jets, or jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, or traveling on a submarine. Some feel a call to serve and defend their country, whether it is on the front lines, or supporting the troops in a rear area. Some join for the benefits like health care, retirement, GI bill, veteran benefits, etc. Some join for the education from ROTC scholarships or Academy appointments, and military training in rare and valuable career fields.

Some join for the discipline and structured environment, where fashion and family name are less important than professional and athletic ability. Some join to be surrounded by like minded individuals where respect runs both up and down the chain of command."

I can’t speak for everyone, but here are some popular reasons. I hope this helps. -10 years as an Air Force Liaison Officer

you've been a little extra p*ssy lately I've noticed. Lack of freedom getting to you?

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 01-10-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Interesting isn't it, how little respect Mr. Paul and his supporters actually seem to have for the military and that little thing called the USCMJ.
Since when is NOT sacrificing the lives of our military personnel over nothing to do with protecting our borders and everything to do with oil showing little respect?
Even though Ron Paul gets more individual donations from active military personnel than any other candidate that means little right? Those active in the military don't know whats good for them, they should just keep their money all because YOU know better.
Show some respect for the ones involved, the ones whose lives are on line.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
FYI, I was against the invasion of Iraq from the begining, Bush Senior knew it was a bad idea, but his son is not as bright. I am against Invading Iran, unless they do something to justify it, and at this time they have not.
wow something we agree on.

Iran attacking us is the only reason I can think of to declare war and invade Iran.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,335,786 times
Quote:
They better check with their comander first, I do believe there are rules against active duty personnel doing this. If it is against the rules they could all face charges under the UCMJ and be in Big trouble.
That is correct, it is against the UCMJ to protest, march or openly make a political statement while in uniform. I think that these are phonies, because every private to general knows this

Old 01-10-2012, 02:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Since when is NOT sacrificing the lives of our military personnel over nothing to do with protecting our borders and everything to do with oil showing little respect?
Even though Ron Paul gets more individual donations from active military personnel than any other candidate that means little right? Those active in the military don't know whats good for them, they should just keep their money all because YOU know better.
Show some respect for the ones involved, the ones whose lives are on line.
Encouraging people to disobey the regulations that they agreed to adhere to is a complete sign of disrespect.
Using uniformed active duty personnel to make political statements is a complete sign of disrespect.

You can parrot the talking points about donations, etc. all you like.
The fact remains that Mr. Paul is using, or is attempting to use, members of the military for his own political purposes, which as far as I can tell, has absolutely nothing to do with protecting our borders or any other sanctioned duty.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,961,423 times
Quote:
Encouraging people to disobey the regulations that they agreed to adhere to is a complete sign of disrespect.
Using uniformed active duty personnel to make political statements is a complete sign of disrespect.

The fact remains that Mr. Paul is using, or is attempting to use, members of the military for his own political purposes, which as far as I can tell, has absolutely nothing to do with protecting our borders or any other sanctioned duty.
Very well said and clear enough for anyone to grasp. I'd rep ya again but I have to wait

Old 01-10-2012, 03:13 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No I didn't get the question. That's why I asked, pay attention.
If you paid attention, you wouldn't have trouble answering a simple question... "Why did they sign up"?

So let us see...

Quote:
I would have answered it the first time if I understood it. Can you wrap your head around that?
Let us see...

Quote:
why would you think I wasn't wondering since I asked? How silly.
Let us see...

Quote:
here is the answer in about as simple words as I can come up with: Ask them. Directly ask the ones involved. That is who I look to for my answers.
And we see... you claimed "not getting it".

Quote:
Why do most young people join the military ?
Quote:

"Some join in order to fire some unique weaponry: pistols, rifles, automatic weapons, artillery, tanks, etc. Some join to travel the world. Some join for unique opportunities like flying jets, or jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, or traveling on a submarine. Some feel a call to serve and defend their country, whether it is on the front lines, or supporting the troops in a rear area. Some join for the benefits like health care, retirement, GI bill, veteran benefits, etc. Some join for the education from ROTC scholarships or Academy appointments, and military training in rare and valuable career fields.

Some join for the discipline and structured environment, where fashion and family name are less important than professional and athletic ability. Some join to be surrounded by like minded individuals where respect runs both up and down the chain of command."

I can’t speak for everyone, but here are some popular reasons. I hope this helps. -10 years as an Air Force Liaison Officer

Cute, and mostly stupid.

Joining the military was merely about a "hobby" or playing games. And now is the time to go and complain about the outcome. How mature of them.
Quote:
you've been a little extra p*ssy lately I've noticed. Lack of freedom getting to you?
Must suck to be at the receiving end. Stop complaining about freedom with the run-around show you just performed.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,696,085 times
Quote:
Educated? By RP fans, not in this lifetime, one has to be educated themself before attempting to educate others

So, you are just blabbing, to be blabbing.
Yet, you no clue what you're babbling about.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, you are just blabbing, to be blabbing.
Yet, you no clue what you're babbling about.
That would be you, actually. He's made his points very clear.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:20 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times
Quote:

Great post. And correct. This man is not what they think he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections