Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 09:47 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,835 times

Advertisements

Four Pinocchios for ‘King of Bain’ - The Washington Post

We can have reasonable discussions about the morality of "capitalism" as practiced by Romney at Bain and other private equity firms. But the Washington Post's "Fact-checker" gives Newt's 30 min "documentary" on Romney's years at Bain the coveted "four Pinocchios" for distortions and exaggerations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
So you are defending Romney?!?!?!? I never thought I'd see that from you, Gurbie.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So you are defending Romney?!?!?!? I never thought I'd see that from you, Gurbie.
Not defending Romney, per se, just pointing out that the WAPO Fact-checker found a lot of distortions in this anti-Romney "documentary".

Like I said, I think a fair discussion of the harmful effects income inequality has on a democracy is called for. But political "hit jobs" like "King of Bain" don't help. Such distorted attacks just muddy the water, and make it easier for the corporatists to discredit legitimate arguments.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Not defending Romney, per se, just pointing out that the WAPO Fact-checker found a lot of distortions in this anti-Romney "documentary".

Like I said, I think a fair discussion of the harmful effects income inequality has on a democracy is called for. But political "hit jobs" like "King of Bain" don't help. Such distorted attacks just muddy the water, and make it easier for the corporatists to discredit legitimate arguments.
Great post. I wanted to say more, but I couldn't say it better than you already have.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:46 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Four Pinocchios for ‘King of Bain’ - The Washington Post

We can have reasonable discussions about the morality of "capitalism" as practiced by Romney at Bain and other private equity firms. But the Washington Post's "Fact-checker" gives Newt's 30 min "documentary" on Romney's years at Bain the coveted "four Pinocchios" for distortions and exaggerations.
Fact Checker: Fact or Fiction? game and Pinocchio tracker - The Washington Post

Very interesting indeed. This moves Newt into second place for Pinocchio Rating of any candidate still running. In other words, Newt is the second biggest liar still running for the nomination. Washington Post's current standings:
1.) Ron Paul 2.50 average
2.) Newt Gingrich 2.43 average
3.) Rich Perry 2.41 average
4.) Rich Santorum 2.0 average
5.) Mitt Romney 1.95 average
6.) Jon Huntsman 1.50 average

Interesting how much that has changed over the past week or so. Santorum previously had an absolute stranglehold on the lead in the Pinocchio Race. Ron Paul was second to last not long ago. The only consistent performer has been Jon Huntsman who has placed dead last every time I've looked at the tracker.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

Very interesting indeed. This moves Newt into second place for Pinocchio Rating of any candidate still running. In other words, Newt is the second biggest liar still running for the nomination. Washington Post's current standings:

Interesting how much that has changed over the past week or so. Santorum previously had an absolute stranglehold on the lead in the Pinocchio Race. Ron Paul was second to last not long ago. The only consistent performer has been Jon Huntsman who has placed dead last every time I've looked at the tracker.
Very Interesting Indeed, Bachmann was the biggest liar, then dropped out, followed by Cain who has also dropped out, and now "Honest Abe Paul" is in the lead for the biggest Liar, even ahead of Perry, WOW. I truely am shocked and once the Cult shows up the posts will get even more shocking, how dare Fact Checker point out Pauls "mistakes", I wonder why they hate the Constitution, American, Liberty, Children, Kittens and Puppies

Old 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Very Interesting Indeed, Bachmann was the biggest liar, then dropped out, followed by Cain who has also dropped out, and now "Honest Abe Paul" is in the lead for the biggest Liar, even ahead of Perry, WOW. I truely am shocked and once the Cult shows up the posts will get even more shocking, how dare Fact Checker point out Pauls "mistakes", I wonder why they hate the Constitution, American, Liberty, Children, Kittens and Puppies
This is very interesting given how much they love to talk about how none of the other candidates will live up to their campaign promises, but Paul can for some reason be trusted to do so himself.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

The Machine really fears Paul!!!

LOL!

The most honest man in the game, is labeled the biggest liar?

Old 01-13-2012, 06:40 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,435,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Machine really fears Paul!!!

LOL!

The most honest man in the game, is labeled the biggest liar?
What criteria do you use to conclude he is the 'most honest man in the game'? He may be but how would I know?How do you know?Are we expected to just 'accept it on faith like Jesus' or is there some way we can verify and expose the anti-paul propagandists?

Old 01-13-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:

The Post is reporting Gingrich is calling for the super pac responsible for "King of Bain" to edit out any inaccuracies, or pull it all together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections