Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,777,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
You'd be right. I really couldn't careless since we're gonna survive one way or the other. I just have a problem with the reasoning behind it and honestly? I'm offended that my fellow veterans and active duty military would march against their Commander in Chief. No matter what the reason is and how you want to spin it, they all are breaking the Oath they took up. Shame on them.

There's a difference between ridicule and informing. Apparently they are one in the same to you. Speak out all you want! It's your American right, which I defended for 4 years of my life and now my duty to this country is done. Your reasons for protesting and speaking out are warped, mind you, but do what you feel you need to do.

You asked me for my opinion and I indulged you and gave you as such. God forbid that someone else speaks up against you because then they *must* be against the USA, right? They must be for the detriment and destruction of this great nation, correct?

Please. It's just asinine how you preach this and that and fail to realize you're just playing into the Republican propaganda by supporting the insubordination of a military to it's Command in Chief.

How you reason yourself to find that justifiable is beyond me. It's enough to make me bang my head into a wall.

Oh wait:
Keep serving your despotic masters kid ... Its obvious that is all you are good for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 03:43 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,235,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Keep serving your despotic masters kid ... Its obvious that is all you are good for.
Last I checked Obama wasn't a tyrant. Nice play on the fancy word, though.

You wanted my opinion, I gave you it. Seems to me you'll never lifted that warped veil of ignorance you have over your head.

Excuse me while I enjoy my well deserved freedoms, rights, and liberties.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,588,333 times
Soldiers in Afghanistan Must Be Fired Upon to Receive Combat Pay

Quote:
Is this the “safe” Afghanistan where Warriors are still forced to patrol daily, are wounded in daily, killed in daily, betrayed by Afghan Soldiers and Police Cadets, daily and which the Obama Administration has now effectively declared no longer a combat zone?
So once again, the health and well-being of our Warriors will suffer for political expedience. In addition, all troops fired upon, wounded or killed by our “Afghan partners” will not be viewed as combat deaths but fratricide/murder, making those incidents criminal acts. This will affect the way United States Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Coast Guardsmen who are wounded or killed in that polluted land are treated by this government. It will also most likely change the SGLI eligibility status from non-taxable to taxable!!
Obama: Soldiers in Afghanistan Must Be Fired Upon to Receive Combat Pay

The rules for Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Pay have changed. Service members will now receive imminent danger pay only for days they actually spend in hazardous areas. This change went in effect on February 1, 2012.
A member of a uniformed service may be entitled to Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger pay at the rate of $225 for any month in which he/she was entitled to basic pay and in which he/she was:
  • Subject to hostile fire or explosion of hostile mines;
  • On duty in an area in which he was in imminent danger of being exposed to hostile fire or explosion of hostile mines and in which, during the period he was on duty in that area, other members of the uniformed services were subject to hostile fire or explosion of hostile mines;
  • Killed, injured, or wounded by hostile fire, explosion of a hostile mine, or any other hostile action; or
  • On duty in a foreign area in which he was subject to the threat of physical harm or imminent danger on the basis of civil insurrection, civil war, terrorism, or wartime conditions.
Obama Pulls Combat Pay for U.S. Troops | The Shark Tank

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-21-2012 at 05:30 PM..

Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,459,047 times
Thumbs down Thousands of active duty soldiers to march on the Whitehouse for Ron Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
If thousands of active military marching on the White House, and turning their backs on the President doesn't wake a lot of people up to the realities of the direction our country has been heading, then their is truly no hope.

Keep in mind, these are ACTIVE military in uniform marching on the White House which is more than frowned upon. They are going to make sure that their voices are going to be heard.

Wake up people!!

» Veterans, Active Duty Soldiers To March On White House For Ron Paul Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

PS. Be sure to watch the very powerful 20 minute speech at the bottom. It actually put me in tears.

From the link:

The event, to be held on President’s Day, February 20th

If this happened yesterday, why are there no news reports?

Let me guess: "left wing media conspiracy"

Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
You are defective, if you think Obama gives a damn about you or your service.

The rules for Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger Pay have changed. Service members will now receive imminent danger pay only for days they actually spend in hazardous areas. This change went in effect on February 1, 2012.
A member of a uniformed service may be entitled to Hostile Fire and Imminent Danger pay at the rate of $225 for any month in which he/she was entitled to basic pay and in which he/she was:
  • On duty in an area in which he was in imminent danger of being exposed to hostile fire or explosion of hostile mines and in which, during the period he was on duty in that area, other members of the uniformed services were subject to hostile fire or explosion of hostile mines;
  • Killed, injured, or wounded by hostile fire, explosion of a hostile mine, or any other hostile action; or
  • On duty in a foreign area in which he was subject to the threat of physical harm or imminent danger on the basis of civil insurrection, civil war, terrorism, or wartime conditions.
Oh look - an unoriginal, uninspired personal attack on me and my character. How quaint.

And I'm pretty damn sure the POTUS gives a damn about each and everyone of the men and women serving in the military.

Or did the Republicans booing a homosexual military member, which the POTUS reprimanded them for (and rightfully so), prove otherwise?

Don't talk to me about what the POTUS cares about when the Republicans boo a military member. The orientation of said member is a moot point. The mere fact that they booed a military member is sickening enough.

Get over yourself.

As for the hazardous pay, it was being abused by many of the military commanders. My captain got us in and out of a known hostile zone when I was on deployment in 2009 so we would get that benefit and we got it for 3 months. All we had to do was enter it for several hours and it would apply for the pay for the rest of that month. That's 6 paychecks where we got untaxed money just for entering a little zone that really wasn't hostile.

There's good reason why it was changed. Stop taking things out of context to fit your argument. Look at the bigger picture.

Nice try though. I applaud you:

Old 02-21-2012, 04:30 PM

740 posts, read 1,976,850 times
Quote:
You are defective, if you think Obama gives a damn about you or your service.

$225.00 extra per month if you are fired upon? Weak.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,588,333 times
Quote:
Oh look - an unoriginal, uninspired personal attack on me and my character. How quaint.

And I'm pretty damn sure the POTUS gives a damn about each and everyone of the men and women serving in the military.

Or did the Republicans booing a homosexual military member, which the POTUS reprimanded them for (and rightfully so), prove otherwise?

Don't talk to me about what the POTUS cares about when the Republicans boo a military member. The orientation of said member is a moot point. The mere fact that they booed a military member is sickening enough.

Get over yourself.

As for the hazardous pay, it was being abused by many of the military commanders. My captain got us in and out of a known hostile zone when I was on deployment in 2009 so we would get that benefit and we got it for 3 months. All we had to do was enter it for several hours and it would apply for the pay for the rest of that month. That's 6 paychecks where we got untaxed money just for entering a little zone that really wasn't hostile.

There's good reason why it was changed. Stop taking things out of context to fit your argument. Look at the bigger picture.

Nice try though. I applaud you:
Right, that's why he wanted you to pay for your own health insurance.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:38 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,057,704 times
>Thousands of active duty service members march on the White House

Then thousands of active duty service members shouldn't be surprised to be out of a job.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Right, that's why he wanted you to pay for your own health insurance.
Oh you mean the health insurance I didn't and still don't pay for?

Doh!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:27 PM

37,973 posts, read 17,930,431 times
Quote:
Flip flop? No no. I have no problem with people doing what they want. My problems stem from the reason behind their actions. Try reading comprehension
re read your post and practice what you preach

Quote:
And that's all you have to say? Really? Right. I doubt you have ever served so what do you know of the Oath that myself and KickAssArmyChick are arguing over? Please enlighten me.
Anyone with comprehensive skills can read the oath. I don't need to pound my chest and put up childish gifs from silly little cartoons either to prove myself.

Quote:
Anyway, as with everyone else I run into problems with, your entire argument is laughable at best. As such I will give you an 'A' for effort and applaud you on a good attempt. It's the least I can do for you:
You don't no what the discussion is about. Its goes beyond silly cartoons and gibberish lacking substance. I'm still waiting for you to explain how your very presence in the Middle East which is one of the reasons given in the CIAs report from the Bin Laden unit for the 9/11 attacks is defending my liberties. But then again with the time you spend on cartoons, you probably don't read much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections