Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

James O'Keefe does it again, documenting DEAD people actually receiving a ballot to vote. Precinct after precinct, multiple video examples.

Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary - YouTube

THIS is why voter ID makes so much sense.

And look what the DEMOCRAT governor of NH did;

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75Q6E520110627

Quote:
New Hampshire Governor John Lynch on Monday vetoed a bill to require voters to present photo identification before casting a ballot after critics said it would discourage some voters from going to the polls.
Yeah, wouldn't want to discourage voter fraud, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 12:48 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,067,889 times
Welll, one would think that death would discourage someone from going to the polls. Guess not. It is really heartening to see the green sensitivity by the repurposing of someone's good name and identity.

See, even conservatives can be for green.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:06 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
You know--I'm sick of this voter fraud garbage being trotted out when people can see right through it, and they know it's all about voter suppression. How do you think that makes our party look to independents? Democrats are going to vote D no matter what, but independents are who win races. From 2002 - 2005, the Bush administration only dealt with 38 cases of voter fraud, and they wound up having to throw 14 of them out. This is a completely made up problem.

STUDY: Feds Prosecuted Only 38 Cases Of Voter Fraud Between 2002-05, 14 Were Thrown Out | ThinkProgress

Old 01-11-2012, 02:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Lets just go to mandatory national id... one card does it all.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Welll, one would think that death would discourage someone from going to the polls. Guess not. It is really heartening to see the green sensitivity by the repurposing of someone's good name and identity.

See, even conservatives can be for green.
Well, I see you missed the point of the INVESTIGATION completely. NOT requiring voter ID, NOT purging voter rolls of dead people leads to vote fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You know--I'm sick of this voter fraud garbage being trotted out when people can see right through it, and they know it's all about voter suppression. How do you think that makes our party look to independents? Democrats are going to vote D no matter what, but independents are who win races. From 2002 - 2005, the Bush administration only dealt with 38 cases of voter fraud, and they wound up having to throw 14 of them out. This is a completely made up problem.

STUDY: Feds Prosecuted Only 38 Cases Of Voter Fraud Between 2002-05, 14 Were Thrown Out | ThinkProgress
"Our" party? You are not part of the republican party OR conservative.

Oh, linking to stink progress as truth or proof of anything, CEMENTS that.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, I see you missed the point of the INVESTIGATION completely. NOT requiring voter ID, NOT purging voter rolls of dead people leads to vote fraud.

"Our" party? You are not part of the republican party OR conservative.

Oh, linking to stink progress as truth or proof of anything, CEMENTS that.
And you're using James OKeefe as a reliable, unbiased source? I'd like to see the unedited tape. If there is a problem in NH, the simple solution is for the Dept. of Health to send death records on a daily basis to the secretary of state--why isn't that happening now?

Every time a moderate republican disagrees with you, you trot out the same old automatic response--"YOU never voted for a republican, YOU'RE not a conservative." Here's my response--YOU'RE full of BS on this stuff, and I think you know that.

The big problem with the republican party today is that there is NO big tent anymore--the radical right wing nuts have done their best to push out the moderates. You also cry conspiracy theory at the drop of a hat--there is no moderation and no reason. The wild accusations work the first time, or maybe the second, but after awhile people stop believing everything you say automatically--people are sick of the birthers, they're sick of hearing that Obama is a Muslim, they're sick of hearing how evil everyone is except for tea party republicans, and they're sick of gridlock. You are very wrong if you think that the majority of people in this country have your agenda.

As far as the source--why don't you google it and disprove it? The source doesn't matter--I grabbed the first link I saw--but facts are facts. The voter fraud issue is an invented problem, and it's an ugly side of the republican party that we should all be ashamed of.

The republican party I grew up in was the party of business, mainstreet, and moderation. We need to get back to the business of building industry in this country. As for the rest--I can't stomach this kind of garbage. It's uncouth, and it's NOT conservative.

Last edited by mb1547; 01-11-2012 at 09:07 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
And you're using James OKeefe as a reliable, unbiased source? I'd like to see the unedited tape. If there is a problem in NH, the simple solution is for the Dept. of Health to send death records on a daily basis to the secretary of state--why isn't that happening now?

What - the actual video of election workers handing ballots to people using names that should be purged from the rolls (dead) is not good enough for you?

Every time a moderate republican disagrees with you, you trot out the same old automatic response--"YOU never voted for a republican, YOU'RE not a conservative." Here's my response--YOU'RE full of BS on this stuff, and I think you know that.

Please, please, all one needs to do is LOOK at your posts to determine you are no republican/conservative.

As far as the source--why don't you google it and disprove it? The source doesn't matter--I grabbed the first link I saw--but facts are facts. The voter fraud issue is an invented problem, and it's an ugly side of the republican party that we should all be ashamed of.

Hogwash. Of course stink progress, or any other LEFT-WING website will claim the voter fraud issue is bogus. They are full of it. Try coming up with a legitimate source.

The republican party I grew up in was the party of business, mainstreet, and moderation. We need to get back to the business of building industry in this country. As for the rest--I can't stomach this kind of garbage. It's uncouth, and it's NOT conservative.
Still is. See, the conservative ideology is the majority in this country. The liberal ideology is a FRINGE minority. MY views are in the mainstream. Low taxes, pro-business, less government bloat and intrusion, etc, etc.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
James O'Keefe does it again, documenting DEAD people actually receiving a ballot to vote. Precinct after precinct, multiple video examples.

Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary - YouTube

THIS is why voter ID makes so much sense.

And look what the DEMOCRAT governor of NH did;

New Hampshire governor vetoes voter photo ID bill | Reuters

Yeah, wouldn't want to discourage voter fraud, right?
LMAO at this. What's the theory? That in a country in which 100,000,000 votes are cast, enough people will be motivated to pose as dead voters, and risk prison, just to cast another ballot, and somehow, that's going to make an impact? It is hard enough getting people to come out and vote as themselves once, let alone impersonate someone else.

Even so, these O'Keefe morons got caught, FFS. They tried to commit voter fraud, and got caught. Did you know the whole crew could be facing jail time now, including the convicted felon/wanna-be rapist O'Keefe?

For better or worse, some people's souls are visible in their faces. O'Keefe's sure is- he's got "creep" oozing out of his pores.

Out of hundreds of millions of votes cast in the US, there have only been a small handful of documented cases of voter fraud through impersonation- the only kind of fraud these bills are designed to stop.

Meanwhile, the GOP voter ID laws will have the "side effect" () of disenfranchising an estimated five million currently eligable voters- the vast majority being students, urbanites, the elderly, the poor, and the disabled- most of whom are traditionally Democratic voters. Coincidence? Hah!

Face it, the ALEC voter ID laws sweeping the red states are designed to be the GOP solution to one problem: too many Dems voting once, not crooks voting twice.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Lets just go to mandatory national id... one card does it all.
That's really the only logical solution but the bible thumpers will get all "ZOMG number of teh beast!!!!!11one" over it, as if y'know SSNs don't already exist.

Also, looks like O'Keefe's stunt might have backfired:

Election Law Experts Say James O’Keefe Allies Could Face Charges Over Voter Fraud Stunt | TPMMuckraker

Quote:
It was one of the few — if not the only — coordinated efforts to attempt in-person voter fraud, and it was pulled off by affiliates of conservative activist James O’Keefe at polling places in New Hampshire Tuesday night. All of it part of an attempt to prove the need for voter ID laws that voting rights experts say have a unfair impact on minority voters.

Now election law experts tell TPM that O’Keefe’s allies could face criminal charges on both the federal and state level for procuring ballots under false names, and that his undercover sting doesn’t demonstrate a need for voter ID laws at all.

Federal law bans not only the casting of, but the “procurement” of ballots “that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held.”

Hamline University law professor David Schultz told TPM that there’s “no doubt” that O’Keefe’s accomplices violated the law.

“In either case, if they were intentionally going in and trying to fraudulently obtain a ballot, they violated the law,” Schultz said. “So right off the bat, what they did violated the law.”

Election law expert Rick Hasen, who writes the Election Law Blog, joked in an email to TPM that O’Keefe’s team should “next show how easy it is to rob a bank with a plastic gun.”

“Who in their right mind would risk a felony conviction for this? And who would be able to do this in large enough numbers to (1) affect the outcome of the election and (2) remain undetected?” Hasen wrote.

Update, Jan. 11, 5:00PM: Mark Zuckerman, a federal prosecutor in the New Hampshire U.S. Attorney’s Office, told TPM he recently became aware of the Project Veritas video and was reviewing it but hadn’t formed any opinion on whether it presented an issue.
That one guy in his group had a dad who was an acting US Attorney, which is how they got off scot-free in the Mary Landrieu break-in case. He's not a USA anymore, so they might have bit off a little more than they can chew with this one. Oh well.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:58 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Voter ID ? WTF is wrong with a standard state ID?

Who can get a standard state ID without a SS card and B certificate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections